Did a nice little trade the other day

Options
and got rid of all my extra gear to a friend.
He traded me a complete Mirage Nanosat surround system for my stuff.
I hooked up the Mirage sub to my electric piano, which now sounds like a real 9 foot grand !
Two of the mini-sat omnidirectional speakers went into each rear corner of my room, wired to the Marantz's rear channels via a Niles volume control box.
Now I can blend the rear speakers in nicely, as they are closer to where I sit.
The Nanosat is a speaker that fires upwards into two convex domes that sends the sound 360 degrees.
I put the spare speakers back in their box and maybe someday will get a surround system. (though I'm partial to stereo)

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I thought your nice trade might have been to short oil :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Mirage made some good stuff!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I miss Mirage. They use to make some killer stuff. I have Installed their entire line from 1999 to 2008. After that I haven't seen much in the way of Mirage or even talked about. God I miss those days.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ckhyr5z53b1x.jpeg
    0ke11lhsnhyz.jpeg
    xb24o0exv2cq.jpeg
    l8ode3y5616r.jpeg

This was a super small job way back in the day of the OmniSat's probably very like the ones you just got. They where remarkable sounding speakers for their size and price.
    Dan
  • jdjohn
    Options
    What is that on the TV screen? Some sort of athletic competition? It looks vaguely familiar.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    What is that on the TV screen? Some sort of athletic competition? It looks vaguely familiar.

It looks like something from olden days.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mantis
    Options
    It sure is, it's a sporting event. They use to have them back in the day.
    Dan
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options

It's called "Falling Face First Down a Rock Outcropping".
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

It's called "Falling Face First Down a Rock Outcropping".
    Wrong screen ;)
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    Options
    Here's an update on the Mirage rear speaker experiment:

The last time I ran a pair of rear speakers, was when I had Polk Monitor 5's up front and 5 Jr.s in the back corners.
    At the time, I had to run a lot of speaker wire all the way around one side of the room, snaking it under door jams and radiator elements.
    This time I tried something different and bought a roll of flat "Ghost Wire" , with the self adhesive backing.
    It's nothing more than four one inch strips of thin copper foil.
    I got the optional terminal blocks that let you clamp onto the ends of the tape and convert the other side to a speaker wire set screw.
    This way, I only had to run a 7 ft. lead under the rug and couch, then branch off to the two corners with about 5 ft. of speaker wire.
    It works quite well !
    After my first intial listen, I decided that my KEF/NOY hybrids and the Nanosats were the perfect match, which meant that I could forgo the use of the Niles volume attenuator box.
    I did however, add a pair of external high pass filters afterwards to the Nano's, which keep everything under 100 hz. from reaching them.
    I'm really impressed with this set up.
    You don't even notice the rears until something airy, like back up vocals or cymbal hits come into play.
    When you think of it, my system now has three degrees of seperation frequency wise.
    The subs for the lowest material, then the 6.5" Kefs for the middle area and finally the 2.5" Nanos to take up the high notes.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    nice parquet floor on that TV programme ;)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    edited May 2020
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    nice parquet floor on that TV programme ;)

Here's a nice Parquet radio.

"Audio...it's what's for dinner."

v672s3x3c6b8.jpg

9gz8y7zuzane.jpg

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    ¿Porque Parkay?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Better than poupon...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,982
    Options