RIP Kobe Bryant

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    I find it sad that ZERO airtime (and there has been CONSIDERABLE airtime dedicated to this tragedy) has been directed at the six other people on the flight - they most likely had families and friends and loved ones left behind too.... but you’d never know it.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I believe there was a Mother, Father, and daughter as well as two siblings.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Kobe Bryant dunks over a snake filled pool with Jackass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AaJglK4IAf4
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,784
    Damn, he could fly.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    F1nut wrote: »
    Damn, he could fly.

You know what Jesse? I have always been on the fence as to whether or you’re the **** some suggest or perhaps you’re just misunderstood. You’ve unequivocally proven a lot of people on here right. And lest this is a “holier than thou” post - I have a pretty dark sense of humor. But that post has no humor in it at all. You will undoubtedly get the couple LOL’s that you so desperately crave but I am going to ask you, is it worth it? Tasteless at best.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • F1nut
    Shawn, I don't know exactly what your problem is, but you definitely have one. That's twice tonight you've misjudged people while on your self-righteous soap box. Back to the bozo list you go.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    I watched the video, then read Jesse’s comment. I inferred he was commenting on the fact that Kobe flew (quite literally) over that pool. Obviously you inferred something else....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• shawn474
    Shawn, I don't know exactly what your problem is, but you definitely have one. That's twice tonight you've misjudged people while on your self-righteous soap box. Back to the bozo list you go.

I apologized for the first one.....there isn’t a chance I apologize for this one. You playing the victim role? Come on man - you’re better than that. That post is trolling and if you can’t see the problem with what you posted,either when typing it or reading it, you’re incredibly naive. You posted that KNOWING someone was going to “take it the wrong way” and waited for someone to take the bait. I gladly accept. Trust me when I tell you, there are zero F’s given if I am on your ignore list. Please keep me there for perpetuity this time.
    Shawn
  • shawn474
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I watched the video, then read Jesse’s comment. I inferred he was commenting on the fact that Kobe flew (quite literally) over that pool. Obviously you inferred something else....

I obviously did and you see it differently. The fact that you or Jesse may not see how that post should have been reworded before clicking the Post Comments button is what I would point to. There isn’t a compassionate soul who would re-read that and say “maybe that’s a bad choice of words” ; unless you’re in pursuit of an argument or chuckle from your boys.
    Shawn
  • daddyjt
    shawn474 wrote: »

I obviously did and you see it differently. The fact that you or Jesse may not see how that post should have been reworded before clicking the Post Comments button is what I would point to. There isn’t a compassionate soul who would re-read that and say “maybe that’s a bad choice of words” ; unless you’re in pursuit of an argument or chuckle from your boys.

Ok, how’s this:

“Damn - he can propel himself vertically, with significant horizontal velocity, such that he can clear large obstacles in order to place a basketball into a basketball hoop - thereby “scoring”.

All better?

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• shawn474
    edited January 2020
    Ok, how’s this:

“Damn - he can propel himself vertically, with significant horizontal velocity, such that he can clear large obstacles in order to place a basketball into a basketball hoop - thereby “scoring”.

All better?

Look man, This isn’t about me being sensitive or politically correct or a snowflake - I can assure you that those words have never been spoken by people who know me. If you can’t see the potential issue with what Jesse posted and the context with which it relates then I got nothing for you. This is about respecting the fact that this is a tragedy that happened to 9 people and their families. I have met Kobe personally on two occasions. I have ZERO relationship with him and frankly couldn’t care less that he was a celebrity basketball player......ALL that matters is he was a father with his daughter leaving behind a wife / mother and three other children / siblings. His assistant coach was a mother to her daughter on that chopper leaving behind a husband and other children / siblings. The highly successful juco baseball coach was a father and husband to his wife and daughter in that flight.

I do, however, feel as though that they all deserve to be respected and mourned as human beings with devastated families left behind. Take it however you want.
    Shawn
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Most things turn into a sh@# show around here. Kinda funny really, in a sad sort of way.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Shawn---benefit of the doubt much? Why not stop attempting to interpret other peoples messages, you don't appear to be very good at it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shawn474
    edited January 2020
    Steve, thanks for your thoughtful input. I provide benefit of the doubt when it’s appropriate and earned. I apologized for the conclusion I jumped to initially; in the second case, I guess I don’t see a reason to give benefit of the doubt to someone who has shown a propensity to stir the pot (respected member or not) and called it like I see it. I would have said the same thing to him had we been in casual conversation in person.

It is interesting that some can’t see the unfortunate irony in the post and agree that a better choice of words were (and still are in order). Including the one who posted it. Truthfully, it wouldn’t be the first time he has exhibited this type of behavior - hence my response. I WILL admit that I could have stayed out of it and not contributed to the downward spiral of this thread which should be about offering sympathy to the families and individuals involved. For THAT, I would be inclined to offer a bit of regret.

I would say that this would be my last post in the thread but will wait time see how all this plays out before I make any promises. Have a great day.
    Shawn
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,307
    I provide benefit of the doubt when it’s appropriate and earned.

Well, that's a bold faced lie. Your commentary about F1nut's post about him flying was uncalled for, obviously not giving him the benefit of the doubt, twisted, rude and just plain ol' stupid to think that he was inferring to anything else than what he stated.

I do agree with your commentary about he others on board the helicopter but damn, son. Take a step back. That was ridiculous criticism of a perfectly fine post.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • shawn474
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I provide benefit of the doubt when it’s appropriate and earned.

Well, that's a bold faced lie. Your commentary about F1nut's post about him flying was uncalled for, obviously not giving him the benefit of the doubt, twisted, rude and just plain ol' stupid to think that he was inferring to anything else than what he stated.

I do agree with your commentary about he others on board the helicopter but damn, son. Take a step back. That was ridiculous criticism of a perfectly fine post.

Tom

Tom,
    There are a couple things I am not - a liar or your son. It isn’t out of the realm of possibility that someone would take a cheap shot like that for a laugh - look at all the internet memes if you don’t believe me. You and I can agree to disagree on the intent of the post - it’s unarguable in my mind that the post could be taken out of context given the circumstances. So in my opinion, it was not a “perfectly fine post”.
    Shawn
  • F1nut
    Shawn, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM....YOU ARE ALWAYS THE PROBLEM......everyone can see that here, but you.

President of Club Polk

• shawn474
    edited January 2020
    Shawn, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM....YOU ARE ALWAYS THE PROBLEM......everyone can see that here, but you.

Please, for the love of all things holy, put me back on your ignore list. There are literally dozens upon dozens upon dozens of examples suggesting the alternative. Look in the mirror man.....keep telling yourself I am the problem and play the victim some more. It fits your twisted, skewed and yet wholly inaccurate narrative.

Here is an English lesson for you - there are rarely times when you can use absolutes to support an argument. When you say always and everyone - those are absolutes; and wildly irresponsible - except for someone as versed in the art of trolling as you are. Admit it Jesse.....you enjoy confrontation, rarely admit you’re wrong and when you back yourself into a corner you double down. Sad thing is I would still sit down over a beer and hash this out with you but that ship has likely sailed. Have a good day.
    Shawn
  • F1nut
    I took you off the bozo list just to see how big of a fool you'd make yourself out to be. You're self-righteous behavior is disgraceful. Back on the list you go.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Everyone please take a step back... Please !!!

Please quit trying to pick apart peoples words to reflect what you think is in their mind or put words into their mouth..

Enough !!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    "Fly" is a basketball reference to dunking ability. I inferred no disrespect or ill will from Jesse's comment.
  • F1nut
    This thread was going along just fine until shawn474 decided to pass judgement not once, but twice in error. Please remove all of his unnecessary comments and those in response to him.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,550
    Clipdat wrote: »
    "Fly" is a basketball reference to dunking ability. I inferred no disrespect or ill will from Jesse's comment.

1000%

That dunk was impressive!

I seen Michael Jordan once, I'm here to tell you that watching him on TV was impressive BUT ACTUALLY seeing it in person is like trying to show people how fast a runner is by a simple photograph. Seeing Michael do his thing in person was something I'll never forget because you just cannot get that perspective from TV.

Some of the best can and do walk on air Kobe walked on air..
  • shawn474
    edited January 2020
    This thread was going along just fine until shawn474 decided to pass judgement not once, but twice in error. Please remove all of his unnecessary comments and those in response to him.

Jesse, get over yourself man. Honestly....unnecessary comments? Isn’t that the proverbial pot calling the kettle? I took issue with your choice of words and expressed that - interestingly enough YOU haven’t clarified your intent once in this entire thread. You have had others come to your defense. Others who may or may not be accurate in their assessment either.

This WILL be my last post in an effort to let this thread live with the cooler heads. I readily admit i have contributed to the downward spiral of this topic. Apologies to the rest of the group.
    Shawn
  • Muchieman
    Muchieman Posts: 204
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I believe there was a Mother, Father, and daughter as well as two siblings.
    Umm, yeah what like the other 7 lives where not as Important? The guy played Pro Basketball so he gets a Shrine built? Very tragic is it for everyone who lost their life. or How about the plane that went down where American soldiers lost their life’s protecting our freedom. Do they get a Lion’s share of the media coverage? Sad very sad the pro “basketball” player and his child lost their life in that Accident but remember so did 7 other Human beings also lost their life’s where is all the Media outpouring for those poor souls or our Military service member’s who lost their life’s Defending our freedom in the most Recent plane crash in a foreign country.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I have never seen such a disgusting display of people looking for trouble where there is none in my life.

RIP threads should never, never turn into this.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    edited January 2020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    1000%

That dunk was impressive!

I seen Michael Jordan once, I'm here to tell you that watching him on TV was impressive BUT ACTUALLY seeing it in person is like trying to show people how fast a runner is by a simple photograph. Seeing Michael do his thing in person was something I'll never forget because you just cannot get that perspective from TV.

Some of the best can and do walk on air Kobe walked on air..

So true!

Even on video that dunk looks impossible, being there had to be so awesome.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,001
    After everything I've read,I have to believe the fog was so thick,that the pilot was so disoriented he had no idea what direction he was going. They say that the brain gets so confused even when the gauges are telling the pilot one thing,the brain is telling you something different.

Still,no matter how you look at it,9 lives are gone. Quite a tragedy.
    See my profile for list of gear.
This discussion has been closed.