Best wiring method for a pair of Polk srs 3.1TL

Options
I have available to me a pair of Harman Kardon Citation 22 amplifiers. Should I set them to Bridge Mono and wire one per speaker ? Or Bi amp the speaker with one channel on the top and one on the bottom of each speaker ? I have not been able to find possible amp/speaker /wiring configurations to give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Best Answer

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Running it with monos will require an isolation transformer in the SDA interconnect, either the AI-1 Polk once sold or by making your own (Search for "Dreadnought" on this site). You should also ensure that the design of the HK is common ground, as this is a requirement for SDAs (unless using the isolation transformer--I checked and it appears it is.). Conventional wisdom around seems to be that stereo amps, bridged to mono, are usually not an ideal setup.

Not familiar with potential issues/possible benefits with using one amp for L + R top and the other for L + R bottom--someone more knowledgable than I can answer that question.

There's a decent chance that a single amp will be plenty to get your 3.1TLs singing well, using the jumpers between the speaker terminals. The Citation 22 seems to have ample power and current ability, but I have no familiarity with it myself.

Good luck and happy listening.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0

Answers

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    what are you selling?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mricci
    mricci Posts: 6
    Options
    I am not selling anything. I may have fat fingered something when I signed up and scrolled through items for sale. My apologies.