Triangle Comete EZ speaker review

ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,472
I'm excited and proud to share my review of the Triangle Comete EZ bookshelf speakers! My introduction to Triangle was at an event last year at a local HiFi shop, I previously had never heard of the brand. I immediately noticed the "live music" quality that the tweeters had. I had a conversation with their rep and we arranged a review of one of their smaller bookshelf speakers, the Comete EZ.

At $1,400 I was thoroughly impressed at their price to performance ratio. You can read my review of them here: https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-triangle-comete-ez-speakers/

Thanks in advance, and as always, please let me know what you think!

ce0c2z24cytw.jpg

k1a2w51ibymq.jpg
"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,999
    Another winner Drew. I like that you drove them with multiple different amp technologies.
    Great write up!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 457
    Informative review, Drew. I had not heard about this brand prior to it.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S, retipped by Soundsmith; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • halohalo Posts: 5,338
    Excellent review Drew! I hear about the Triangle BRO3 that Sean reviewed at Zero Fidelity and, if I had the funds, I would have ordered a pair of those. These speakers sound like they are several steps up from the BRO3 and would be worth an audition if the budget allows. These are made in France, correct?
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,145
    Man I would love to hear those speakers in my own room. Great review Drew!
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851A; Cambridge Azur 851C; Bryston BPD-1
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45; ACI Titan Subwoofer; Squeezebox Touch
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,472
    halo wrote: »
    These are made in France, correct?

Hey Victor, thanks for the inquiry. I reached out to Triangle's rep and got a response for you: "All Esprit models including Comete are made in China. To get French made you have to go up to the Signature or Magellan line."
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • verbverb Posts: 8,838
    Another nice review! Love the Corvette analogy! :smile:

So out of the 4 amps that you paired em with, which one was your favorite?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,472
    edited January 14
    That's a really hard question Dave, as they all had different strengths and areas where they would shine with particular music.

However, I think my favorite pairing was with the Parasound NewClassic 200.
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 542
    I finally read this one all the way through, and it continues to peak by interest in the Triangle brand. Unfortunately with only one dealer in Texas I probably won't have a chance to hear them for some time. I'm still hoping work will land me in NYC again later this year where I can take a weekend to explore some stores and brands there that don't have easy access here.

It's also an interesting competitor to the L200 we have going around. But for the time being, I don't imagine many dealers carrying Triangle and the Legend series. Maybe someone here will get to compare the two at some point.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs