Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Looks to be a knock off of the DeWalt mitre saw. When I first tested those I took a chunk of my thumb skin off when lowering the blade. There is only a 1/2" gap between the handle and the blade guard when they pass one another and I had my thumb on the outside of the handle. I bought a Makita instead. 8 years and thousands of boards later it's still going strong.

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Looks to be a knock off of the DeWalt mitre saw.

LOL!

Whatever.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Looks to be a knock off of the DeWalt mitre saw.

Delta is arguably one of the best professional grade woodworking equipment manufacturers out there.
    If anything, DeWalt would be copying them, not the other way around.

https://deltamachinery.com/

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Sorry. That sounded harsh. Probably should have said that the DeWalt wasn't designed to be idiot proof and since I was the idiot who put his thumb in the wrong place I got bit.

whoqtabucdxz.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    BTW, John, I have one of those Hercules saws you were looking at an HF...you made the right call.

I tolerate it because I have it but once the basement is finished, it is going on Craigslist and I am going to pick up a Delta or equivalent.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That is cool @Jstas ! Never saw a dual beveling one before! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Bev got me a mini-fridge for the shop, and a Wheeler 88 piece driver set. Very cool. I got her a Silouette 4 craft cutting machine/printer thingy--I dunno what the hell it does but she's happy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited January 2020
    steveinaz wrote: »
    ...I got her a Silouette 4 craft cutting machine/printer thingy--I dunno what the hell it does but she's happy.

I love this! I mean, that's probably how she feels about much of your stuff, too, right? :)

Of course, now I am curious as to exactly what it is!
    I am a curious sort of being (like the Rum Tum Tugger, I suppose)

https://youtu.be/ywFbpDjpZno
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    My son got me a Ibanez Acoustic Guitar.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • verb
    mantis wrote: »

Let's see some pics! :smile: Maybe a video of dad rockin the Ibanez ?! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    Mostly got a bunch of vinyl records, a couple video games and visited my folks who live in Vegas. Wife did get me the Sennheiser True Wireless earbuds, and a throwback Ryne Sandberg Jersey Also did treat myself to a new Movado Bold watch from the Movado Outlet.. wife said if I didn't get it, she would just buy it anyway.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/anthony-gomes-w-vinyl-redstone-room-tickets-77217111459

Finally get to enjoy one of my Christmas Presents this evening B)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2020
    Enjoy the shows tonight. B)
    "Vinyl" the opening act / group sounds pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/zdorlHAT68Q
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, my wife bought me a book.

wotwundxbg8e.png

Tom

I made it 5 whole days. Getting better.....although I did order a CD on New Year's.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited January 2020
    Tony M wrote: »
    Enjoy the shows tonight. B)
    "Vinyl" the opening act / group sounds pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/zdorlHAT68Q

Not to sure about Viny. I will be bellying up to the bar when they are on stage, but will be front and center when Anthony Gomes hits the Stage though. Will be riding the storm out big Ice Storm turning to Heavy Snow. A little shot of Whiskey once we arrive should help will be Ubering this one.
    https://youtu.be/pcH1ljEavF0
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mantis
    verb wrote: »

I'll have to take a selfie and post it or a video of me rocking, but rocking on an Acoustic isn't my thing. I'm a metal guy and play Metal. The Acoustic is only the 2nd one I've ever owned in my life. First one my wife won from a contest I played it like 2 times and this one which I played like 3 times. It's really nice but I'm just not an acoustic player. I'll post something for yeah anyway my friend.

Dan
  • verb
    verb wrote: »

I'll have to take a selfie and post it or a video of me rocking, but rocking on an Acoustic isn't my thing. I'm a metal guy and play Metal. The Acoustic is only the 2nd one I've ever owned in my life. First one my wife won from a contest I played it like 2 times and this one which I played like 3 times. It's really nice but I'm just not an acoustic player. I'll post something for yeah anyway my friend.

Awesome! :smile:
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Here's a classic example of an acoustic guitar played by a "Heavy Metal" guitarist:

https://youtu.be/216_wkEgPg4
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    edited January 2020
    LOL. Randy is one of the very best guitarist who ever played the instrument. Wish he would have lived longer to hear what else he would have done. Man is he missed.
    For me I find an Acoustic guitar to be uncomfortable to play. It's big awkward and you can't comfortably reach the high notes. For me the action is high and harder to play. I can play it but my skills are greatly reduced. Many years ago I was at a clients home installing a new Home theater and she just got a brand new Martin Moghanny body Acoustic. It was her first guitar and she just started taking lessons months prior to our visit. She showed me the guitar and asked me to play something on it so she could hear how it sounds.
    I sat down and played a few things and amazingly enough got a little lost in what I was playing and didn't pay much attention to much else. This is a moment in time when you come out and express yourself as you're feeling flow through your playing and you become the moment. A musician finds themselves in this moment when everything is in order. Sound comfort and connection to the instrument. I was amazed in this guitar as I never ever felt that way about any acoustic I have even tried to played.
    She loved what I played , loved her guitar even more as now she had a goal to get better and learn that level of musical ability to express herself as I did.
    What happened after that experince is I started to play Martin guitars but I never found one that I connected to like I did to hers. I actually wanted to buy it from her and buy her another one. To this day that is the only acoustic guitar I even connected with and is why I never purchased one for myself. I must have played hundreds of acoustic guitars as I always wanted to own one to write in a different way.
    I'm amazingly picky about my guitars and I could never ever buy one without playing it first. What's so nice about my Son getting me one for Christmas is that it's special to me because it came from him. I could never ever connect to it but will play it here and there because he got it for me. I enjoy it for those reasons. It puts a smile on my face when I go down to the basement and play it.
    Dan
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    so... I mean... acoustic gee-tars and rock-n-roll gee-tarists are OK by me.

https://youtu.be/2t9slqL_eSw

https://youtu.be/j0kJdrfzjAg