Infinity RSII....??? Any one had ears on them?

Options

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    :o:p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Remember when the villagers stormed Dr. Frankenstein's castle with torches and pitch forks? Intervention isn't what it used to be...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Looks like the body is missing, at least for the top speakers.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,550
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

What do you mean by body?
  • CH46E
    edited July 2020
    Options
    They look to be in fantastic condition. Nice rich color in the wood. Drivers all look right.

Maybe the foam in the rear of the mids is missing or so it appears by the way the light shines through the cones. That's an easy fix though.

I'm also guessing they dont have the original grills.

How much they asking?
  • BlueFox
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »

I was joking.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    Options

I was joking.

🤭🤭👍
  • CH46E
    Options
    Even at $400 that's a smoking deal.
  • CH46E
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You are 100% right. I've been buying parts here and there. I added up my totals so far on caps, resistors, binding posts, wire, ptfe tubing, solder and I was shocked.

$1,435.00 so far. That's pretty much everything I need to do the crossovers as I'm not planning on changing the inductors.

That does not include the cost of the speakers themselves.

So...I now know what you mean!

I would not call this an investment though. I love the way they sound and only hope they sound a LOT better when done. I'll be removing them from my system soon and pulling all the drivers so I can work on the cabinets a little. I may do some sanding and stain or I may wrap them in some birds eye maple I have.
  • CH46E
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    You are 100% right. I've been buying parts here and there. I added up my totals so far on caps, resistors, binding posts, wire, ptfe tubing, solder and I was shocked.

$1,435.00 so far. That's pretty much everything I need to do the crossovers as I'm not planning on changing the inductors.

I would not call this an investment though. I love the way they sound and only hope they sound a LOT better when done. I'll be removing them from my system soon and pulling all the drivers so I can work on the cabinets a little. I may do some sanding and stain or I may wrap them in some birds eye maple I have.

Ok, on that note I think I'll pass on them.

Dont let that scare you. I could have done it far far cheaper. I just wanted to use premium parts.
  • CH46E
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

Ok, on that note I think I'll pass on them.

Also, if you do get them I can send you all my old caps. Some people have tested thier large can caps in them and found many if not all still within spec. Some are large high quality caps. I dont have anyway to test caps. They sounded pretty darn good with them. I just cantnleave anything alone. I have to modify everything. Sickness? Maybe.
  • audioluvr
    Options

The way I see it. You are clearly not a "flipper". When you are done, you will have a speaker that will perform as well as any new speaker in the five figure range. Not to mention the "COOL" factor of a fully restored and modded vintage item.

R
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    Options
    Quick question guys. I did not want to start a new thread just for it.

Looking for a entry level turntable in the under $400 budget. I just dont know much.

Direct drive or belt drive turntable???

Moving magnet??? Thanks
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Used Technics SL-1200mk2 that hasn't been used to DJ with off your local craigslist.
  • Tony M
    Options
    I also like auto return models. So much nicer to be relaxed and let the TT arm return and then the TT shut off by itself.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I also like auto return models. So much nicer to be relaxed and let the TT arm return and then the TT shut off by itself.

LOL. More than once I woke up with the needle at the end and going kabonk, kabonk, kabonk.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CH46E
    edited July 2020
    Options
    If I can't find a Technics SL-1200mk2, (prices are all over the place)

Should I go for direct drive or belt drive? Or is that that much important?
  • audioluvr
    Options
    The advice I was given when I asked the same thing was "Don't look into that rabbit hole!"
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• CH46E
    Options
    On another note I found a local wood working shop that I'm going to speak with about helping with the crossover boxes. I think I'm going to use these RS 1b shells for a stand alone crossover. Maybe a small short tower that sits next to the RSII, on the inside between the speakers. It would be a part of the RS 1B shells so the grain and geometry would match.

What say ya'll? ybhfg88xzttg.jpg
  • Tony M
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

LOL. More than once I woke up with the needle at the end and going kabonk, kabonk, kabonk.

Me too. :D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options

Looking for a entry level turntable in the under $400 budget. I just dont know much.

Moving magnet??? Thanks

When you are ready for an end game table, let me know...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    Options
    Got some more caps in today. Miflex copper oil cap. Very heavy. And the largest 1uf cap I've ever seen. Appear to be very well built. They matched them down to a thousandth. a189ocv0ga5e.jpg
    92ua4gqx64ze.jpg
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    How pricey are those?
  • CH46E
    Options
    43.00 British pounds sterling each for the 1uf, and 14.00 each for the .12uf.

I buy from HiFi Collective so it's always British pounds. Conversion to $ changes daily.

These were a lot cheaper than the Jupiter caps I was going to get. But some reviews state these are as good as the Jupiter caps.
  • CH46E
    edited July 2020
    Options

Moving magnet??? Thanks

When you are ready for an end game table, let me know...

I'm almost afraid to ask what that would cost buddy!

• audioluvr
    Options
    I'm almost afraid to ask what that would cost buddy!

Be afraid. Be very very afraid!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    43.00 British pounds sterling each for the 1uf, and 14.00 each for the .12uf.

I buy from HiFi Collective so it's always British pounds. Conversion to $ changes daily.

These were a lot cheaper than the Jupiter caps I was going to get. But some reviews state these are as good as the Jupiter caps.

They look like really nice caps
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,187
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Very cool caps. Polish too. I wonder what the purity of the Cu foil is. I see they only go up to 15uF. A 12uF cap for the high pass side of my 7B crossovers would *only* have cost me $359 x 2 lol. 3-3/8" dia. x 5" long wouldn't have fit on the Polk PCB (to say the least).
    Great rating of 13+ on humblehomeadehifi.com site.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform