Circuit City going downhill!

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited May 2004
    Cody an AGGIE? oh my.... this is gonna be fun.......................... :D

Yes... Tahoes are refered to as TX cadillacs :) that can go for really an big SUV down here! Hell...Toyota is building a new truck plant here in san antoinio... save them a ton of money shippin them bad boys!
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    theres nothing wrong with trucks
    but in all honesty, no one else but america really has trucks
    i'll agree that there's nothing wrong with trucks when they're used as intended - i.e if you get an f-350 you damn well better be hauling **** around every day. what really kills me are like single women that buy freakin excursions for no reason - then they say it's for safety. yeah, for them maybe... if she hits me in my little drop-top, she's runnin' my **** over... she walks away, i die. now if we both had small cars, we'd both walk away. i've got no beef with people that use a truck as a truck was meant to be used - that's what they exist for.

and the reason we're the only people that have 'em is that we're the only ones who don't give a rat's **** about anyone else... "I can afford the gas and the truck, so i'm gonna damn well buy it!" pollution? someone else's problem. let them deal with it, i want to look like a big man...

okay, i'm done.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    they say it's for safety. yeah, for them maybe... if she hits me in my little drop-top, she's runnin' my **** over... she walks away, i die. now if we both had small cars, we'd both walk away.
    if you both had small cars, youd both be f*cked if it was a bad wreck
    i haul around **** a lot, but truthfully, i want a truck because if i do get in a wreck, i win
    lol
    that and even if its a small wreck...some barely nudges you, if youre in a car, you replace the whole bumper
    if youre in a truck...then youre ok...no damage...
    im considering getting a WRX next summer, but if i decide against it, im getting a truck, theres no other car i would want
    besides
    theres no replacement for displacement
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2004
    if you both had small cars, youd both be f*cked if it was a bad wreck
    not necessarily, especially with today's safety stuff. head on, at 70, everyone loses - compact car gets smashed to bits, truck probably rolls around a bit then finally slides to a stop. yeah, a little bit better chance to walk away, but there's the same chance for both drivers in a car-car situation.
    there's no replacement for displacement
    except stickers!

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2004
    i'll agree that there's nothing wrong with trucks when they're used as intended - i.e if you get an f-350 you damn well better be hauling **** around every day. what really kills me are like single women that buy freakin excursions for no reason - then they say it's for safety. yeah, for them maybe... if she hits me in my little drop-top, she's runnin' my **** over... she walks away, i die. now if we both had small cars, we'd both walk away. i've got no beef with people that use a truck as a truck was meant to be used - that's what they exist for.

And the reason we're the only people that have 'em is that we're the only ones who don't give a rat's **** about anyone else... "I can afford the gas and the truck, so i'm gonna damn well buy it!" pollution? someone else's problem. let them deal with it, i want to look like a big man...

okay, i'm done.

Oh boy! Struck a nerve with that one!

If you are worried about getting flattened then maybe you should get a truck! Dont want to? Well I dont want to ride around in a Civic!

I mean, you dont really need a lot of things but do you want someone telling you what you can buy based only on what you need?

Imagine this. You go out to buy a car but you first have to get approval from the govenment to make sure youre not buying more car than you need
    You want to buy a Honda Accord but the DMV says that since you are single and have no kids you dont need a car this big so you have to buy the Civic.
    You want to buy a Ford F150 to tow your jet skis around but the DMV says you have to buy the Ford Ranger since youre single and the Ranger is all you really need for towing the skis.

It shouldnt matter who drives what. If you want to drive a little rice burner then go for it. If you want to drive a pick up then go for it. To me, those little imports with the .03 liter engines are just flat out stupid! But if someone else likes em then more power to them! I drive a Ram Quad Cab and I hardly ever tow or haul anything and Im damn proud of it! What business is it of anybodys that I dont mind paying $40 a fill up for the pleasure of driving around in a huge, gorgeous, roomy and comfy, safe and powerful truck?

The reason we are the only people that mainly have them is that America is the greatest country that ever has been or will be on the planet! We are a liberty first, free market capitalist society and that has made us the most powerful and richest nation in the world. We didnt get this way by accident. It was from a lot of blood sweat and tears from our fore fathers (and mothers) and we should not be ashamed to be enjoying the fruits of our labor because somebody, somewhere and at some time may have it bad.

And to us not caring about the rest of the world, I would say that we are the world! The world is a much better place thanks to the US. We are over half the worlds economy! Most countries are enjoying a nice lifestyle because we are here buying their goods! We feed the world. We spend billions in government and charity money every year feeding and educating the worlds poor. We defend the world! How many countries have we bailed out over the years? Because of our great, free society, our technology is wiping out most diseases and cleaning up most of the pollution. Sure there is still some work to but you can rest assured that if there is someone out there helping to make the world a better place its a good chance its the good ol' US of A! Hooyah!!

Phew, ok thats it. Oh, and Neo, dont take any of this personally partner. Im not trying to be an **** to ya. If I come off as such, much apologies. I was just using your quotes for reference to address a couple issues that are pissing me off of late!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2004
    macleod - I almost completely agree with you! i'm all for personal choice, non-intereference by the gov't, patriotism, and jet-skis! BUT... i also advocate personal responsibility and a lack of excess. my reasoning is, if you can do the exact same thing with a more-efficient vehicle, why not? it helps other people and doesn't hurt you. i totally respect your right to enjoy your monstrous truck... but i don't understand why you enjoy it.

btw, my whole beef with trucks is based on only four things. first, people with trucks tend to act like they own the road (generally) - unfortunately, they're right, for reasons previously discussed, namely the fact that if i don't yield i die. second, the lights on a truck are hella bright, and shine right in my eyes. again, safety issue, i can't see worth a thing when there's a truck around - in front or behind, it blinds me no matter what. third, along with the owning the road thing, lots of truck people pull up way too far at intersections and i can't see past them - yet another safety issue. finally, they irritate me because i'm an environmentalist, and that level of waste bothers me.

• exalted512
    edited May 2004
    ewww...a tree hugger??
    im no fan of pouring lead based paint into the local drainage system, but some of these people that try and tell everybody that everyone should buy hybrid cars and all this other BS can kiss my ****
    sure its nice to get 75 miles a gallon, but whats a safety hazard is when youre going 60 because the guy in front of you is going 15 mph under the speed limit and your car doesnt have the balls to pass em up
    my truck isnt exactly the fastest thing in the world, but when the gas is hit you can hear the roar of the stock vortec 5.7L engine and itll push you back into your seat
    im not saying these little euro cars arent fast, but hell, if they get in a wreck theyre screwed!
    ppl not only hit other vehicles...ppl hit barriers, trees, ditches, etc.
    the crash test ratings are crap
    most of them are head on collisions
    how many ppl have head on collisions?
    not many
    i have a brushguard on my truck not so much for brush, but the dumbasses out on the road
    i like the fact that if a car wrecks into me from the front, my guard gets scratched, their car gets totaled
    and its not so much about safety either
    its MUCH easier to total out a car than it is a truck
    minor fender benders can be upwards of 1000 bucks while a truck you might be out a bumper
    and im not downing cars, im thinking about getting a WRX...which could be considered 'ricer,' but theres something to say about a car that comes supercharged and intercooled with AWD from the factory
    the only thing i consider overkill is some of these rich mom's driving around dually trucks
    thats my only complaint
    that and H2's because theyre worthless
    -Cody
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2004
    I cannot begin to express the love I feel for a WRX.. and if I tried I'd get some really weird looks.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2004
    ewww...a tree hugger??
    im no fan of pouring lead based paint into the local drainage system, but some of these people that try and tell everybody that everyone should buy hybrid cars and all this other BS can kiss my ****
    no, not a tree hugger, i just try to be conscientious.

i agree with you, too - i like my car's guts... i like the fact that i can burn almost everyone on the road, but i also like the fact that i can get 30+ mpg when i drive sanely.

again, i don't mind if you have a truck if you have a reason... it's the people with a lexus suv that bother me. i mean, what sane person is gonna load up a lexus with some 4x8's or go off-roading?

you keep bringing up the cost of repair - i suppose that this issue simply doesn't occur to me. i worry about living through it first, then about the car. i guess the little stuff doesn't bother me, cause i've never had to pay for something major. and believe me, this thing costs you out the **** to repair. for example, someone dented a panel in a parking lot - and i had to replace the whole freaking quarter. bull$hit, but whatever. so i guess i'm thinking about much more severe wrecks.

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2004
    Uhhh...last I remember, a Texas Cadillac was a Chevy El Camino, not any of these retarded 4x4 station wagons.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    i hate el caminos
    the 454s break all the time
    or at least in my experience...and it IS limited...but ive dealt with about 5 that have had nothing but problems with em
    ill take a Z71 tahoe over it anyday
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited May 2004
    WOW! After reading some of the posts in this thread, the hypocracy and arrogance are short of appalling!

First problem, who the hell cares what Cody paid for his phone? It's not your money, it's his and he has every right to spend it in any way he sees fit...even if you think it's stupid. That's beauty of living in America, land of the FREE.

Second, just because YOU don't believe a statistic, doesn't mean it isn't true. If Texas has 10% of all the trucks in American, let alone the world, I'd believe. If you haven't been to Texas, you wouldn't understand. Besides, if you think about it, what do they do ALOT of in Texas? Raise cattle and drill for oil. That requires the use of heavy equipment. Also, keep in mind that MacLeod said "trucks" not "pickup trucks". Trucks includes everything from an 18-wheeler down to a little VW Rabbit pickup. When you think in actually terms, it's not so unbelieveable at all. Think before you speak.

Lastly, who made anyone here the final say on who can buy what vehicle for what reason and use? No one should have to listen to any ****-sure teenager telling them that they bought a large vehicle and do not intend to use it for the intended purpose. Who defines that intended purpose? Should that vehicle be used for that intended purpose only? So you are saying that I should own a truck for "hauling"? Hauling what? Is there a minimum load range? Is there a minimum duty cycle? I guess I will need a Civic to run around in as a commuter car? I mean, it's an economy car and I should be using it as such, right? Guess what, so is a Subaru Impreza. That means the WRX should be banished by your rules because you would be using the Impreza WRX for it's unintended compact, economy car intentions. How about you stop worrying about what everyone else is driving and if it is that important to you then shut your mouth and stop badgering other people about it, take the higher road and lead by example. Somebody has to make up for the rest of us truck-drivin', American rednecks. Might as well be you!

Cody, about your cellphone, if you haven't done so already, call the cellphone company and cancel the plan you have so nobody runs up your bill. I realize it's gonna suck but in most cases, they won't give you a hassle or any plan reactivation fees if the phone was lost. You may only have to pay for a new phone.

• Jstas
    edited May 2004
    i hate el caminos
    the 454s break all the time
    or at least in my experience...and it IS limited...but ive dealt with about 5 that have had nothing but problems with em
    ill take a Z71 tahoe over it anyday
    -Cody

Well, sorry but I've never heard of the 454's "breaking all the time". Infact, the Chevy 454 is probably one of the most solidly built engines out there. Also, I don't think anything besides an El Camino SS came with the 454. The rest were 305/327/350/427 IIRC.

• exalted512
    edited May 2004
    ive dealt with 3 in el caminos, and theyve been a lot of trouble...granted they were old, but something with the actual engine would always go wrong
    also dealt with 2 in newer chevy trucks (90s models)
    they were crap too...they were duallys that my dad had in his work crew for hauling stuff
    they had to replace both engines after only 60k miles each
    (one was like 59k, the other was at around 63k)
    i guess ive just dealt with some 'bad apples'
    and as far as the phone, it was disconnected the day i lost it, and reactivated yesterday because i found it!
    woohoo
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    btw, the el caminos i dealt with were 454s, not 350s
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    First problem, who the hell cares what Cody paid for his phone? It's not your money, it's his and he has every right to spend it in any way he sees fit...even if you think it's stupid. That's beauty of living in America, land of the FREE.
    You know what else? Another benefit of living in the "land of the FREE" is the FREEdom of speech. If I think he spent too much for his phone, I have every dang right to say so. This board is designed for people to express their opinions. If Cody didn't want ours, he wouldn't post here, now would he? On the other hand, I don't care how dang much he spends on his phone. It's his money, he can do what the heck he wants with it. My comment wasn't directed at Cody, per se, but at expensive phones in general. I was just commenting on how people buy $400 phones, but only use them for talking. Sure it's fun to play with the fancy gadgets for like 3 days, but for $400? I think that's a waste. My right to say so. If you disagree, that's fine. No biggie :shrug: As for the abounding "arrogance", careful...your comments could also be construed as such.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    As for the abounding "arrogance", careful...your comments could also be construed as such.
    i find it difficult to construe his comments as anything but arrogant - he's arguing for the right to do what you want with your money, to say what you want, and to give arguments as to why you believe what you do... yet he's telling us to stop?? if that isn't arrogant, what is??

note that i never told anyone to go burn their truck and buy a hybrid - all i've been saying is that i have several reasons to dislike this class of vehicle; i then listed the reasons and described why they are valid arguments. my discussion was intended to encourage those reading it to take a second look at their vehicle, not to tell them that they can't drive whatever they want. if you want to drive a hummer back and forth to the grocery store, that's cool; i don't particularly like the idea, but i respect your right to do so. all i ask is that you respect my right to say all of this.

• Jstas
    edited May 2004
    This isn't arrogance, more like ****. I'm good at it and I like watching people squirm when confronted with thier own ignorance.

The simple fact is that both of you got your panties in a bunch over what Cody and MacLeod wrote and then came down on thier situations because of it. You may think no one needs a big truck or a 400 dollar cellphone and that is your opinion and that's fine. You're allowed to express your opinion but coming down on other people because what YOU think is different from what they do, well that's forcing your assinine opinion on the rest of us.

So go ahead and tell someone that you do not agree with what they are doing but don't sit there and tell them that they are selfish and ignorant and such because they own a truck for any other reason than "hauling **** around".

Now before you cry foul and tell me that I'm making things up, first you post this tripe:

And then after MacLeod calls you on it, you try to redeem yourself but revert right back to the same thinking as before with this post:
    macleod - I almost completely agree with you! i'm all for personal choice, non-intereference by the gov't, patriotism, and jet-skis! BUT... i also advocate personal responsibility and a lack of excess. my reasoning is, if you can do the exact same thing with a more-efficient vehicle, why not? it helps other people and doesn't hurt you. i totally respect your right to enjoy your monstrous truck... but i don't understand why you enjoy it.

That's fine that you are an evironmentalist. It isn't anything special and if you are going to cling to your idylistic views and force them upon everybody then just think, if everyone shared the same views as you, do you think we would even have the Internet to post messages on Club Polk and piss each other off?

As for the cellphone deal, you post this crap:
    What the heck are you doing with a $380 CELL PHONE anyway? I mean, my free phone sounds just as good as yours, but mine was free (dang 2 year contract though). Except for those PDA/Cell combos, I could never spend that much money on a dang phone. The cameras on them suck in image quality, and no one uses the other features anyway. My $.02

and then have the nerve to tell me this bull?
    You know what else? Another benefit of living in the "land of the FREE" is the FREEdom of speech. If I think he spent too much for his phone, I have every dang right to say so. This board is designed for people to express their opinions. If Cody didn't want ours, he wouldn't post here, now would he? On the other hand, I don't care how dang much he spends on his phone. It's his money, he can do what the heck he wants with it. My comment wasn't directed at Cody, per se, but at expensive phones in general. I was just commenting on how people buy $400 phones, but only use them for talking. Sure it's fun to play with the fancy gadgets for like 3 days, but for $400? I think that's a waste. My right to say so. If you disagree, that's fine. No biggie :shrug: As for the abounding "arrogance", careful...your comments could also be construed as such.

Dude, you didn't express your opinion about cellphones costing 380 dollars in general. You asked Cody directly "What the heck are you doing with a $380 CELL PHONE anyway?" and then started a pissing contest with this little gem: "I mean, my free phone sounds just as good as yours, but mine was free..." and then the Trump card comes along and you now speak for all of us, I guess, huh? "...and no one uses the other features anyway." Well, keep your two cents 'cause I have a 300 dollar phone that I use all features on a regular basis. It's how I stay in touch with work and respond to issues with the computer systems quickly. I'm not the only one who has one either.

The issue here is life experience gentlemen, get some before you start running off at the mouth towards and about others. You don't speak for anyone but yourselves. Your own little worlds are nothing like the rest of the world and if you continue to act like teenagers, you will be treated as such. So go ahead and cry and tell everyone that the mean internet man is being mean to you. I don't really care.

• MacLeod
    edited May 2004
    If you can afford a $500,000 Ferrari and go out and buy one I say, good on ya mate! I just wish I could buy one for myself.

Jstas drives a Lightening. Probably the baddest truck ever built (well maybe not now with the birth of the Viper Ram ! :p) It wont tow that much and the payload isnt as much but WHO CARES!! It looks bad as hell and flat hauls ****!! Should we look down our noses at him because hes drving a gas guzzling, expensive truck and not driving a Yugo? Should we remind him of all the starving kids in India that he couldve fed with that extra money? Do we tell him of all the poor teeny boppers with their pants around their knees getting squished when Jstas runs over their little 600 pound car and are foced to cut their way out with one of their nose rings? The ONLY thing we should do is congratulate him and be happy for him because he has succeded in life to a point where he can afford it! We should do this because I guaran-damn-tee ya that each and every one of us hopes to succeed in life as well and when we do, do we really want some hippy giving us attitude because were not thinking about all the starving kids in China...or Africa or wherever the hell they are! Class envy is heating up these days I fear and its dangerous.

One final thought. The planet has been here for 4 billion years. Weve been around about 100,000 and industrialized for 100+ or so. Now in the first 3.9 billion years the planet underwent world wide floods, world wide fires, the magnetic reversal of the poles, ice ages, asteroids plowing into it and tons and tons and tons of volcanoes erupting daily spewing megatons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere! Now do we really think that Suburbans are destroying the planet when all of the above did not?!?!?

Global warming? Bull feathers. You know whats causing global warming? Well look to the east aroun 6 am and youll see. The sun is millions of times the mass of the Earth and its all burning gas with a nuclear fusion core and has a lifespan of 10 billion years. Now do you think that something like this will burn at the same temperature the entire time? Hell one solar flare temporarily changes the temperature down here, just imagine if the sun kicked up its nuclear fusion a notch and burned a few thousand degrees hotter for a few hundred years which would equate to about a burp from one of us. Ya think that might alter the Earths temp? Oh and one other thing...back in the 70s the Earths temp was going DOWN! Everybody was crying about global COOLING!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    living in south texas...im all for global cooling...
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2004
    LOLOLOL!!!

Oh hell yeah! I remember those days.

It doesnt get that much hotter than here in the south but the kicker is that it gets that hot in April and stays that hot til October! Thats what killed me. Not so much the actual temp but the fact that it was 100 degrees ever day for 6 STRAIGHT MONTHS!! Sheesh!

• exalted512
    edited May 2004
    egh...its the humidity that gets me
    ill be sitting outside in the shade at 2pm and be sweating...its horrible
    but the winters are nice...lol
    with all the hot weather during the summer...id still rather be hot than cold...im not sure if id want to live much more north...
    -Cody
  • Rogue Torino
    Rogue Torino Posts: 50
    edited May 2004
    well it started off complaining about CC and ended with Global warming. Back to the Topic at hand.

Anyway yeah it seems like the corprate office of my "wonderful" company has gone to ****. We don't carry higher end stuff anymore. We carry some brands that just plain suck(see: Verge, ESA, Questar, and ...Sony) . Audiobahn is crap imo too. We got rid of DEI alrams and remote starters for CODE ALARM which was quite possibly one of the most retarded ideas ever(I hate these "great" programming routines. next thier gunna tell me to touch my nose and stand on one foot to program ignition controled door locks.) Oh and look at the lovely assortment of pretty little lights, NOS octane boost, and window tinting we have. Fricken great! like they couldn't have gone to autozone to get that ****. My employee discount is garbage now, I can get better prices off of EBAY on new stuff.... Yeah so i guess CC is going down.

We need people who know wtf they are doing in corporate....

Anyone want to come lynch the corporate office with me??? :eek:
    -Joe
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2004
    ... nice to see that nothing has changed :)

1- there is nothign wrong w/ hugging trees. however humping them is bad. not for the environment, just for whomever is doing the humping. splinter dick. far as the environment goes... i'd like to clean it up someway, somehow... but i think compromise does that, not drastic changes. i bought a six cylinder w/ a stick that gets virtually double the gas mileage as my former 8 w/ auto. i was still able to keep the truck thing though... both were/are full size pickups.

2- we're all hypocrites at some point

3- texas cadillacs are --- um --- cadillacs... i've never seen so much cadillac memorabilia, places of interest, stores, etc etc etc... than as in texas. tha'ts not a bad thing... i like cadillacs (old ones).

4- i found an engine for the 88 power wagon... now all i need is a pile of money...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2004
    Im not a hypocrit!! Im just big boned! :D

• neomagus00
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by Jstas
    This isn't arrogance, more like ****. I'm good at it and I like watching people squirm when confronted with thier own ignorance.
    If you're looking for someone to squirm, you're looking in the wrong place.
    The simple fact is that both of you got your panties in a bunch over what Cody and MacLeod wrote and then came down on thier situations because of it. You may think no one needs a big truck or a 400 dollar cellphone and that is your opinion and that's fine. You're allowed to express your opinion but coming down on other people because what YOU think is different from what they do, well that's forcing your assinine opinion on the rest of us.
    I'm apparently missing the part where I'm forcing my opinion on others. Expressing it, yes, but not forcing it.
    So go ahead and tell someone that you do not agree with what they are doing but don't sit there and tell them that they are selfish and ignorant and such because they own a truck for any other reason than "hauling **** around".
    I've also apparently missed the part where I've told someone that they're selfish or ignorant.
    Now before you cry foul and tell me that I'm making things up, first you post this tripe:
    And then after MacLeod calls you on it, you try to redeem yourself but revert right back to the same thinking as before with this post:
    In the first post, I'll admit that I was on a bit of a rant. I never reneged on my comments, excepting the "hauling **** around" bit. While I still sincerely believe that, I realize that it is not always practical for people to drive a car. Once again, I also realize that it is their personal choice to own a truck - that is what this country's all about. Well, what it used to be all about.
    That's fine that you are an evironmentalist. It isn't anything special and if you are going to cling to your idylistic views and force them upon everybody then just think, if everyone shared the same views as you, do you think we would even have the Internet to post messages on Club Polk and piss each other off?
    I never claimed I was special; I never forced my views upon anyone; I didn't expect everyone to share my views; I didn't intend to piss anyone off (too much :)). While I assert that my views are, contrary to what you say, not idealistic, that's not the point. At least check the words on the page before you argue.
    The issue here is life experience gentlemen, get some before you start running off at the mouth towards and about others. You don't speak for anyone but yourselves. Your own little worlds are nothing like the rest of the world and if you continue to act like teenagers, you will be treated as such. So go ahead and cry and tell everyone that the mean internet man is being mean to you. I don't really care.
    If you want to treat me like a teenager, feel free - I am one. But do not treat me like a child. I can read what I posted, and I can recognize that the world is bigger than myself. While I may not have the "life experience" that you do, I am not an idiot. Do not treat me as such.

• AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    If you want to treat me like a teenager, feel free - I am one. But do not treat me like a child. I can read what I posted, and I can recognize that the world is bigger than myself. While I may not have the "life experience" that you do, I am not an idiot. Do not treat me as such.
    Thank you.

John, do you take everything everyone says Literally? "...and no one uses the other features anyway." To explain, "no one" in this case, meant the majority of cell phone users. You use yours for business. Great. Most people don't. Obviously, if literally "no one" used the features, they wouldn't exist.
    So go ahead and cry and tell everyone that the mean internet man is being mean to you
    Uh, are you just trying to get in a fight or what? Who's being childish here? :rolleyes:
    Did you notice that Cody didn't seem to think we were in a pissing match? He just explained that he only paid $100 for his phone and moved on. No offense was intended and none seemed to be taken. Nobody seems to care but you. Move on.

Cody - did you get your computer yet??? I can't wait to hear how you like it.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP

Cody - did you get your computer yet??? I can't wait to hear how you like it.
    nope, in fact, i went on the website and it says the materials for it have yet to be gathered much yet built...
    but its supposed to be shipped tomorrow...
    Dell is going to get a phone call from me today and its not going to be nice
    i feel sorry for the person who has to deal with my call...i will try and remember that it is not directly their fault, but im still pissed
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2004
    i feel sorry for the person who has to deal with my call...i will try and remember that it is not directly their fault, but im still pissed
    -Cody
    :D

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • exalted512
    edited May 2004
    i called today...and it was an automated thing, and it said it was being built...if i check the website tomorrow and it has not been shipped...im talking to a person
    dell survives for another day...lol
    -Cody