Polk S60 Treble doesn't work

Options
I recently realize that my left polk s60 treble doesn't work. I change the speaker wire with the right speaker. But it still doesn't work.

I use receiver SR6013 to drive my Polk s60. What should I do now? Contact Polk Warranty?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Tweeter or crossover issue, remove the tweeter and plug it in to your Amp at low volume, if it works, your crossover is bad, if it dosnt, your tweeter is bad.

You can also just swap the tweeters between the speakers and see if the issue stays with the bad speaker
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • travistrle
    Options
    Is it easy to swap the tweeter?
  • VR3
    Options
    Yes
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • travistrle
    Options
    is there a pdf or youtube show how to do that. I honestly don't know how to do that
  • VR3
    Options
    Remove all the silver bolts on the front baffle, tweeter is probably clipped into it
  • travistrle
    Options
  • travistrle
    Options
    Today I receive the tweeter from polk customer service, replace it is very simple and that fixes the issue. Really love how quick the polk audio customer service work on my case. It only takes 10 days when I contact the polk customer service.
  • VR3
    Options
    Great!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Good to hear the great results and also that Polk customer service was quick and responsive to your issue. Congrats!
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Now take it easy with that volume knob... LOL
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Now take it easy with that volume knob... LOL

Agreed, or get a separate amp to handle the power. You pushed the volume too hard and killed your tweeter, be careful or you will be replacing it again.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • travistrle
    Options
    I think I didn't push it hard. I use MARANTZ SR6013 to drive my polk s60 and I usually listen at 50% of volume.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    travistrle wrote: »
    I think I didn't push it hard. I use MARANTZ SR6013 to drive my polk s60 and I usually listen at 50% of volume.

50% (halfway) on the volume knob is usually the upper limit. I would guess that would be even more risky if you are using more than 2 of its 9.2 channels.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Yup, you are overdriving your Marantz with the volume that high. Receivers simply don't have the ability to meet the demand due to their inadequate power supply. The more volume you use the less power it has especially if you are using more than two speakers.

Start investigating amplifiers. I always recommend getting at least a 200wpc amp. This is usually more than enough to allow your speakers to operate to their full potential, and the best part is the clarity, and details that you will pick up from music that you thought you knew so well is just great.

Amps to look at are....Parasound, Rotel, Outlaw, Emotiva, Sunfire, Marantz also makes amps check Accessories4less for those.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Options
    Look for a used Parasound 2250. Audio Advisor has a new 2250 v.2 on sale for $999.00. That's $400.00 off.