SDA SRS Upgrade

13»

Comments

• xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I will burn them on CD. Thank you.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    First thing I'd do is use a "mono" source, then use a voltmeter to verify that both speaker cabinets are getting the same voltage.

You'll waste a lot of time messing with the speakers if the problem is in the preamp, or interconnects, or your source.
  • xsmi
    Schurkey wrote: »
    First thing I'd do is use a "mono" source, then use a voltmeter to verify that both speaker cabinets are getting the same voltage.

You'll waste a lot of time messing with the speakers if the problem is in the preamp, or interconnects, or your source.

That's the plan.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • xsmi
    Well, I moved them to paint my walls and when I put them back in place, they’re not playing. I can’t do anything with them until tomorrow night so, no toons for a couple of days.
  • xsmi
    @F1nut @DarqueKnight or others.
    Found out, I broke the banana plug off of one of the speaker wires so the amp wouldn't let me get sound. I'm all good now, except, I think my left speaks is out of phase. When I play a left channel mono sound, it doesn't quite make it to the left speaker, it's somewhere in the middle. When I do the right channel, it's a hard right pan. My stereo signal still skews right. I have music that is in phase, that skews right and out of phase that skews further right. Could I have the blade blade cables hookup incorrectly? Should I reverse the positive and negative wires on the left channel?
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Have you checked all of the internal wiring?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    If it was me I'd trace internal wiring from binding post to each speaker to start, also check amp to speaker binding posts.
  • xsmi
    Yes. Internal wiring checks out. From Amp to Binding post is correct.
  • xsmi
    I'm remembering that I had the same issue with my SRS2's.
  • VR3
    Have you tried different amps, pre, source?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xsmi
    Not a different pre, but both sources are the same.
  • VR3
    I would swap out the pre or bypass it to just a source of it has a volume control. If this issue was there with multiple speakers then it most likely not the speakers
  • xsmi
    It's the white wire clip on the left speaker. The connection to the board is burned. It's either find new boards or figure out how to go point to point.
  • VR3
    Meh... Attach a photo, I can show you how to fix it. No need to replace the boards or go full point to point
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    How did it get burnt?
  • xsmi
    I’m thinking with trying to make sure that it stayed on the board.
  • xsmi
    I think I got it. :)
  • xsmi
    I forgot to mention how I “fixed” my problem. After checking all of the internal wiring to make sure everything was done correctly, I swapped the red and black speaker cables on the back of the left speaker.