EPI 180 speakers (refoamed & recapped) local Erie, PA

The vinyl cabinets are in pretty good condition. There are several very fine scratches but they can only be seen up close. I photographed the worst of the scratches, but note that I was very close with much light on the subject. From 3 feet away, these cabs are very presentable. With that being said, if I was keeping these and had any woodworking skills, these would be a good candidate for real wood veneer.

The woofers were refoamed by the previous owner. One of the dust caps was pushed in. I pulled it back out the best I could, but there is still a slight dent (see photo). I rewired, recapped (Dayton) and added new binding posts. I removed the tweeter control pot per recommendation of Huw Powell at Human Speakers and my personal preference. I did this to my EPI 200C xovers also.

The grilles are brand new. I used one of the old grille frames as a template, cut new grille frames and installed new fabric. I will include one of the old grille frames. The other one was trashed beyond repair and has been tossed. The grilles were originally secured with velcro pieces on the back of the grilles. The grilles fit snugly without reattaching the velcro pieces, so I did not use them. They will be included though. The grilles can still be removed easily. In one of the photos, the grilles appear to be different colors. They are both pitch black. The grilles can also be used rotated 180 degrees, so the logos are at the bottom.

I'm asking $150 local pickup in Erie, PA. I'm 5 miles north of I-90 (from the exit to Presque Isle State Park), between Buffalo and Cleveland, and about the same distance from Pittsburgh. Auditions at my home are welcome, but I can also meet part way to either of these 3 cities if you prefer. These are also posted on another audio forum for the same price and the local CL for more $.

awhg1gsneydw.jpg
t7n2cb7jbc3w.jpg
n77cggke8d62.jpg
rjm44v4yhlln.jpg
atf48mo5beqm.jpg
kmr7jbo14ne9.jpg
jd67bid4ldxn.jpg
ojtcluon6div.jpg
v0rqclp1xddi.jpg
voejzd01wogy.jpg
Main System:
Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 ~ Monitor Audio FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Nakamichi CR-1A ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 ~ Optonica RB-7705/Audio Technica AT3500S/ATN12S ~ NAD PP3

Home Theater:
LG 47GA6400 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ Polk Audio Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2 ~ RT55i ~ RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) PSW450

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,616
    edited May 29
    Nice -- and not terribly commonly seen -- pair of loudspeakers!
    It is probably a good thing that I am not particularly close to you @classic carl :)
    GLWTS, as they say.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,180
    I concur, nice speaks at a very nice price!
  • classic carlclassic carl Posts: 536
    Bump for a nice pair of speakers.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 ~ Monitor Audio FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Nakamichi CR-1A ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 ~ Optonica RB-7705/Audio Technica AT3500S/ATN12S ~ NAD PP3

Home Theater:
    LG 47GA6400 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ Polk Audio Monitor 5Jr+ Series 2 ~ RT55i ~ RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) PSW450