Getting Bluesound Node2i tomorrow. anyone else have one of these?

I pulled the trigger on this as I am new to this and don't have an extensive collection of quality digital media, YET. This should do the trick for the next few years. Any thoughts?
Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2
Carver CT Seven Preamp
Bluesound Node 2i
Abacus Aikido Custom Tube Preamp

Comments

• deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,671
    I have the node 2. Love it!
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,987
    edited May 28
    I have the 2i, love it. Connect an external hard drive to it, loaded with flacs. I run mine via digital coaxial to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/PRE.
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,479
    Hear nothing but good things about it so you should be off to a great start. Congrats.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • jbail2011jbail2011 Posts: 49
    This node 2i is fantastic!
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,892
    Enjoy your Node 2i, I recently picked up a Node 2, been busy to mess around with it much but the times I have I've throughly enjoyed it. Great addition to your rig, and not having to pay a arm and a leg for a decent streamer is even better.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jbail2011jbail2011 Posts: 49
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Enjoy your Node 2i, I recently picked up a Node 2, been busy to mess around with it much but the times I have I've throughly enjoyed it. Great addition to your rig, and not having to pay a arm and a leg for a decent streamer is even better.

Tidal and the node 2i are a game changer! The music quality is awesome. I didn't expect it to perform this well.
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,892
    jbail2011 wrote: »
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Tidal and the node 2i are a game changer! The music quality is awesome. I didn't expect it to perform this well.

I agree with you , if you have it hooked up to your router with the stock Ethernet cable try replacing it with a Pangea Ethernet cable and Pangea power cord, this with Tidal is a good match, I new you would enjoy it great performance for the price.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,934
    @joecoulson Pangea ethernet cables!
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • halohalo Posts: 5,087
    Congrats on your new acquisition!

I've had the Node 2i for a little while now and the sound quality is quite good; no complaints there. However, I am a little unnerved about the user interface software, especially the album artwork having to be manually uploaded/input by me.

I would also like a more user-friendly way to shuffle through the tracks on my networked hard drive as I had with roon essentials on my previous streamer, the Elac Discovery.