Troubles with hearing dialogue

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Bgoodfella wrote: »
    I'm still new to the amp world, but what would be a fair price range for the 1095? Its listed around 800 so I'm not sure of its value vs asking price

That is a fair price. Now there are two versions. One had multi-colored binding post. The other more desirable had all clear binding post. Now i do not know why one is more desirable than the other. It is a beast of an amp rated at 200x5 and bench tested much higher before clipping.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Yes, try the factory reset
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Bgoodfella
    Bgoodfella Posts: 107
    Options
    Trying out the factory reset now I'll post back with updates
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Monster 850i interconnects ( not sure what everyone hates about these - maybe my untrained ears are too innocent to know what's bad)
    Parasound HCA2205A amplifier
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Recalibrating the xt32 right now and the center still sounds so much more quiet than the rest of the speakers with the test tones, I'm leaning towards the denon having a defective amp :( hopefully they're good to work with
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Monster 850i interconnects ( not sure what everyone hates about these - maybe my untrained ears are too innocent to know what's bad)
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    For now I'm running a 4.1 system which is working out surprisingly all right!
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm still new to the amp world, but what would be a fair price range for the 1095? Its listed around 800 so I'm not sure of its value vs asking price

That is a fair price. Now there are two versions. One had multi-colored binding post. The other more desirable had all clear binding post. Now i do not know why one is more desirable than the other. It is a beast of an amp rated at 200x5 and bench tested much higher before clipping.

8jukpcwb18li.jpg
    d02n3e6jfma4.jpg

These are the images he sent me, I may have to check it out
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Man that is some tiny speaker wire lol
    Will need a good blow out it looks like.
    Offer 600.0 go from there.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Bgoodfella
    All of you guys are talking about three year-olds. Here's a really nice song about them. The lyrics start:

Use every crayon color that you've got
    A fishing pole sinks faster than a tackle box
    Nothing turns a day around like licking a mixing bowl
    I learned that from a three year old

https://youtu.be/y87UlbsGg7k
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Well a small update, i called crutchfield (I bought the receiver online through them) and they basically said everything you guys were telling me. The only other thing they suggested was to do the noise test (static through each channel) and check with a multimeter to see the output. i dont have one but plan to either get one or borrow one shortly and ill post an update then. i did call denon for factory warranty service but their call volume was too high and it hung up on me. i hope thats not a reflection on how the servicing is going to go... We shall see!.
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    ive been having difficulties getting Denon on the phone, so no updates yet. but on a side note i am getting a parasound HCA2205A this weekend so i am thinking that would verify if its the onboard amp on the Denon, or if its possibly an issue with the unit sending the sound to the amp.
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    The only other thing they suggested was to do the noise test (static through each channel) and check with a multimeter to see the output.

You don't want a multimeter. You need a Sound Level meter.

Just one example. Google them.

cclyww33qiu9.jpeg

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    if you have a smart phone just download an SPL app. About $5 for a decent one. Certainly NOT pro quality, but great for general testing and tweaking...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Oh Haha I thought I had to check how much power the receiver was putting out per channel, not measuring the sound level that I can certainly do
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    After you measure it then you adjust the volume on each channel so that you have the same level from each speaker. You do this at your seating position.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    I'll probably give it a try in a couple days, I've got guests in town right now - but I did try adjusting the center volume all the way up last time and I couldn't hear the static unless I was putting my ear directly against it.
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'll download that spl meter app and give it a go though none the less :-p
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Hey guys, since this is going to be my first amp when it shows up- I'm confused with which rca interconnects to go with.
    Denon avr x4300h---> parasound hca2205a --> rtia7s / csi a6 / fxi a6
    Since I'm not really in any kind of a high end speaker or amp world - am I going to benefit from higher end cables?
    Could you guys point me in a direction for what would be appropriate to work with the gear I've got?
    Tha is so much for the help so far!
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Hey guys, since this is going to be my first amp when it shows up- I'm confused with which rca interconnects to go with.
    Denon avr x4300h---> parasound hca2205a --> rtia7s / csi a6 / fxi a6
    Since I'm not really in any kind of a high end speaker or amp world - am I going to benefit from higher end cables?
    Could you guys point me in a direction for what would be appropriate to work with the gear I've got?
    Tha is so much for the help so far!

Depends on the budget. You'd get more cable per buck if you buy used. Maybe ask the guys what they have in their closet they might be willing to let loose with. You can do that in the "wanted" section.

Audioquest cables would do you well if you can find some used. Signal cable analog 2's, Which if you call them, tell Frank your a member here for a discount. Douglas connections- he's a member here and about the nicest guy you'll ever deal with. Those are some of your best options without spending vacation money.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    My RTi-based HT definitely benefitted from "better than basic" ICs. @tonyb's suggestions above are spot on, I think. No need to break the bank.
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Completely agree with @tonyb and @mdaudioguy that you will benefit from better cables. But seeing as this is your intro to separates, I might just go with these for a few months: https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-Analogue-Double-Shielded-Amplifiers-Receivers/dp/B00DI89I04/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=rca+cable&qid=1558881888&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1&psc=1

Then upgrade to one of the above mentioned and really get to hear the difference for yourself...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I'm partial to Blue Jeans Cable. Well made and won't break the bank.

https://www.amazon.com/LC-1-Stereo-Audio-Cables-foot/dp/B00OJLNEOU/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3AHK86OFR4HUV&keywords=blue+jeans+rca+audio+cables&qid=1558887275&s=gateway&sprefix=blue+rca+cable,aps,201&sr=8-3

They go from the amp to the corresponding preout connectors on your receiver.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Do I need 100 posts to post in the wanted section also?
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Do I need 100 posts to post in the wanted section also?

no
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    And I will look into the other options :) thank you for the recommendations
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Now for the much debated question I always read about, would I be better off throwing each speaker it's own channel on the amp- or splitting the pre out from the fronts and biamp(biwire??) The rti a7s, give the CSI a6 it's own channel, and run the fxi a6 off the receiver?
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    You're not bi-amping anything with a receiver if that is what you're alluding to.
  • Bgoodfella
    Options
    Not with receiver, I was meaning 2 of 5 channels from hca2205a (1 pre out split and plugged into 2 inputs)
    (2) Rti A7's
    (1) CSI A6
    (2) FXi A6's
    Denon AVR - X4300H
    Sony XBR65X900E TV
  • rooftop59
    Options
    I think @Bgoodfella is referring to bi amping with that massive parasound. No reason to, me thinks, given 1. How powerful that amp is and 2. Tweeter and midnwoofer need significantly less power than the woofers, so you would be wasting that extra power: one amp channel per speaker should be plenty.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Kimber Kable is also an excellent choice.
    MIT is excellent as well, but you would need to find it used and you STILL might break the bank.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited May 2019
    Options
    FYI I've got a 4' Monster 5.1 IC set, I can let you have it for $20 plus actual shipping.
    The cables are all coded, and encased in a flexible wire loom to keep it neat.
    I know the "M" word will produce shudders and groans, but it's better than the el-cheapo ICs that come with some electronics... :)
    PM me if you're interested.

I would also keep trying to get Denon to honor their warranty, no reason that one of their newer AVRs should fail so early. I would always wonder what's going to fail next.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/