Options
124»

Answers

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    edited April 2022
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bed liner, eh? Not a bad choice for shop speakers.

There's a set of billet-baffle 5Jrs out there too that I applied same texture. It's tough as nails when fully cured..

Will be my first tune when I get the other one done...

https://youtu.be/O4irXQhgMqg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • xschop
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Got the right side MW and PR drilled for extra bolts and tightened down. This mod is another definite improvement in midbass speed and attack. Drumlines are much tighter even. Spent so much time listening to them today I still haven't coated this one yet.

Doing this extra drilling, I discovered POLK wasn't so accurate on their 4 factory MW thru-holes. So I adjusted as I went on these around perimeter. Mainly, to ensure dome head clearance near ID of MW lip of the stainless 8-32 machine screws.
    I'll be doing many more MW's like this when I precision machine an alloy guide plate and lower housing to keep out metal shavings and debris while drilling....

The 6.50" diameter dimension was calc'd off 4ea 6502's and 2ea 6510's to allow clearance of 8-32 dome heads and have some play to ensure hurricane nut locations are located properly too if using the plate as a guide to drill the particle board also.....

2f8lj82vm0ph.png

• xschop
    Options
    This one layed down a little more uniform on the first coat. May be because the can was half full? The Krylon Kid would know lol. One coat is good on this one...

p8gir6ejc3zb.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    When it comes to rattle cans you have to shake the crap out of them before and in between spraying.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Unlike rattlesnakes.
  • xschop
    edited April 2022
    Options
    There were a few wasps nests that procedure was done to as a kid.

Edit... No spray on hand either. Brother's idea as usual.
  • xschop
    Options
    Both cured nice and uniform. With only a scuff job of 220 grit sandpaper, the compound will not scratch off by fingernail and it bonds with cheap auto primer...

bk3yo4zpy16z.jpg
  • VSAT88
    Options
    That is one of the smartest looking set of speakers I've seen. Bravo brother.
  • xschop
    Options
    Thanks VSAT. Best sounding vintage monitors I've built to date too. Has been a fun learning experience, rattle can knowledge and all.
  • VSAT88
    Options
    Long as you can find black paint, you are good. I did up a set of beat to hell Snell E III with black paint and Bondo. They don't look nearly as bad as they did. They are somewhat presentable now and sound smashing.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Those came out very nice. Good job.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/