Morality question....

Options
2»

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I had a similar situation last year. I ordered 100 Elna Silmic II 10uf/25volt Caps from Digikey. They sent me 1000 pieces. I called their Customer Service Dept, and the fellow checked with his supervisor, got back on, and told me to keep them, no charge. The return shipping and restocking wasn't worth it to them. Always best to do it right. I paid it forward, and all my customers that had 901 Equalizers that used the 10ufs, got free upgrades.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    I ordered a watch once and they sent me a "Starvin Marvin" instead, I still got him.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2019
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    And to think all on this thread practice morality and integrity every minute and day of your lives, I think not.

But that in itself does not make a bad person. Just as long as you try your best, after all you are only human.

Myself included.

Well I do have a dirty little secret. Wanna smell my finger?

You wouldn't happen to have my 10" of missing colon would you?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    That's an easy question. If it was your business and you shipped four items by mistake instead of one the customer ordered what would you want the customer to do?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    And to think all on this thread practice morality and integrity every minute and day of your lives, I think not.

But that in itself does not make a bad person. Just as long as you try your best, after all you are only human.

Myself included.

Well I do have a dirty little secret. Wanna smell my finger?

You wouldn't happen to have my 10" of missing colon would you?

No fair, you peaked!
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    decal wrote: »
    Good things happen to good people.

I'm sorry, but this is empirically false. Many people are decent, law-abiding citizens that don't steal and cheat, and treat other people with respect, and their lives suck. Bankruptcy, cancer, car crashes, robbery, all manner of thing happen to "good" people. Why do you think "why do bad things happen to good people" is a perennial human question?

Bad things happen to bad people. There ya go, have at it!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2019
    Options
    ANYTHING can be cast in a negative light. Negativity is easy because it requires no solutions; just a lot of whining and self-loathing. I suggest you go tour a childrens Cancer center, and look at all the smiles you'll see. Attitude is everything.

In case you haven't noticed, I HATE negativity. I think negativity is LAME, because it isn't challenging in the least---it's just lay down and die. Right up there with arm-chair quarterbacking.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @steveinaz stop being so negative! Player hater.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    ANYTHING can be cast in a negative light. Negativity is easy because it requires no solutions; just a lot of whining and self-loathing. I suggest you go tour a childrens Cancer center, and look at all the smiles you'll see. Attitude is everything.

In case you haven't noticed, I HATE negativity. I think negativity is LAME, because it isn't challenging in the least---it's just lay down and die. Right up there with arm-chair quarterbacking.

I agree that the smiles of suffering children can be inspiring, and attitude can improve health. We have some data on that. But do you really mean to tell me that since a child dying of cancer is smiling that makes it karma? Does smiling make cancer a good? Does the child deserve the cancer?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • afterburnt
    Options
    "Deserves got nothing to do with it" I thought you should know
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I agree that the smiles of suffering children can be inspiring, and attitude can improve health. We have some data on that. But do you really mean to tell me that since a child dying of cancer is smiling that makes it karma? Does smiling make cancer a good? Does the child deserve the cancer?

You way over complicate it----they smile IN SPITE OF this horrible thing that is happening to them, because hope is all they have; and I suspect they haven't yet learned how to be a victim. Thankfully.

I never made a connection to karma. As far as karma is concerned, I think miserable people live miserable lives---poetic justice as far as I'm concerned. I just don't allow those types in my circle. I have no use for a whining as* adult friends.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Then I no longer understand what we are talking about Steve. And I suspect you don’t either. You said you believe in karma, which is essentially getting what you deserve. I said I don’t believe in that. Then you said look at the smiles on the faces of childhood cancer victims. So what does that example have to do with either karma or integrity? As far as I can tell those children exhibit hope and bravery, but not integrity. And I certainly don’t think it has anything to do with karma.

So why that example Steve?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @steveinaz do you not see the irony in your comments? Just getting philosophical about it.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Getting free stuff in the mail from billion dollar businesses, who are likely to incur a larger deficit by accepting the item(s) in return in the first place, IS karma. Think of all the times you've been f$%^ed and then out of the blue you get this meager windfall?Now if it was a mom and pop business barely hanging on? Well, different story. Likewise, I'm somewhere and I find a wallet or an envelope full of money on the ground? I'm going to every extreme to return it, even if it ends up costing me.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Y'all should know that all losses get passed on to the consumer do you not? Death by 1000 cuts, the associate, the consumer and ultimately that amorphous corporation dies unless they turn a profit. In a roundabout way, it's just stealing.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    I once got 2 Red Hot Chili Peppers CDs sent to me only ordered and paid for one. I kept them both and did not feel guilty considering how many times I got CDs with busted up Jewel cases due to Amazons lack of proper packing skills. But under normal circumstances honesty is the best policy. 2 mortality threads what gives?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • rooftop59
    Options
    @gudnoyez, morality and mortality...two separate threads...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • afterburnt
    Options

Grasshopper, are they not one in the same?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options

Unless of course you keep something that belongs to somebody bigger than you which leads to the question of mortality. But yeah my mistake probably need glasses , and a better reading comprehension. Morality, Mortality yep reading comprehension and glasses is what I need.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)