Just good 'ol AMERICAN Bad A**

Source: Bluesound Node 2i | Preamp/DAC: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable Analog 2 XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM

Comments

• smglbrthsmglbrth Posts: 1,141
    Awesome, thanks for posting. American Muscle at it's finest!
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,929
    0-60mph in 2.3 seconds. Insane.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i | Preamp/DAC: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable Analog 2 XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,025
    Hey, matches the Tesla Model S P100D 'Ludicrous Plus'
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,274
    And who knew Joey Tribbiani was still cool.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,295
    I became a Mopar man last year when I picked up my 2017 Durango R/T with the 5.7L Hemi. My wife drives a Jeep and is getting a Charger this spring and I'm planning on a Challenger SRT or a Charger SRT. I even like the hell out of the Jeep SRT and the Durango SRT models.
    What great times we live in to be able to go buy such incredible machines.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 414
    Great video, thanks for posting.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F.
    edited February 13
    I love the smoothness, willingness to REV hard, and active exhaust on my new Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi. My buddy has one of those new $85k monster Camaros, and he loves the way the Charger sounds, and is generally impressed with the acceleration for a car that weighs over 2 tons. Of course it's not anywhere near the same league as his Camaro.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 414
    edited February 13
    A friend of mine had the Charger SRT 5.7 Hemi and I drove it and I was also impressed with the performance of it being as heavy as it was.

He then got a Hellcat Charger, but he wrecked it on a two lane country road when an animal ran out in front of him and he ran off road and rolled it. He wasn't hurt, but the car was totaled. He only had it for a short time and I never got the chance to drive it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Outlaw 5000, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Signature S55, S30, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F.
    edited February 13
    1jcsgrx26004.jpg

9an9wpofpo0b.jpg

• shawn474shawn474 Posts: 2,910
    The hellcat is my dream car; have been wanting one for years. Maybe when I retire (in 30 years) I can afford one. To think you can get that type of performance at that price point in such an attractive car is impressive to me.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony BDP-S1000ES
    edited February 14
    Back in the late 70's I had '73 Charger. Grandma edition with the lack-luster 318cu, bench seat, and non-rally flat gauge set; but it was MINT. Even the vinyl seats were perfect. I always knew that one day I'd be back in a Charger. Also had a 1984 "Charger" that wasn't a stinkin' Charger; it was a Dodge Omni with a stick shift, fake air scoop, and Charger stickers...LOL
  • xschopxschop Posts: 1,064
    I have a 2018 RAM 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi. Gets great mpg as long as I keep my right foot civilized.
    Are the heads in these engines actually hemispherical shaped liked the old school heads?
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,129
    Greatest invention ever as internal combustion engines go. The Hemi. Every top fuel funny car's engine, regardless of manufacturer, is essentially based off the 426 Hemi platform. That's why NASCAR made them illegal. Don't believe me though. Ask Richard Petty...
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    800 Va Dreadnought- Speaker Interconnect
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,643
    my other baby yi1yyccbbza7.jpg
    fb98yy7tle9r.jpg
    5p1rm296hn9o.jpg
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,416
    No wonder we cannot find any black paint on the open market.
  • starkillerstarkiller Posts: 2,632
    Had a '69 'Cuda with the 440 6-pack and Hurst slap shifter in 1975. Fun to drive, fun to show off, not so much fun to fill up the gas tank at 6mpg!, especially at the age of 16 where a part time job did not pay a bunch, even with gas at 75cents a gallow...sigh...wish I had it now, could buy a house selling it :)
    Computer room

B&O TX2 W/SMMC1 Cartridge
    Hegeman 1 Speakers
    M&K VX-80 sub
    Cambridge Audio CXC Transport
    Wyred 4 Sound DAC1
    Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre
    PrimaLuna Prologue Four Amp
    Aric Audio Tube Preamp

H/T

Samsung Plasma
    Outlaw 950 pre/pro
    Tannoy Saturn 8's
    Hsu sub
    Emotiva UPA-500 5-channel amp
    Denon DCD-1520 CD player

Garage

Jennings Research Square
    Custom tube preamp
    Crown XLS-1000
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Modded MSB Link DAC
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,643
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    No wonder we cannot find any black paint on the open market.

sssshhhhh this is actually phantom black...I believe the gloss black is rarer then hens teeth
    edited February 14
    I'm actually surprised that my 5.7L Hemi Charger is getting 18mpg around town, and about 24-26 on the highway---and I leave mine in Sport mode, so all 8 cylinders are working. I found that the 8-speed tranny has far more to do with good mpg, than the dropping to 4 cylinder crap. I'll never run mine in 4cyl mode, not happening.
  • verbverb Posts: 6,018
    Gotta love ole Detroit muscle! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,615
    edited February 14
    American muscle, made in Canada. I believe in Bramledesh aka. Brampton assembly plant.
  • verbverb Posts: 6,018
    FTGV wrote: »
    American muscle, made in Canada. I believe in Bramledesh aka. Brampton assembly plant.

Yep. We're all brothers and sisters! Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer