Just good 'ol AMERICAN Bad A**

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Awesome, thanks for posting. American Muscle at it's finest!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    0-60mph in 2.3 seconds. Insane.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Hey, matches the Tesla Model S P100D 'Ludicrous Plus'
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    And who knew Joey Tribbiani was still cool.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    I became a Mopar man last year when I picked up my 2017 Durango R/T with the 5.7L Hemi. My wife drives a Jeep and is getting a Charger this spring and I'm planning on a Challenger SRT or a Charger SRT. I even like the hell out of the Jeep SRT and the Durango SRT models.
    What great times we live in to be able to go buy such incredible machines.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Great video, thanks for posting.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    I love the smoothness, willingness to REV hard, and active exhaust on my new Charger R/T 5.7 Hemi. My buddy has one of those new $85k monster Camaros, and he loves the way the Charger sounds, and is generally impressed with the acceleration for a car that weighs over 2 tons. Of course it's not anywhere near the same league as his Camaro.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2019
    A friend of mine had the Charger SRT 5.7 Hemi and I drove it and I was also impressed with the performance of it being as heavy as it was.

He then got a Hellcat Charger, but he wrecked it on a two lane country road when an animal ran out in front of him and he ran off road and rolled it. He wasn't hurt, but the car was totaled. He only had it for a short time and I never got the chance to drive it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    1jcsgrx26004.jpg

9an9wpofpo0b.jpg

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    The hellcat is my dream car; have been wanting one for years. Maybe when I retire (in 30 years) I can afford one. To think you can get that type of performance at that price point in such an attractive car is impressive to me.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    Back in the late 70's I had '73 Charger. Grandma edition with the lack-luster 318cu, bench seat, and non-rally flat gauge set; but it was MINT. Even the vinyl seats were perfect. I always knew that one day I'd be back in a Charger. Also had a 1984 "Charger" that wasn't a stinkin' Charger; it was a Dodge Omni with a stick shift, fake air scoop, and Charger stickers...LOL
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    I have a 2018 RAM 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi. Gets great mpg as long as I keep my right foot civilized.
    Are the heads in these engines actually hemispherical shaped liked the old school heads?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Greatest invention ever as internal combustion engines go. The Hemi. Every top fuel funny car's engine, regardless of manufacturer, is essentially based off the 426 Hemi platform. That's why NASCAR made them illegal. Don't believe me though. Ask Richard Petty...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    No wonder we cannot find any black paint on the open market.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Had a '69 'Cuda with the 440 6-pack and Hurst slap shifter in 1975. Fun to drive, fun to show off, not so much fun to fill up the gas tank at 6mpg!, especially at the age of 16 where a part time job did not pay a bunch, even with gas at 75cents a gallow...sigh...wish I had it now, could buy a house selling it :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    No wonder we cannot find any black paint on the open market.

sssshhhhh this is actually phantom black...I believe the gloss black is rarer then hens teeth
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    I'm actually surprised that my 5.7L Hemi Charger is getting 18mpg around town, and about 24-26 on the highway---and I leave mine in Sport mode, so all 8 cylinders are working. I found that the 8-speed tranny has far more to do with good mpg, than the dropping to 4 cylinder crap. I'll never run mine in 4cyl mode, not happening.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Gotta love ole Detroit muscle! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited February 2019
    American muscle, made in Canada. I believe in Bramledesh aka. Brampton assembly plant.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FTGV wrote: »
    American muscle, made in Canada. I believe in Bramledesh aka. Brampton assembly plant.

Yep. We're all brothers and sisters! Love it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.