The thread about nothing...

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    0 divided by 0 equals ?

The end of existence as we know! Also know as the Chuck Norris Theory...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    polrbehr wrote: »

Try reading all the Customer Service threads from the past 2+ years, he's not saying anything that isn't true, especially compared to how things used to be. It is what it is, if you were here longer than 5 months you might know that.

Think I'll head out and see what Ed is doing.

Well, I have not been much around here on the last 6 years, so I am not up to date on what's been going on.

In any case, I think I haven't really missed much.

It's really sad actually. This was about the best online community up to 8ish years ago.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    dfpalqtkf1f5.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    SIHAB wrote: »
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Well, the second thread concerning Jesse is now gone. Other than that I've got NOTHING...

He's busy staying classy on another site:
    "Due to the on going poor state of Polk's customer service and the way they have been treating customers I advise anyone considering their products to think twice." -F1nut

Nothing is what nothing does.

Sihab is rednedtugent, who deleted his account and has now to come back for only one purpose, to troll.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Where can I buy clear paint. It is my favorite color.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    You are so transparent... I can see right through you.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Class! Class! listen up

"Nothingness" is a philosophical term that denotes the general state of nonexistence, sometimes reified as a domain or dimension into which things pass when they cease to exist or out of which they may come to exist,
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2019
    SIHAB wrote: »
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Well, the second thread concerning Jesse is now gone. Other than that I've got NOTHING...

He's busy staying classy on another site:
    "Due to the on going poor state of Polk's customer service and the way they have been treating customers I advise anyone considering their products to think twice." -F1nut

Nothing is what nothing does.
    How have you been Rednedtugent?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,167
    edited January 2019
    How have you been Rednedtugent?

You know, I've been wondering that for quite a while.
    Hmmm. Oh, I guess it's nothing.

Sal Palooza
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Can we stay on topic please. This thread is all about nothing, so lets not derail it please.

Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited January 2019
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    What about "unknown" is this a thread about that as well. If so then all I have to add is a big ol' fat NULL
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    Unknown equals nothing to me, unless you can prove it through a double-blind test, then it becomes something instead of nothing. We may need Darqueknight to verify any such testing however.

Once “nothing” turns into “something”, then it is off topic and will not be tolerated, and “time-outs” will be issued.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    well said!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I have two thoughts on the matter at hand.

thought 1.

2labmqvujwtq.png

thought 2.

https://youtu.be/8HqyEHqEYho
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2019
    You can also offset an “unknown” with an equal and opposite “known”... an example of this would be the Predator movie franchise. The first film was awesome, and a known of the positive type. So if you take that film, and combine that with the last film in the series, which is exactly opposite in terms of awesomeness, you would have enough negative to make things equal.

In this case you likely have more negative, but negative in this case is actually a positive in that it is still a big fat nothing...

I hope this clears things up.

Edit*** two big fat nothings can also equal something, so please let’s leave Rosie O’Donnell out of this conversation.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    I'm getting hungry reading this thread. A tasty nothing burger will do nicely.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    This thread needs to be kept on topic and should be relevant to audio.

This is my new 2-channel rig.

5r7ddfqc1js1.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Viking64 wrote: »

5r7ddfqc1js1.jpg

very clean looking
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    Viking64 wrote: »

5r7ddfqc1js1.jpg

Nice cable management....
  • nooshinjohn
    Sorry, but that rack is something, but then again, there is nothing on it. We can call this a perfect example of one canceling out the other. It is also an unknown in that we don’t have a clue what will go on it...

Well done sir!

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    Nothing to see here, people. Move along.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    I am missing 12" of my colon and F1 is also missing, coincidence?

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2019
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Nothing to see here, people. Move along.
    Kind of like watching a Raiders game...