Axpona 2019 Schaumburg IL

1293031323335»

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,720
    We saw that Doug. Congrats.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,226
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nice one!
    Which cables were being used?
    The cables being used are:
    Alpha 11 Power Cables
    Alpha Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Alpha Single Ended RCA Interconnects
    and Alpha 12 Speaker Cables

These are the same as the cables that are in the karma.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • verbverb Posts: 8,256
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nice one!
    Which cables were being used?
    The cables being used are:
    Alpha 11 Power Cables
    Alpha Balanced XLR Interconnects
    Alpha Single Ended RCA Interconnects
    and Alpha 12 Speaker Cables

These are the same as the cables that are in the karma.

Wow! Time to bump the Karma thread! Now to find it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,298
    edited May 1
    During Axpona 2019 the cables in the Legacy Audio room were Douglas Connection! :) We hope to continue to be the cables Legacy turns to for all their future shows. Photo courtesy Part-Time Audophile.

What a great company to be associated with, and also great coverage of the Legacy room and your cables in that article!

Everyone from Legacy who I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. I started asking about their Studio HD speaker which wasn't playing at the time, and the gentleman running the room immediately offered to give me a demonstration of them. Within 5 minutes, they were rearranging the seats and setting up the second system that had them so I could hear them. Very cool! They had a huge presence and somehow managed to fill that large and acoustically difficult ballroom space with crystal clear sound. I was pretty impressed at how well they were doing in this very less than ideal space, can only imagine their performance in a smaller room.

I actually mentioned your cables to them before I saw the big banner and reusable bags that they were giving out. Their setups all sounded very nice.

6g4pknz3ctxu.jpg
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • helipilotdoughelipilotdoug Posts: 1,226
    Thanks for posting that photo! :D Those bags and pens will be in the JWM Acoustics and Mike Lundy speakers rooms at LSAF.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
    edited May 6
    @joecoulson spotted at Axpona 2019 @ 11:14.

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Ha! That was that TMNT demo. Awesome.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,113
    So did you get the movie?
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

I did! Just for that scene.
    You can actually see me ordering on Ama..n on my phone lol!
    That SVS demo was so much fun. Their room had an infectious positive energy!
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,671
    edited May 6
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @joecoulson spotted at Axpona 2019 @ 11:14.

Cool show report. However, he though HSU Research had large speakers? I wonder if he was mixing them up with JTR Speakers?

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/join-av-nirvana-and-jtr-speakers-for-an-awesome-evening-get-together-at-axpona-2019.4354/

This is not a large speaker.
    image_preview2

Now this is a LARGE speaker!
    13051-020e50f16aab4a9e7da58ed08cdc009d.jpg
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,671
    At 15:28 Yeah, he had to be refering to JTR

3 x Noesis 212Rt
    8 x Captivators 2400
    6 x 8HT
    6 x 8HT
    Enough to push the Nirvana ballroom to loud levels.

23071cb95c1bf2c0909dff0fce19968e.jpg
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Is that pizza sauce on that shirt?!
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,630
    Nice "album" (ahem) of photos from AXPONA 2019 at:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskTTGmDy

You can read the photographer's comments about the show (pretty succinct, and almost completely positive) at: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/74/746669.html
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,630
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,703
    edited May 10
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nice "album" (ahem) of photos from AXPONA 2019 at:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskTTGmDy

You can read the photographer's comments about the show (pretty succinct, and almost completely positive) at: https://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/74/746669.html

here's his pictures.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157679959968098

he did make it to skip's room.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,078
    Thank you, Marv!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
    edited May 11
    marvda1 wrote: »

Here's what he had to say about Skip's room:

"Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speakers. ($7.5k) As can be seen in the photo of the Lumin U1, Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders of the Sky was playing when I snapped these photos. A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."

@Hermitism, Someone other than me used the word "polite" as a way to describe sound. So you see, it's a thing!
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 3,413
    marvda1 wrote: »

Here's what he had to say about Skip's room:

"Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole speakers. ($7.5k) As can be seen in the photo of the Lumin U1, Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders of the Sky was playing when I snapped these photos. A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."

@Hermitism, Someone other than me used the word "polite" as a way to describe sound. So you see, it's a thing!

This place is being overrun by hipsters :)
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII Upgraded by Rich Brkich Pre
    Butler Audio TBD 2250 Amp
    PS Audio DirectStream DAC and MemoryPlayer Transport
    LSA-1 Statement
    SVS SB4000 & SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Backup Gear:
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,605
    edited May 11
    A punchy sound, with nice presence on vocals. Not overly polite sounding."
    So would that not be a rude sound???

y3gg4uj7o8ox.jpg

All in good fun, Drew!
    2.0 - Marantz: PM8005, NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

3.1 - Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c, PSW125 | PS Audio Quintet | VooDoo-Hubbell IG 8300 | Acoustic Panels, Acoustimac Bass Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 653
    edited May 14
    Post edited by JayCee on
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, Perfectwave DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
    edited May 14
    I'm planning on writing two Axpona 2019 articles. My "Top 3 dream rooms" (exorbitantly priced) and my "Top 3 reality rooms" (priced within reason).
    ^^looking forward to it Drew!
    edited July 24
    "JD Event’s goal a couple of years ago was consumer attendance in the five figures. They got real close and who knows whether they might have topped the magical 10,000 mark if the weather was good on Sunday?

Number of people attending Axpona 2019: 9,534

Number of exhibit rooms: 197

Booths in the Marketplace Expo Hall: 54 booths/49 exhibitors

Ear Gear Expo: 58 booths/36 exhibitors

Number of new exhibitors – 50"