Options
124»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    David7544 wrote: »
    do you fight those ugly mutts?

Did you seriously just ask Ivan if he fights Pit bulls? Maybe you should go back to lurking.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Apologies if that statement was taken as a blanket statement. Was not my intent.
    Don't be so quick to apologize... I don't think he was commenting on your post specifically! Seemed more like just tossing his two cents into the stream.

Ah. Ok point taken. Thank You
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    what does AVRs and dogs have to do with disc spinners?
    :|
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • joecoulson
    Options
    This thread man..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    what does AVRs and dogs have to do with disc spinners?
    :|

The day after I punished my dog for whizzing on my AVR in the rack, he ripped the door of my CD player when it ejected :|
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Wow. That dog holds a grudge.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    David7544 has been around since 2014 verb lol he just looks new not much of a poster. lurker

do you fight those ugly mutts?
    Lighten up and try not to be so antagonistic. You'll be accepted much better here that way.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    It's an AVR X 1100 W.

Enough said...
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • SIHAB
    Options
    ...one thing I forgot about using an old CD player as a transport,
    they weren't that shock adsorbent. Just cheap plastic things.
    Still, some of these have fine DACs that have a bit of a cult of
    personality.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    It's an AVR X 1100 W.

Enough said...

I know right, but in addition to thinking all CDP's sound the same, he thinks an AVR sounds the same as a separate pre amp/power amp......FAIL

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tratliff
    edited December 2018
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    It's an AVR X 1100 W.

Enough said...

I know right, but in addition to thinking all CDP's sound the same, he thinks an AVR sounds the same as a separate pre amp/power amp......FAIL

Based on his logic I should sell the McIntosh 601’s and get a 1100 watt AVR. If that was true I sure would have a few bucks left over.

And on that topic. I have a Yamaha RX-Z9. TOTL in the day. But big difference between the AVR and 2 channel. Even with the preamp in theater bypass and the AVR feeding the 601’s.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I’ll take them.
  • tratliff
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I’ll take them.

I’m sure.
  • SIHAB
    Options
    who is talking about AVRs?
    Oh yes, dog issues.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    who is talking about AVRs?
    Oh yes, dog issues.

Lets leave the dogs out of it
    That was an asinine canine remark made towards Pitt by David7544.
    Merry Christmas
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Completely concur Ron. As the father to a sweet and loving pitbull, I had to hold my tongue on that comment. Dog fighting is something that should never be casually mentioned like that. Just terrible
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I own boxers and have for years...that story was in jest about the whizzing and the CD player to break the disgust

• SIHAB
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Dogs out. Check.
    Merry Christmas @txcoastal1.

I'm thinking I'll try some CD player testing to see if
    I can detect any difference w/ sub $7000.00 players
    and players I have laying around. (double blind roping
    the Mrs. into it) Maybe these old ears
    don't need a four figure spinner anymore. Or it may
    be I would need to up rest of my system to reap any
    benefits.

There was one very good post in this thread...
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    Dogs out. Check.
    Merry Christmas @txcoastal1.

I'm thinking I'll try some CD player testing to see if
    I can detect any difference w/ sub $7000.00 players
    and players I have laying around. (double blind roping
    the Mrs. into it) Maybe these old ears
    don't need a four figure spinner anymore. Or it may
    be I would need to up rest of my system to reap any
    benefits.

There was one very good post in this thread...

You're welcome.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra