Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    VR3 wrote: »
    That last email... Lol

What's funny about it?
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Are you really concerned if it now functions as it should? Go enjoy it as you originally planned and don't look back.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I say you Steve Miller it
  • Clipdat
    tratliff wrote: »
    Are you really concerned if it now functions as it should? Go enjoy it as you originally planned and don't look back.

It's gone beyond the tangible/physical and it's now a matter of principle. I'm simply no longer interested in having any of their gear in my system or sitting on my rack.

To quote a friend: "One of the whole points of listening to music is to relax. How can you relax if you're reminded of bad experiences each time you look at the gear? You should feel good and proud with nothing negative welling up. It's one of the things I love about the listening - the gear. The beauty of the design, the ergonomics, the build, the presentation, etc."

At this point it doesn't matter how good it sounds, or how many flawless years of service I get from it. I'm moving on from it.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I personally don’t see how their customer service was bad?

They tried to find the problem and couldn’t replicate at first so reasoned to try to ascertain the source of the problem. Then found the problem and offered to make it right in multiple ways, event to include buying the units back. In my eyes that is above and beyond customer service. And you might have to realize, this could be a situation in which they slavishly have rare instances of failure and legitimately had a tough time finding the issue.

People are much much too quick to burn companies at the stake. I feel like you are quite guilty of that right now
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2019
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I personally don’t see how their customer service was bad?

Go back and re-read my long post and think about the timeline, all the details as well as the source of my frustrations are listed there.

The buy back option only just became available today, and I have accepted that option.

So I'm basically out $1,100 because of this situation, but at least now I can move forward.

I still stand by the fact that they should have completely swapped out my units for a brand new set, and then they absorb that loss, not me. The burden is on them to figure out what to do with the old units such as refurbishing and reselling.
    stangman67 wrote: »
    And you might have to realize, this could be a situation in which they slavishly have rare instances of failure and legitimately had a tough time finding the issue.

It could be 1 in a thousand, or 1 in a million. It's not the statistics or failure rate, it's how companies react to them when they do happen. Blaming the customer repeatedly and implying user fault, while continuing to pontificate about how great their products are, and how unprecedented it is that there's an issue is bad customer service.

Instead of an "Apology for the inconvenience" when it was determined to be a physical defect/damage situation, I get a "Wow, how weird, never seen that before.". That's bad customer service.

Yeah, I get it. Your products are impeccable and perfect and never have any issues. Except when they do.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited February 2019
    I'm with Drew on this one. I wouldn't want it anymore at this point either.

I do agree that in the end they seemed to mostly account for the problem, to an extent, but what a hassle. Words sound nice, but meaningless without action. It's weak customer service.

Frankly, I think the first response should have been from the dealer, and that should have been all it took.

Someone should have taken this setup back and replaced it with new, or provided a refund. If not before, then certainly now under the circumstances. It's a specialty piece. At the cost, I presume purchased new, not as a factory repair piece. It would be a different story were it purchased used, as-is with a known issue.

If the factory is calling it good, great, they should buy it back at purchase cost, go over it fully themselves, since they have the proper means of doing so, and sell it as a factory refurb. They should absorb the hit themselves, since it was apparently due to build/packing negligence.

Would any of you, were you in the market for this specific setup, buy this set of equipment for the going rate? I'm betting not. Drew'd end up karma'ing this thing.

Sorry Drew, but glad you're getting the option to be out from under it. I've had a few bad experiences in my five short years in this hobby, and can understand no longer wanting anything to do with a piece.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Kevin Deal would agree.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I get it move on. Take the loss and be done. Its the risk that is taken by buying boutique electronics.

Might I suggest that you move significantly higher up the ladder of electronics to avoid these situations, or at least have the perception of higher quality equipment with better customer satisfaction/support/service.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    Once the Preamp issues arose and Verty was completely predictable, I backed out of my agreement with them as I no longer wanted to do business with them. This all happened prior to the monoblocks having issues.

At the time the monoblock had issues, I was no longer representing the brand and Drew had the amps for almost a year prior to issues.

This is true. At the time that the monoblock issue presented itself, your association and relationship with Verty had already been dissolved.

And as you mentioned there was the issue with the preamp faceplate which I didn't even get into on this thread.

The timing of everything was a little tricky and escalated quickly, as the amplifier problem only presented itself when paired up with the matching preamp.
  • msg
    Good to see your perspective, Skip. Yeah, I was wondering.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    msg wrote: »
    Kevin Deal would agree.

lol **** that guy.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    msg wrote: »
    Kevin Deal would agree.

ouch :)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    @DSkip this response for me personally says a lot about your character. I know in business that a dealer represents a brand. I represent other manufacturers in my job and when the f up, it’s on me. But sometimes they f up too much and we have to withdraw from doing business with them.
    Your willingness to be in Drew’s (and I’m sure all of your customer’s) side and support him while staying professional shows what a tightrope you have to walk in the business you’re in.
    I respect the s*** out of you and what you do, even if I don’t agree with you sometimes.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Drew....

Do you drink coffee ? If not, start...it will relax you. Cheaper than weed too. Just a tip from your Uncle Tony. :):)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    10-4
    Lots... and lots... of strong coffee.
    Like ketchup, it contains natural mellowing agents.

https://youtu.be/YQfzrBcjoBs
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Are you planning to use split-pin RCAs because I heard those were superior...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson