Nelson Pass Amp Camp Amp 2018 version 1.6 built and ready - Sold

Options

Comments

• stereoman57
    Options
    Ok like I was telling you am very interested let me know if it becomes mine to buy.
    Think it would be a good match. I turn in early but am up by 5 am in morning so I will keep an eye for your answer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    If you need character witnesses there are a few characters here that I’m fairly certain would vouch for me.

Should this come to pass we’ll work it out.

That's a big 10-4.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    That's a big 10-4.

Aerosmith. "Toys in the Attic" album.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    That's a tough one got stung doing it that way once before. Not saying you would but a little gun shy .

You have not one worry in this world buying from Aaron.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    If you need character witnesses there are a few characters here that I’m fairly certain would vouch for me.

Should this come to pass we’ll work it out.

Agreed. How could you not trust that face! :smile:
    g4tv4xbt235j.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Ok guys sold if it becomes mine to buy
  • stereoman57
    Options
    I was a member years ago and got away from this site just now coming back. Thanks for your support of Aaron
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Yes was stereoman05 on Yahoo for years when changed to Google had to change numbers . Lol
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Just let me know about amp. I will pay pal you when you let me know.
    Thanks Earl
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Checking out for evening guys
  • mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 478
    Options
    They’re awesome!

amnlf7aijkr4.jpeg
    btbu7myxdbsy.jpeg
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100 | 150” Elite Screen Acoustic Pro UHD
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte | Roku TV
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | Fire TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Post edited by ken brydson on
  • stereoman57
    Options
    yqygbcjk1315.jpg
    This is what the amp would be powering
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @ALL212 is a solid member of the forum here and he's been flawless in every way anytime I've had the pleasure to work with him. You're getting a wicked crazy good deal on a sick amp from an awesome dude. No worries here whatsoever @stereoman57
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • stereoman57
    Options
    All212
    Am willing to do friends PayPal in case that was not clear last evening
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    yqygbcjk1315.jpg
    This is what the amp would be powering

That would (should) be a pretty appropriate match, FYI and FWIW.
    Plan B can always be to get on the DIY mailing list for the next run of kits and build your own :)

FWIW, this is what I've used one with, to pretty good effect.

24051079897_52426f965b_b.jpgDSC_9984 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

you can see @ALL212's earlier, "stereo" build ACA on the bottom shelf of the little table by the center window. :)
  • stereoman57
    Options
    No time or the talent to build one
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Work keeps me occupied about 80 hours a week. I have tubes but there's times when I've got an hour and 15 minutes to listen to lunch time and I'd like something I just flip on and not worry about short cycling the tubes
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    time I cannot help with :(
    I'd offer to build one for you but I am notoriously (preternaturally) slow.
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Nice set up by the way
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    yqygbcjk1315.jpg

ooh, I just noticed the T900A supertweeters in that photo. Nice.

Used to use a pair of T90A here; the little Fostex bullets are nice little (super)tweeters.

24906105465_bb0f82ce17_b.jpg071 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Amazing I've went from wisdom panels that required massive power to horns that really only need 3 to 5 watts
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    Ok...H9 has officially declared uncle for the same reason I'm selling it. I'd have to buy more stuff to use it and also find someplace to put it all.

Just so we're clear...

This is the 3rd one I've built. The first of which were fairly stock mono's and they live in Chicago. The 2nd a very custom one combining the boards into one chassis that lives with Mhardy today. (I still like that build!!)

This is just a power amp. I also built this before the official build guide was put out. Not my fault - it came with directions that worked with a few changes. There are a few things that do not match the current official build guide but work perfectly.

1) The front power switch is unused. I don't like dragging power through the entire chassis anyway so I was perfectly happy doing it this way.
    2) The power switch is supplied via the balanced/unbalanced switch in the back. I like the power on all the time so this was "a good idea" to me. There is NO balanced/unbalanced function. It is all unbalanced RCA. The balanced connection is there - nothing wired to it (on purpose).
    3) Without a major rewire this amp cannot be used with balanced inputs nor as a mono.
    4) The wiring is very nice - Mogami 2534 grounded inputs and Canare wire going to the speaker connections. Power wire is what was supplied for their speaker connections and is pretty heavy stuff. Led's are wired with twisted cat5.
    6) Caps are Nichicon FG (Fine Gold) and the big blue KA (audio). I believe all other components are stock.
    5) I'm not willing to rewire or rebuild it.

It does work perfectly as a stereo amp. If you have any questions just yell. I'll take more pictures and/or answer any questions.

If this still sounds good let's begin the PMing and get 'er to you!

Oh! And a big thank you to all the characters that chimed in as to my character. Much appreciated!!! Your checks are all in the mail. Some are more than others based on the BS supplied. B):D
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • stereoman57
    stereoman57 Posts: 34
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Sounds good sold. Now how do we transfer personal information.
  • stereoman57
    stereoman57 Posts: 34
    edited November 2018
    Options
    New sorry
    Post edited by stereoman57 on
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'd advise to quickly remove your email addy... you have an hour from 11:41

PM Aaron or ask that he PM you. You have more than 10 post now so you can PM.
  • stereoman57
    Options
    Aaron pm me when convenient. Still learning new site
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    Options
    Thanks

You're welcome