Is my Omni s6 a brick after update?

I tried to put on some dinner music this evening, and the Polk Omni app told me I needed to update my S6. This has not gone well. Over the last four hours, I have cleared data, cleared cache, reinstalled apps, manually updated via USB, downloaded the PC app, done web browser setup, restarted every device a dozen times, and done a factory reset on my router.

My Omni S6 has not made a sound since I clicked update. There are no beeps. While I can see the device in Spotify, and the buttons and lights indicate music is playing, there is no sound. I plugged my phone in directly via 3.5mm cable, still no sound.

I have been unable to find anything in the support documentation, and the Omni app still tells me I need to update, then proceed to fail after 15-30 seconds. Is this now a $300 paperweight, or is there something else I can do?

Answers

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,694
    Hello,
    I suggest sending an email to: [email protected], I'm sure he can help.
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
  • Ed509Ed509 Posts: 1
    This happened to my S6 speakers. Got S6 updates then speakers disappeared from Android Spotify devices list. Can still see speakers on Omni app and Omni utility. Kennon suggested hard reset. Tried several times with no luck. Also reinstalled Spotify and deleted and reinstalled speakers. Nothing works. Is there a problem with the update? How to roll back the update?