Oppo udp203

Playing cd’s on the 203 with tv on and tv displays a completely different artist than what I am playing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    no I have not. Are you using store purchased CD's or ripped?
    I have spun many CD's , SACD's and DVD AUDIO disc's with all of them putting up the correct artist name and song title.
    Maybe check the firmware and see if it needs an update.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Mantis, I have not yet done the update, since I had a corruption issue when I updated BDP-83. I do use store bought CD’s, but doesn’t happen with all of them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    Why play 2 channel music with the TV screen on....makes no sense and distracts from the aural experience.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Tend to agree with Jesse.

Also if you really want to listen critically, your eyes should be closed.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why play 2 channel music with the TV screen on....makes no sense and distracts from the aural experience.
    Clipdat wrote: »

Why all the normative statements???

How about a few more:

1. The only real music is classical.
    2. The only real instruments are acoustic.
    3. Real two channel music has no subwoofer.
    4. A real music system should not be connected to a monitor.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I've never seen anyone make genre specific comments like that, or criticize another's choice of music on the forum.

The subwoofer comment is debatable. However, it is called "2 channel audio" after all, not "2.1 channel audio".

And it's a pretty well known fact that your hearing is enhanced when you close your eyes or otherwise drastically block out visual stimuli by turning off your TV, lowering the lights, etc. I don't think anyone can debate that point.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    rooftop59 wrote: »

How about a few more:

Why are you always so negative?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

How about a few more:

Why are you always so negative?

It’s to balance out all your positive energy. Not everyone can be rainbows and puppy dogs all the time.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Geesh no unicorns???
    I'm offended B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Not everyone can be rainbows and puppy dogs all the time.

I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrW3yONR44

zb3vmuyx7in2.jpg