The new Marantz PM and SA KI Ruby

F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,608

Anyone recognize the speakers?
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Comments

• vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,323
    I was waiting for Elvis to start singing
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,940
    That is some aggressive toe in!
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,608
    A better pic of the KI Ruby gear.

vb3je737i6v6.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,564
    It would be interesting to discover the how/why of Mr. Ishiwata selecting the Signature 60's for this setup. Nice !

I was trying to figure out what the rear treatment scheme was and came across a picture that shows what it may be:

yfmwmypposaj.jpg

A nice little write up regarding Mr. Ishiwata's philosophy and thinking regarding some aspects of audio such as tweaks and digital.

http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/ken-ishiwata-man-and-his-listening-room

Again, the Signature 60 selection ...... interesting ! Good work Polk. :)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • halohalo Posts: 4,476
    It would be interesting to discover the how/why of Mr. Ishiwata selecting the Signature 60's for this setup. Nice !

A nice little write up regarding Mr. Ishiwata's philosophy and thinking regarding some aspects of audio such as tweaks and digital.

http://www.the-ear.net/how-to/ken-ishiwata-man-and-his-listening-room

Again, the Signature 60 selection ...... interesting ! Good work Polk. :)

Yes, I agree. Polk did a remarkable job with the Signature S60's. :)
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That is some aggressive toe in!

One of the comments said this:

"The Grand Wizard of Marantz emerges from the shadows to tweak his beloved system. Fitting music to launch his Ruby Master series. Classic overlapping toe in on the speakers. Signature top to bottom."
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,454
    Man those speakers will never disappear into the room.... unless they are in an insane asylum.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,313
    Would somehow kindly elucidate the subject of the Grand Wizard's "classic overlapping toe-in" ? Thanks
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,940
    "Ken sets up the Bostons so that their axes cross in front of the listener, which is a known technique for producing a wide sweet spot, but usually room reflections undermine its effectiveness."
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,564
    One of Ishiwata's tweaking areas involves room treatments. Make the room disappear and the 'rules' can change.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • TopperDudeTopperDude Posts: 54
    I found this post from Techradar about the demo interesting - https://www.techradar.com/news/marantz-ki-ruby-is-a-luxury-cd-player-and-amp-for-the-most-demanding-of-ears

"Paired with a set of prototype Polk floor-standing speakers (the specifications for which remain undisclosed, but we can’t wait to find out more as they sounded phenomenal during our demo session), the KI-Ruby set blew us away. "

It looks like an off-the-shelf Signature S60 but may have been customized/fine-tuned/improved for this demo.
    I too wondered about that aggressive toe-in when I was reading about that launch a few months back and had come across an interview with Ishiwata where he discussed the reason for it. Can't seem to find that article now though.

Anyways if i remmember correctly - He does this when its a big room demo with multiple seats. It sort of widens the sweet spot for the demo.
    TopperDude wrote: »

"Paired with a set of prototype Polk floor-standing speakers (the specifications for which remain undisclosed, but we can’t wait to find out more as they sounded phenomenal during our demo session), the KI-Ruby set blew us away

Maybe the reviewer didn’t know what he was talking about. lol

The white finish on the S60’s is not available for purchase in the US.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,121
    Could be the S60 were put in place for pictures...
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • dolbyddolbyd Posts: 270
    Marantz has some killer products . Those are Wish list stuff for sure.

OK Polk please give us access to the White finish.
    I am really wanting to do white speakers in the basement room for some reason.

Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2, Emotiva X-500,X-150, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50,PS Audio Power Port X2, Perfect Wave AC-5 x4

Office- Infinity Kappa 600, Kappa Center, in ceiling Polk RC80i, SVS PC 2000, Marantz 5010, OPPO 203, Emotiva X300, Sony 48"

Master BR- LSi7, LSiC, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-PC 2000, Marantz SR5012, Adcom 7500, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" 800B

Workout room- RT2000P, CS1000P, Pioneer Elite SC81, OPPO 103, Panasonic Plasma VT 42"

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3

Storage room at this time- LS90, RT16, CS350LS
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,230
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    white paint IS available

Not for long. I'm cornering the market. Retirement, here I come...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • dolbyddolbyd Posts: 270
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    white paint IS available

True.
    I guess I could take pair down to my brothers body shop. Pearl white would do.

My neighbor just bought a pair of Focal 948's in white. Good looking for sure.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2, Emotiva X-500,X-150, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50,PS Audio Power Port X2, Perfect Wave AC-5 x4

Office- Infinity Kappa 600, Kappa Center, in ceiling Polk RC80i, SVS PC 2000, Marantz 5010, OPPO 203, Emotiva X300, Sony 48"

Master BR- LSi7, LSiC, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-PC 2000, Marantz SR5012, Adcom 7500, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" 800B

Workout room- RT2000P, CS1000P, Pioneer Elite SC81, OPPO 103, Panasonic Plasma VT 42"

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3

Storage room at this time- LS90, RT16, CS350LS
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,121
    If you want white speakers I've got you covered. Already pearl white in finish.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,594
    My Road King is done-up in Glacier White Pearl . . . Looks spectacular when the sun hits it. This would be a sweet option for speakers
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,966
    edited August 27
    DSkip wrote: »
    If you want white speakers I've got you covered. Already pearl white in finish.

Yes, but can you get these in all white? :) jgmwp1jvac38.jpg

On second thought that might not be a good look. :s
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,454
    halo wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    Could be the S60 were put in place for pictures...

They're playing the music in the video ;)

Maybe.... it could be a stunt double
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,322
    Or, maybe Polk's new lines are gonna take design cues from the Sig's? Unlikely, but possible...
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    halo wrote: »

Maybe the reviewer didn’t know what he was talking about. lol

The white finish on the S60’s is not available for purchase in the US.

The demo was at the Munich 2018 High End Show. Lucky Europeans get the nice finishes :)

For those that are curious about the whole demo setup or would like more views of the S60 in White finish, you might find this video interesting:

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,777
    I like blue lights.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • verbverb Posts: 3,983
    GlennDog wrote: »
    My Road King is done-up in Glacier White Pearl . . . Looks spectacular when the sun hits it. This would be a sweet option for speakers

As in Harley Road king? Dude nice! I got a Sporty and a Heritage Softail. We should ride together before the weather turns!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer