THE OPPO HAS LANDED

2»

Comments

• honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,497
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I suspect the video menus between the 203 and 205 are the same, since the circuitry is the same. I have never played a music disc in any of my Oppos; 83, 93, 103, and 203 (2).

They are the same
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,404
    Here is what it looks like with the Doors on.
    wbibww5tz6g6.jpg
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,249
    My only issue was finding something to house the LSiM 706c, had to resort to building my own, but I would have loved to have a Salamander..
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,631
    Anymore oppo's coming in yet? I am on list for both and if I get em I will sell one or the other NIB
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,570
    edited July 2018
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    My only issue was finding something to house the LSiM 706c, had to resort to building my own, but I would have loved to have a Salamander..

My 706c fits in my Salamander Synergy Quad 30 after I installed Salamander's wide center channel shelf conversion kit and two half-height doors.

Before:

ktz8nnl8n30c.jpg

After:

z5ga79ybgbhn.jpg

Close up:

6danj7btrxlt.jpg

You can also buy a Salamander Model 345 cabinet preconfigured with the wide center channel shelf:

x2i4lsxkuwxv.jpg

"So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,404
    The beauty of Salamander Synergy. Modular and can be re configured anytime you want.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.