I have it on good authority....

Options
12346»

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    Congrats. Just had to have one already spiked too. :)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Jessie is interested in a steam cleaner ?

Did he buy a Chinese laundromat or a TT ? :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    At axpona, the better sounding systems were using turntables or reel in general in my opinion. That's not to say i didn't hear great sounding Digital but, in general, LP / Reel folks seem to have a bit better sound.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    My new toy......

oea7yv5bmits.jpg
    Very nice addition! I was going to call dibs on the Yamaha, but I just can't bring myself to jump into vinyl. :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Speaking of the Yamaha, it is semi-automatic so at the end the tone arm lifts, returns to rest and the table shuts down. I really liked that feature. Of course, these fancy new tables don't have any of that. Ah, but there is a way to at least have the tone arm lift at the end. I found there are a number of aftermarket lift devices available and after careful research I purchased the Tru-Lift, which is available from a number of sources including the manufacturer www.integrityhifi.ca. They have options not available elsewhere such as a large bottom disc for greater stability and far more height options. Tina was a pleasure to deal with and shipping was super fast. I highly recommend them and their product.

3xcyeerhbl84.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Lol, first world problem... solved!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Which Yamaha?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    P-300
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Already bought some bling for the TT.

How did the cork mat work for ya?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    In on the upcoming SACD sale...... :p
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Speaking of analog, I got to listen to this rather tricked-out Fairchild deck today (with a denuded DL-103 on a Schick arm, no less!). The "trick" (besides the bespoke plinth) is a fancy-schmancy speed DIY speed (stability) control using some sort of Siemens module. This stuff is like Sanskrit to me, unfortunately.

34z2trjbqq83.jpg

qfpinj7t12b7.jpg

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    ^^That is like voodoo territory there.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    naah. I think it's a big beefy AC synchronous motor. Feed it a clean sine wave of unvarying frequency and it's a very happy camper.

The display said "59.5" -- which I assume means that 59.5 Hz gives 33.3333333... rpm for this particular specimen.

The tt's a Fairchild 412. As Fairchild decks go, it's a relatively modest one (i.e., not terrifyingly expensive -- compared to some of the other Fairchildren Fairchilds).

:)

ctlqyujqgxyx.png
    (stock photo, from teh webs)