What would be the first thing you do after winning 125 million in a Lottery?

Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,009
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    First thing I would do... repair everything I have that is broken and then go and order every single item on eBay that interests me even in the slightest. then I would go to every flea market in the country and do the same. Then I would fly to England to see Abbey Road, all the while going to flea markets and garage sales (if they have those over there). after that, I would try and save it to live a fairly normal life other than the complete lack of work :wink:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited May 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    What a really crappy thing to do...

Goes to show money cannot buy class, and this loon has no class and does not deserve the money.

EDIT***

FAKE NEWS!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/clarendon-hills/news/ct-dch-fake-news-tl-0524-story.html
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited May 2018
    First I would karma every audio equipment I own now minus the AQ Wel speaker wire.

Probably buy a house in LA, Maui, and a suburb of Chicago. Buy a condo in New York and Chicago.

Install audio systems in all.

Live in Hinsdale IL permanently.

Move my parents back to Chicago.

Move my brothers to Chicago.

I think that’s it.

Oh and buy a nice watch.

And buy as much property that is undeveloped around nearby city centers as possible, put it in the trust for the kids.

Stop work.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Tony M
    They always advise to get the cash pay-out.

So save the attorney fees and just get the cash pay-out yourself. ;)
  • Joey_V
    Tony M wrote: »
    They always advise to get the cash pay-out.

So save the attorney fees and just get the cash pay-out yourself. ;)

With that much money I think you might need the advice of some experienced folks with regards to distribution, structuring, and safekeeping of wealth.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Tony M
    True.

I could ask you... ;):p

I once met a man I'd trust for some advice AFTER I took the cash pay-out. I wonder if he's still alive though. He had an office in the next town so it wouldn't be hard to find out. He wasn't going to move..ever, so I hope I need to find out about him as soon as I win one.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I would get a new phone and phone number and buy a new Tundra and a new Airstream and travel around until the heat wears off and decide where I want to live the rest of my life. And stop by and get those speakers from Jesse. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Joey_V wrote: »
    First I would karma every audio equipment I own now minus the AQ Wel speaker wire.

Probably buy a house in LA, Maui, and a suburb of Chicago. Buy a condo in New York and Chicago.

I think that’s it.

Oh and buy a nice watch.

And buy as much property that is undeveloped around nearby city centers as possible, put it in the trust for the kids.

Stop work.

you MUST REALLY HATE your parents and brothers to move them to Chiraq OR anywhere in Illinois.....

you should stop inhaling the gas now before permanent brain damage sets in....
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited May 2018
    Buy a house semi close to Denver but not close enough that I see anyone even driving by. Also as far away from the hippie village known as Boulder while still conforming to the other rules.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Grab a new roll of TP and sit on the proverbial throne....it's gonna be a big one
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I think that’s it.

Oh and buy a nice watch.

Stop work.

you MUST REALLY HATE your parents and brothers to move them to Chiraq OR anywhere in Illinois.....

you should stop inhaling the gas now before permanent brain damage sets in....

Hahaha you’re right!

But Chicago is my first love, where I grew up so it always has a special place for me
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yep2 wrote: »
    $125M?
    Hookers & coke for me. B)
    Fer sure man ...lol
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    $125M?

https://youtu.be/vfbcVbcBobs

Heck yeah powdering the nose with this amount just might put a dent in that 125 million of yours. B)
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    F1nut wrote: »

I thought the same but JUST maybe somebody on this earth did what they were thinking for many years! My wife said she could've done something like that to one of her old bosses. She's only had 4 in 45 years. It was one of her old bosses from a long, long time ago.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    $125M?

I know somebody close who did something similar after getting accident insurance money. Also inheritance money. And it wasn't me either.

PARTY TIME!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I gave up on that fantasy. If it happens then I will think about it. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I gave up on that fantasy. If it happens then I will think about it. :)

We got the first 3 numbers and CLOSE on the next two last week! My wife was freaking out for a second! I think we won 7.00 LOL :D
  • Tony M
    That's the closest we've come since we started playing years ago.

But we did not play that often for years. Only when it was high into the millions.

Now it's 2 chances a week. 4.00 a week plus some scratch-offs. We've been VERY lucky with the scratch-offs this year. We're way ahead into the green! :p
  • Joey_V
    I have not been lucky with the lottery yet, but I remain hopeful.

We don't buy weekly, but randomly I'll get the itch and buy some tickets.

We have had family and friends who have been really lucky with the lottery.

Grandma - won the lotto (equiv ~ $500K)
    Aunt - won the little lotto jackpot ($200,000)

My friend in high school, his family hit the lotto, he disappeared the next day. They won the jackpot, it was $20M.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    I would quit my day job and give my business to my partner.
    Have my Accountant to pay off all my current debt.I would pay his house off for him as payment.
    Then I would give my house to my son and buy my daughter her own.
    I would build my dream house that would have a Jay Leno Garage so I can collect all the cars I love.
    I'd also build my museum which would be a History of Home theater on one side and all the different styles of music reproduction on the other.
    Then a Music studio to record my music. I'd also hire a Guitar Teacher to further my knowledge.
    While all that is being built managed etc I would take my wife back to Europe and tour Germany, France and England while staying in Brussels Belgium. Scottland and Ireland would also be on the tour.
    I would sit down with my family and figure out a good charity to donate to.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862

I think that’s it.

Oh and buy a nice watch.

Stop work.

In for the karma with all the numbers from 1- 10000
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Leave town permanently!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would buy a book of first-class postage stamps and a handful of postcards. I would mail each postcard to a different address and use a first-class stamp on them, even though postcards only cost 35 cents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFJBd40Awo