What would be the first thing you do after winning 125 million in a Lottery?

Options
13»

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Buy an Island in the South Pacific. Create my own country and declare myself King. It's good to be the King!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    The Anniversary Edition Nissan 370z.
    OR
    78/79 Trans Am....any color but black
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Consult my son in law, who is a tax attorney, and my daughter, who is an accountant, about how legally to keep as much of it as possible out of the hands of the various governments to which I would owe taxes!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    build a cabin in some place that gets 30+ inches of snow several months in a row :) buy lots of coffee, Bacon & Eggs an steaks ...and Bourbon and....you get the idea!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    build a cabin in some place that gets 30+ inches of snow several months in a row :) buy lots of coffee, Bacon & Eggs an steaks ...and Bourbon and....you get the idea!

I already have that... Nice but after a while somewhere tropical will call you. Don't ask me how I know.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I would build some type of home/shelter for the homeless and hungry people. Help as many as I could.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    voltz wrote: »

Screw that. I'll visit snow but home will be where snow rarely happens.
    If I wanted to I could drink in the tropics lol
  • ventureZR1
    Options
    First, I'd have sandman setup my financial portfolio.

Second, have him broker a deal with Polk to get my damn original user name back!!!
  • ventureZR1
    Options
    Appears so..

Still don't know who's corn flakes I pizzed in... :o
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    The worlds greatest Karmas
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »

Yep. I would give everyone on CP a set of L800's! As a start. Minimum 100 posts and member in good standing, of course! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I would sell my house and build a house with a great audio room, man cave and 6 car garage or larger with a shop and then place a large order with Skip.
    Put money in a trust for my kids and grand kids. Put money in a trust for my sister and my wife's brother and sisters.
    Needless to say I would buy a few cars I've always wanted along with some other toys.
    Set up a fund to help some people who really need a break in life.
    Then think, what do I want to do next.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    I would sell my house and build a house with a great audio room, man cave and 6 car garage or larger with a shop and then place a large order with Skip.
    Put money in a trust for my kids and grand kids. Put money in a trust for my sister and my wife's brother and sisters.
    Needless to say I would buy a few cars I've always wanted along with some other toys.
    Set up a fund to help some people who really need a break in life.
    Then think, what do I want to do next.

Maybe get a job you'll need one after all that :p

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    This is pretty easy... Schedule an appointment with a financial advisor, put all of the money into a mixture of savings and investments accounts. Myself and my entire family could live off partial interest payments for the rest of our lives. The end.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    This is pretty easy... Schedule an appointment with a financial advisor, put all of the money into a mixture of savings and investments accounts. Myself and my entire family could live off partial interest payments for the rest of our lives. The end.

Unfortunately that's quite unlikely due to taxes and fees. Plus that $$ is accrued over 40 years.
  • VR3
    Options
    Bro, even if they took half and left with me at 62,500,000... A meager 2% which is just a standard savings account at this moment... Annual pay out is 1,250,000. After 40% tax rate, assuming max rate, that leaves 750,000 in net income a year.

Let's just hypothetically so the average person makes 65,000... That would equate to 11. 5 annual salaries and that's literally not trying to make money with your money.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    SIHAB wrote: »

Yep. I would give everyone on CP a set of L800's! As a start. Minimum 100 posts and member in good standing, of course! :smile:

For the record, that includes @Viking64 IMHO a member in good standing! :smile: Don't go there Jimmy! Member ... Good standing... :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Contact a good tax attorney.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Bro, even if they took half and left with me at 62,500,000... A meager 2% which is just a standard savings account at this moment... Annual pay out is 1,250,000. After 40% tax rate, assuming max rate, that leaves 750,000 in net income a year.

Where Are you getting 2%!?! Round here it's 0.5 if you're lucky.
  • VR3
    Options
    Plenty of places, looks like it's currently a little lower at 1.8 with the fed rate cut recently but still better than nothing

https://www.nerdwallet.com/best/banking/high-yield-online-savings-accounts