I'm a simple guy and like simple solutions:
    1. Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax
    2. Meguiars Quick detailer for between waxes
    3. Protectant 303 (LOVE this stuff)
    4. Meguiars car wash soap
    5. Invisable Glass

jgexwucgz119.jpg

f1gb57ynazdc.jpg

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    We live on a dirt road, so it's prety much a non-issue here. :|

OK. But, do you have an opinion on the science behind car washing products given the typical use one sees during daily drives? i.e., road grime (gasoline, trans fluid, oil, environmental fallout) being kicked up on to the surface of a vehicle, embedding itself, and pH neutral soaps doing nothing to remove these contaminants?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    edited August 2018
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    2. Meguiars Quick detailer for between waxes
    3. Protectant 303 (LOVE this stuff)
    4. Meguiars car wash soap
    5. Invisable Glass

jgexwucgz119.jpg

f1gb57ynazdc.jpg

Good looking ride you got there Steve!

I have a ton of car care products here as well, including the Meguiar's Ultimate Wax, Quick Detailer, and Car Wash + Wax soap (and many, many others).

This is our daily driver:

7cbfjvlcrm9w.jpg
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Very nice, close to the same color.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,651
    Options
    Funny this old thread resurfaced now as I was just about to pose a question. I have spots of pitch (sap) all over my windshield, hood and top. I tried some Goo Gone on the glass and it didn't work well. I was afraid to try it on the paint. Any suggestions to safely clean it off?
  • steveinaz
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Clay bar it. Bev's RAM 2500 Diesel had some "sticky" yuck all over it, probably from sitting at the assembly plant that would not wash off. Clay bar cleaned the paint and windows right up. Clay bars are good for getting stubborn calcium spots off windows as well.
  • halo
    Options
    Clay bar it.

Yes, soapy water in a spray bottle and a clay bar (or 2). Depending on how bad/neglected your paint is, you'll want to get the corresponding clay. Meguiars is good for neglected paint. It's a little more challenging to work with though. Break off small pieces, roll it out into a pancake in your hand. Use soapy water or quick detailer to rub on the surface of the paint until smooth. Keep kneading the bar to give you clean spots to "suck up" the damaged paint. If you drop the bar on the ground, you have to discard it.
  • halo
    Options

Your car looks like a dark grey? Our car is a medium/dark brown. :smile:
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I use a lot of different products by Chemical Guys and Meguires. I have a Torq orbital DA polisher that helps som2owgt5nyb1xu.jpeg
    e. Not bad for an eleven year old truck. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • halo
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    I use a lot of different products by Chemical Guys and Meguires. I have a Torq orbital DA polisher that helps som2owgt5nyb1xu.jpeg

Very nice looking Truck!

Yes, having a DA polishing machine is really helpful! I had a Porter Cable machine sold by Meguiar's that I bought back in the early 2000's. Had to leave it at my parent's house back in Chicago because I cannot use it at the apartment (Can't even wash my car here unless it's a rinse free wash)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,651
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Clay bar it.

Yes, soapy water in a spray bottle and a clay bar (or 2). Depending on how bad/neglected your paint is, you'll want to get the corresponding clay. Meguiars is good for neglected paint. It's a little more challenging to work with though. Break off small pieces, roll it out into a pancake in your hand. Use soapy water or quick detailer to rub on the surface of the paint until smooth. Keep kneading the bar to give you clean spots to "suck up" the damaged paint. If you drop the bar on the ground, you have to discard it.

Paint is in good shape. Car is only 2 years old.
  • halo
    edited August 2018
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    This thread is making me sad that I haven't washed my car in over a year and it looks horrible.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    This is the one I got for $129 on BF. Peace. Df6gfj15482q3.png
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • steveinaz
    Options

Your car looks like a dark grey? Our car is a medium/dark brown. :smile:

ooops my bad. Dodge calls it granite pearl.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,603
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »

Yes, having a DA polishing machine is really helpful! I had a Porter Cable machine sold by Meguiar's that I bought back in the early 2000's. Had to leave it at my parent's house back in Chicago because I cannot use it at the apartment (Can't even wash my car here unless it's a rinse free wash)

I didn't know you moved to California....

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Steve, While Mequiar's makes good product it will never compare to these 3 products. Kenotek detail spray wipes off easier than anything I've ever used. If your paint is in good condition, top it off with the H20 & the Ceramic Boost, you'll be amazed. Kenotec is great for general detailing, H20 & Boost combined every few washes is by far the best.
  • charley95
    Options
    I know I'm just picky but, there is better product out there online than the general products at the auto parts stores. I'm signed up with Autopia, Autogeek & Adam's for discounts online.
  • charley95
    Options
    yb7ke6jhlvs4.jpg
    If you could see my ride in person you'd understand why the 3 products I use works.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Who hates White cars? My '17 Kia Optim Hybrid EX in Snow White Pearl, Beige interior. Harmon Kardon sound system sounds great.

Same stuff, Chemical Guys Jet Seal. ChemGuys 50/50 wax. I'll try some of that Chem Guys White wax once the 50/50 is used up.

I have one of them orbital polishers, similar to the TORQ but different name. I do have a Torq foam cannon for pressure washer.

8bgmb8bibukp.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • charley95
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'll never apply polish/wax again after having an orbital.
  • SCompRacer
    edited August 2018
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    Looks awesome! I'll never apply polish/wax again after having an orbital.

How about it! I'm old, wax on and off by hand would do me in. I sit on my pneumatic swivel seat to do the sides.

You do nice work Charley!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options

Meguiars Ultimate is the bomb. If you get it on any black plastic trim it wipes right off! Love the stuff!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Collinite 476S, paste wax. Takes good old fashioned elbow grease, but will last nearly a year in the midwest.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo
    Options
    @charley95 - Not trying to bash the products anyone uses here. If the Kenotek detail spray + Adam's H20 + the Ceramic Boost work for you, that's great! However, all paints and finishes are not created equal so, while it works great for you, it may not work great for someone else. Same thing with the audio hobby. Just because you can buy the products(s) in an auto parts store, it doesn't mean that they aren't any good. Meguiar's has a ton of professional products and products not sold in the auto parts stores too so there is some variety if you want it. I'm not knocking Adam's or CG or any other car care products. If you dig it, that's all that matters. BTW, thanks for letting us know about the products that you use. Your car's finish looks amazing in that picture.
  • halo
    Options

Paint is in good shape. Car is only 2 years old.

Mothers clay bar kit may work well for you as it includes the quick detailer but you can check out Amazon for clay bars as well. Doesn't sound like you need anything too aggressive.
  • halo
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »

8bgmb8bibukp.jpg

Your cars always look super clean Rich!
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    I try Victor! You kept some clean machines too!
  • charley95
    Options
    @charley95 - Not trying to bash the products anyone uses here. If the Kenotek detail spray + Adam's H20 + the Ceramic Boost work for you, that's great! However, all paints and finishes are not created equal so, while it works great for you, it may not work great for someone else. Same thing with the audio hobby. Just because you can buy the products(s) in an auto parts store, it doesn't mean that they aren't any good. Meguiar's has a ton of professional products and products not sold in the auto parts stores too so there is some variety if you want it. I'm not knocking Adam's or CG or any other car care products. If you dig it, that's all that matters. BTW, thanks for letting us know about the products that you use. Your car's finish looks amazing in that picture.

I have a bud who has an eye like an eagle. He maintains his cars like nothing I've ever seen, definitely OCD to the max. He literally spends thousands on car care products and lets me know which is good and bad. It's his therapy from his high stress job. Whenever he tells me I should use a certain product I take it as the gospel. He hasn't steered me wrong so far.

He's owned several national show winning Mopar's through the years and knows attention to detail. Car care product has advanced drastically in the past 10 years and I swore I'd never own a black car. Not anymore, it's just the love of detailing for me.