Background's So Bright It's Burning My Retinas!

Options
13»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    Thanks, Ken.
    Speaking for myself, I am as patient as a cat ;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I have been informed that the current background is in support of the LSiM sale and we should have the darker one back next week.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    edited May 2017
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I have been informed that the current background is in support of the LSiM sale and we should have the darker one back next week.

The first half of that does make sense, and the second half is nice to read!
    Thanks for the update.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Well, of course support the product that's on sale.....but....all these whiz-bang degreed graphic artists can't come up with something better ? I think my 10 year old grandson could have. I know I could have, and I know nuthin'. lol

Somebody decided to just put in a white back ground with LSIM's, on an already white forum page and said to themselves "yeah that looks good" ? Seriously ?

I know it isn't the biggest fish to fry with complaints, but if your not using the forum on a regular basis it may not occur to you about the brightness. Can't be that hard to change it. Just sayin'...because we can send pics around the globe in color, even across the galaxy....but can't change the background on the LSIM promo ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    Options
    Tony, I agree completely.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I don't mean to come off as insulting to the guys who do hard work in graphics, it's not as easy as it appears. However, it's painfully obvious not much thought went into it. You wouldn't put that promo pic in a magazine would ya ? On a already white page, right ? Someone down at HQ has to be OK-ing this stuff. I mean....Polk is paying people to do this stuff, not just a cut and paste job with a white background, the secretaries can do that.

I know I'm sounding excessively critical, and maybe I am, but c'mon man, stop and think for a second. I have to wear sunglasses to view the forum.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • F1nut
    Options
    I blame it on the no child left behind education system.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is back to normal in chrome

Thanks Polk
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Back to normal in IE. Thank you.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • F1nut
    Options
    Shhhhh...........

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I just noticed the color is back in my signature this morning. :)

Patients often rally just before the end comes ;)

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    It's baaaack (well, at least on my display). Is there another sale underway? Oh well, here's a little background music...
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    I'm glad I had these items tucked away. Should be good now until the fix is secured.

9pffl8hoi99k.jpg
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Ah! Fixed here this a.m.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2020
    Options
    A welcome fix, but it would be nice to have the L800 as the background seeing as it is the flagship.

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    "Home Audio" link works at the top, but others do not.
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Right you are! I clicked one and "****"umed. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've forwarded this to Vanilla. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    A welcome fix, but it would be nice to have the L800 as the background seeing as it is the flagship.

I guess its clear who Polk views as their primary audience these days...which I would expect tells us what generates the most revenue...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options

I hope this is just a temporary placeholder image, because it has products in it (headphones) that are discontinued and aren't even able to be ordered from polkaudio.com...
  • mhardy6647
    Options

yeah, huh?

I am not even quite sure what the things in the background are The thing at the bottom reminds me of a coffee warmer my boss had on his desk ca. 1989. He also used to heat MacDonalds' sausage biscuits on it. :|

• F1nut
    Options
    I think it's a Men In Black memory eraser.

President of Club Polk