PSW505 light on rear not switching from red to green

2»

Answers

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,099
    I have sent you a PM
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • mad5mad5 Posts: 1
    Hi All, I'm having a similar issue on my PSW505 amp. I get constant crackling and popping while its plugged in. It's 3 years old but gets very little use- it's in a basement rec room that we watch movies in a few times a month. It's probably out of warranty, I'm sure. Is there a source for the amplifier boards? Seems like a horrible waste to pitch a sub that has $3 worth of failed capacitors on it.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,099
    Hello,
    The bass amps come with a three year warranty, try and find the exact date of purchase. Polk sells replacement amps for $150.00, but as a member of Club Polk you get a discount. I believe they are currently out of stock, but believe they'll have them in three weeks. For information call them at: 1-800-377-7655.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • Hi, My Psw505 has the same problem, the light does not go from red to green, Any one here has a schematic of the board they dont mind sharing.