Joule Electra Preamp owners?

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    I won't speak for anyone else, but I believe the point to be....is it doesn't matter if it says M or MK, and that most use the MK designation when describing model numbers.

I can't find anything that says otherwise as it relates to the designation. Why is this an issue again ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • One has to think, if the model no. name plate and manual show it as M (no K), this the correct way to show it.

Like you, I don't give a rats a$$ how one shows it but I was called out for being "ridiculous" when stating that I removed the K from the model no. in my sig list.

You know, I just think it's ok to show the model no. as it appears on the unit. Seems to make since to me.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    For one that doesn't give a rat's a$$ about how one shows it you sure made a big deal about it going so far as to change it in your sig.

I spoke with Jud a few times in the past about the pre amp I used to own. He referred to it as the Mark III. So, there you have it straight from the horse's mouth.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    edited February 2017
    I never asked anyone to change the way they show it. I stated ,IMO, the K was not part of the model. But you called me out when I stated that I removed the K from the model no. in MY signature. Pot calling the kettle black here.

AGAIN, the term Mark in the description was never questioned but how it was meant to be shown. Per the name plate affixed to the unit it's M not MK with M being the abbreviation for MARK. Get it? I will get your point of view when you can show me just one authentic picture of a Joule preamp with MK on the model no. tag affixed to the unit.
  • F1nut
    One last time, look at the official Joule literature and dig up the old website, which all show the Mk in the model number. Furthermore, you won't find one sale ad or person, other than you that doesn't use the Mk designation.

Your line of thought is akin to someone calling their SDA 2B's, SDA 2's because the B isn't on the rear label.

So yes, I think you're being ridiculous.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    edited February 2017
    Wow, all this over the letter K, I want my 10 minutes back. Something tells me your moniker of "Footwedge" is appropriate.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    Sorry, no refunds.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Can I get a C for cookie?

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »

Your line of thought is akin to someone calling their SDA 2B's, SDA 2's because the B isn't on the rear label.

Bet you a dollar the B is on the rear label.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    footwedge wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

You would LOOSE that bet. My 1.2TL's are labled as 1.2's....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    footwedge wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

It's a well established fact that Polk was putting out 2B's without a B on the label. Keep your dollar.

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Must be a slow weekend.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    My head hurts
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    K lives matter
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Is this the best y'all can do? Take off your pink panties.

By the way still loving my LA-150MII and contemplating what on earth does the M stand for and is a letter missing?

@F1nut payment sent.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    It has been 4 days, if you are REALLY that interested what the M does or do not stand for, then why haven't you contacted the experts?
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • F1nut
    Refunded......we never had a formal bet.

President of Club Polk

• dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    on another note fellars......does anyone know if 6EA7 tubes can be substituted for the 6EM7 tubes. I know that 6EA7 is an equivalent, but will the LA-150MII tolerate that tube?
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• dhart86 wrote: »
    on another note fellars......does anyone know if 6EA7 tubes can be substituted for the 6EM7 tubes. I know that 6EA7 is an equivalent, but will the LA-150MII tolerate that tube?

@dhart86
    Care to post the model no. shown on the manual title sheet I emailed you? I guess gratitude is finite here when one doesn't walk the lines.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    Gratitude, like respect, is earned, not given. Thanks, on the other hand is always given in return for a kindness.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    Mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Had no idea when I started this thread it would morph into this. Since I'm an audiophile rookie/wannabe and never have anything technical to offer up to this site, I thought this might be an interesting discussion.

So with that, I want to apologize for my snide comments and hope there's no hard feelings.

Below you will find 3 price lists from 1999, '08 and '09 on Joule letterhead and one from SS also dated '09. Have no idea why the model nos. changed in the SS list but they did.

Interesting if nothing else:

h57vsf1cxawn.jpgf8lhdaavzehs.jpg
    mcm6d4rzchv7.jpg
    7i6zfazlwk61.jpg
  • erniejade
    And none make mention of my A version of the 150 actually in the manual he did type something up on my A. I can take a pic later if interested.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • kharp1
    One of the great things about having a piece from a boutique artist such as Jud. I'm scouring mine now for the one little thing that will make it worth more than yours!
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited February 2017
    kharp1 wrote: »
    One of the great things about having a piece from a boutique artist such as Jud.
    Agree. Like this LA-100 MkIII with exposed tubes.
    audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Preamplifier-Tube/Joule-Electra/LA-100-MKIII/Tube-Preamplifier/165708
    J-E_LA100_MKIII_top1.JPG
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • kharp1
    Heck yeah, that's nice! Lucky baztard that got that one!
  • erniejade
    I saw that unit for sale. I really like that design actually.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,151
    This may be a deal. Would have to track the bidding.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222438651002?_trksid=p2471758.m4704
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,239
    lightman1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I have a half eaten bag of Cheetos....

Probably has a hole in the bottom, wink, wink, nudge nudge

LMAO....a small hole at that.

Tell the missus I said "Hello" ;)

She said she never knew you were there....