Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk SDA's Monitors..

2»

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,661
    edited February 2017
    Dang I was too late this time. Hopefully in the future.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 45,753
    Larry stated on page one that all the ring sets have been sold.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Larry the Ring King is a genius. That is all except thanks again.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 250GTLusso
    250GTLusso Registered User Posts: 162
    Larry @Toolfan66, it looks like I have missed the ring purchase (unless you captured my order based on the post in the dreadnought thread from December- below? But I would not expect that).

250GTLusso%20Cases%20and%20Rings%20order%20Dec%202016.jpg

Any idea on when your next order will be going in?

Many thanks!
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Larry @Toolfan66 I am in the same boat as @250GTLusso with rings. I was so worried about the Dreadnought cases running out and here it was the rings that sold out before I was able to pull the trigger on getting some. Not in a hurry but was curious when you think you might do another run? Thanks in Advance
  • Wow you's guys were asleep at the wheel on this.
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    edited February 2017
    Not really asleep. Had to split it between two pay checks (unfortunately mortgages and utilities have to be taken care of first).
    I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I thought the cases would go sooner so I bought the two cases first, but then I saw the rings were sold out before I could get and pay for two sets I needed.
    Had I bought the rings first we wouldn't be having this conversation (who knew!). :wink:
    Post edited by kmeek on
  • 3.1TL set whenever another production run is done. Thanks! Chris
  • heroesunplugged
    heroesunplugged Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    I'm new to this forum although I setup an account a while back to research the SDA speakers (and eventually post). I have had the 3.1TLs for about 9 months and am now ready to take on making some of the improvements suggested on the forums.
  • My 3.1TLs are untouched at this point but believe the rings, along with new x-over parts, will make a dramatic improvement. Right now I'd describe the mid-bass as lacking and lacking detail. Mid-range around 500 Hz is overbearing, treble lacks transient detail/air and while the sound stage is large, it lacks definition. The image is very 3 dimensional with tracks that present it, but placement of individual instruments is often obscure.
  • F1nut
    Guys, Larry has a lot on his plate right now and I'm sure will not be doing another run anytime soon.

President of Club Polk

• Thanks for letting us know F1nut. I have plenty too. Simply chiming in to express interest if/when he can make more. I can update the x-overs. May go ahead and update the tweeters too.
  • If you do another run, count me in for a 2b set.
  • I hope everything works out well for him, sending positive vibes his way!