Dreadnought Cases...........

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
edited January 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Ok here we go..

Easy enough as always, the cases are ready to go, just need boxed up..

Cases are $100 shipped just as in the past...

Please when sending PayPal Payment put in the notes what you are buying, it will make this easier with the ring thread as well..rh623j55lart.jpg

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,179
    I'm in for one.Will send you my info and payment as soon as you let me know where to send it. Thanks
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,139
    One for me too pm payment info
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,139
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    I'll take one. Please PM payment info.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Larry, I am in for two of the cases. Please PM payment info and I will get it in ASAP.
    Thanks
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,030
    I see one largish hole. Forgive me but how does that work? If we need to drill our own holes for speaker terminals what would we use? A standard drill bit.

Thanks for any feed back.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • I want one please
    PM me with the payment info.
    What about the rings?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I want one please
    PM me with the payment info.
    What about the rings?

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175963/driver-speaker-rings-for-your-vintage-polk-sdas-monitors#latest

Keep up ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • RobbyKY
    RobbyKY Posts: 117
    I need one please. PM me payment information.
    Media Room: Parasound JC-5, Cambridge 851N, Schiit Freya, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Game Room: Carver M4.0t, Carver C-4000, Oppo BDP-105, SDA SRS 1.2tl
    Bar/Card Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Oppo BDP-93, SDA SRS 3.1
    Son's Room: Carver TFM-55, Carver C-1(BillD), Laptop/AQ Dragonfly, SDA SRS 3.1
    Bedroom: McIntosh MC150, Cambridge CXN, SDA 2Btl
    Outdoor Pool Area: Yamaha R-N803 with four Polk Atrium 6
    HT: Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65, RTi-A3's, Marantz SR5012, XPA3, UDP-203, Epson 5040UB

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I see one largish hole. Forgive me but how does that work? If we need to drill our own holes for speaker terminals what would we use? A standard drill bit.

Thanks for any feed back.

H9

You might as well go Neutrik, everyone else has.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,731
    One case please, thanks.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Hey Brock, even if you don't want to Neutrik your speaker cabinets at this time, you can terminate your SDA cables with Neutrik on the transformer ends, with whatever terminations you prefer at the speaker end.

Working with the Neutrik is a treat.

Bonus: You get bragging rights because your SDA cables will be directional. :p
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • agfrost
    Sorry for polluting your buy thread, Larry, but thought I'd share an idea I had when assembling my own Dreadnought: For not too much extra $$, I ordered extra cable, techflex, and Neutrik connectors to make a longer SDA cable to use without the Dreadnought.

My thinking being that if I moved to a different set of SDAs down the road, I'd be able to sell my current ones with a working interconnect for the new person while keeping the Dreadnought for my next pair. (Additionally, if you're a glutton for punishment, you can A/B with/without the Dreadnought to hear its effects. I don't have the time for such exercises.)

DreadnaughtCase_zpsd22274e1.jpg

Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
  • heiney9
    agfrost wrote: »
    Hey Brock, even if you don't want to Neutrik your speaker cabinets at this time, you can terminate your SDA cables with Neutrik on the transformer ends, with whatever terminations you prefer at the speaker end.

Working with the Neutrik is a treat.

Bonus: You get bragging rights because your SDA cables will be directional. :p

Good idea, I was thinking that too after I pondered it a bit. That way when I do modify or replace my terminal cups I'm already 1/2 way there with Neutriks on the tranny end.

B)

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
  • I am requesting one Dreadnought Case @ $100 including shipping.

Don't have info to use PayPal for payment ie email address.

(On Driver/Speaker rings, request one set SDA 1C's $70.64 with tweeter brackets $20)
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • agfrost
    heiney9 wrote: »

I think those would work on the cable. They do have the higher amperage rating 40A continuous/50A music signal rating you'll want. I used 4-pole Neutrik (NLT4FX-BAG on the cables, NL4MP-UC on the transformer case). I liked the metal casing on the NLT4FX-BAG over the plastic on others.

A consideration is the fact that the NLT4FX-BAG has solder cups only (it was modestly challenging to solder) rather than the "solderable" connections with screw terminals in the ones you linked. I believe solder is preferred for higher current applications; frankly I have no idea what kind of current goes thru these SDA cables.

You want the "D" size chassis mounts to fit Larry's chassis (oh that sounds so wrong), and you'll want the ones with higher amperage rating as well (The NL4MP-UC fits this bill). I also bought Neutrik's SCDP gaskets.

Hopefully Jesse comes by to concur with what I've said/suggested here. I followed his lead in constructing my cables. (With considerably less expensive cable :))

This isn't the only solution, but it's what I used:
    My cable connectors
    My Chassis connectors
    My Gaskets
    Jay
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Going to need one. Please send payment information.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • heiney9
    edited January 2017
    I'm talking with Vr3 mods and will probably get his custom terminal cups and go all Neutrik.

Thanks for the part numbers and explanation.

Someone really should write up a comprehensive DIY with part numbers, etc. had no idea there are so many choices.

H9
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Jay nailed it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    edited January 2017
    Is the Neutrik rubber gasket necessary on the transformer chassis? That's another $20+

H9
  • agfrost
    edited January 2017
    Brock, I think I found a deal when I did mine--I may have ordered a set in blue as well. If I can find them (and you can deal with blue gaskets) I'll send them to you [ i ]gratis[ /i].
    Jay
  • heiney9
    edited January 2017
    I just looked at Parts Express they are wayyyy cheaper than Amazon on everything. 50% cheaper on the entire purchase so I can get the gaskets from them. Gaskets are $2.38 at PE and $9.49 at Amazon, WTF!

That's why I didn't want to spend the extra $20, but I can do $5......lol
  • May I ask what this case is for? Sorry for my ingnorance.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    May I ask what this case is for? Sorry for my ingnorance.

Dreadnought for SDA speakers.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Put me in for a case as well
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • villock
    villock Posts: 72
    I need one also, thanks
    SDA SRS 2.3tls; RDO 198's, Dynamatted, Armaflexed, Gimpod Boards, Crossovers by quadzilla: Clarity ESA 630V, Mills Resistors, Track Audio Spikes, Musky's Curly Maple Caps
    CSi5, FXi5, Rythmik D15SE sub, Pro-Ject Xpression III/Ortofon MC-3 Turbo. Pro-Ject Speed Box. Pro-Ject Tube Box II
  • Nightfall wrote: »
    May I ask what this case is for? Sorry for my ingnorance.

Dreadnought for SDA speakers.

Ok. Thanks.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    If you have paid, it's shipping today.. :)