Guess what I just snagged for under 2K!!

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,155
    There is no help for you and I don't feel sorry for you at all. The gear, what a waste.......a complete waste.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    I can guess.....boxes of smashed speakers
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    You talk as if I have a hand in some moron choosing how they pack? I don't need sympathy nor do I ask for it. Take a look at this box here guys.. Jeezzz ooooh!ro8acggqplz7.jpeg
    pmb7urbqi3rn.jpeg
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,456
    This guy put a pair of summit inside a huge box with nothing at the bottom. The legs have just poked straight through the box and one of the legs at the front has just snapped and demolished the cabinet. It's the sellers fault and not the shipping company.

Nope, it's at least partly your fault for not insisting and paying for shipment by freight with the speakers on a pallet. There are easy ways to do things right. Doing stupid things tends to cost more in the long run.

• polkfarmboy
    I would have thought the speakers would have had the original packaging. These came from eBay and it was a fixed price on shipping.
  • heiney9
    You talk as if I have a hand in some moron choosing how they pack? I don't need sympathy nor do I ask for it. Take a look at this box here guys.. Jeezzz ooooh!ro8acggqplz7.jpeg
    pmb7urbqi3rn.jpeg

After all the crap that has happened YOU should insist on proper, no, over packing stuff. No one can have this many issues at this point and not also be responsible.

Like I said, the "playing dumb" act is getting old. If I was spending that kind of money I would have insisted on crating them, PERIOD!

• polkfarmboy
    This ain't my problem nor is it any fault of fedex.
  • heiney9
    You keep thinking that and you'll keep getting fubar'd gear.

It's your responsibility to ensure the seller is doing their due diligence as much as possible. That means communicating about how something is going to be shipped so it makes it all in one piece.

You are to blame almost as much.

H9

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,581
    I would have thought the speakers would have had the original packaging. These came from eBay and it was a fixed price on shipping.

And, with all due respect, there lies half the problem: you thought one thing, you assumed one thing, and ..... you got what you got.

The "fixed price on shipping" was a tell, IMO. If he's shipping across town, maybe the level of packing is high. If he's shipping to your location, 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle, well, ..... he has to cut costs somewhere to meet the "fixed price" ceiling.

You HAVE to have clear, precise instructions on packing when dealing with this level of gear at this price point. Written, then verified by the seller with PICTURES prior to shipping.

If not, then you get a PAIR of ML Summits shipped in a BOX with packing peanuts.
    Period.

Just my opinon, of course.

Sal Palooza
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    You get what you pay for, if it's to good to be true then something is fishy, dude got you hook line and sinker no seller that enjoys this hobby could let a pair of speakers ship packaged like that. They were probably stolen and some one was just waiting for a unsuspecting individual to come along and snatch them up.

I repeat no one in this hobby would pack gear like that Mcintosh or those speakers like that, you sure have a knack finding these kind of sellers. I would of gave the hobby up if it were me after all the luck you experience either self inflicted or being swindled. What a way to start a weekend at least you got back up gear right enjoy that.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • polkfarmboy
    i don't care about the money etc but I am pretty disappointed as I was really looking forward to playing with them over the weekend. I was planning to put them in the lake cabin but now that's a no go. It's evident that this seller does not know what he is doing and I feel bad for him too as eBay will punish him financially and he has to send return labels etc.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    DSkip wrote: »
    Martin Logan and magnepan... Why would you ship these speakers? Good deal or not that is a big risk with panel speakers.

Agreed.....if the Bozo seller is willing to let ML Summits go for 2k, you can bet the farm his packing skills are suspect. I would never ship these, unless on a pallet, extra packaging protection and the whole thing wrapped. Plus I'd use a dedicated shipping company, who has experience in these things.

Wow man, double whammy for ya PFB, if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have none at all. This really sucks, hope your raising hell bro.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,578
    Some possible suspects.....

IjD2bKEIiyLfi.gif

3CIVVpmg0GWXu.gif

6exhnJ8yes2E8.gif
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I've been reading the PFB shipping sagas for quite a while. Always entertaining.

My advice would be stop having things shipped. Pick them up from the owner, and if it's to far to travel; don't buy it.

Forget that. With your luck you'll be uninsurable for being rear ended too often.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Is it too late to put my guess in on the speakers?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,320
    Emlyn wrote: »
    This guy put a pair of summit inside a huge box with nothing at the bottom. The legs have just poked straight through the box and one of the legs at the front has just snapped and demolished the cabinet. It's the sellers fault and not the shipping company.

Nope, it's at least partly your fault for not insisting and paying for shipment by freight with the speakers on a pallet. There are easy ways to do things right. Doing stupid things tends to cost more in the long run.
    It is exclusively and entirely his fault. Forrest Gump has more brains than PFB.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,543
    Dude seriously... What's up with you and shipments? Lol
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,543
    heiney9 wrote: »
    pmb7urbqi3rn.jpeg

After all the crap that has happened YOU should insist on proper, no, over packing stuff. No one can have this many issues at this point and not also be responsible.

Like I said, the "playing dumb" act is getting old. If I was spending that kind of money I would have insisted on crating them, PERIOD!

Yeah dude... I agree. You already know how much bad luck you have, why don't you actually try to make sure you don't get these crazy shipments? Didn't you talk to him about what kind of shipping packaging he was going to do? Doesn't it concern you that there is no original packaging??

You have owned ML before so you know how important it is for the base styrofoam to be in place...

What's wrong with you PFB?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,730
    pmb7urbqi3rn.jpeg

9f1bjbkwap19.jpg
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,646
    52857465.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Joey_V wrote: »
    What's wrong with you PFB?

:p

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,521
    PFB... have you bought any turntables yet? I can't remember.
    Those are really easy to pack & ship.
  • nooshinjohn
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I am packing a PX-3 this weekend, and it would survive a drop from at least 10 feet. I will pack it WELL!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    There is no emoti/reaction button available to us to describe my reaction to this :)
    We need an LOLOL
    (laughing in recognition of all the dummies out there who say, "I know how to pack and ship! just look at my feedback!")
    I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086

I am packing a PX-3 this weekend, and it would survive a drop from at least 10 feet. I will pack it WELL!

i%20am%20so%20excited%20pic.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    I dunno PFB, seems to be a huge disconnect between you as a buyer and the sellers with communication on how this gear is to be packed and shipped.

Maybe your just concerned about price, as your a re-seller, and you just leave all responsibility up to the seller while asking no questions....Don't know. However, many of us who ship audio related items ask questions, use common sense, and know our limits both in pack and ship, and receiving.

Your not the first to find this stuff out the hard way, won't be the last either. Except you seem to have a hard time learning lessons given the amount of problems you have with shipping.

Sounded good at the gitgo didn't it ? Buy stuff cheap from all over the country and re-sell it for a profit. This is what you get when you buy stuff "too good to be true". Now your coin is tied up, aggravating process to get it back and time wasted. You must enjoy that part, because you keep doing it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,894
    PFB may suffer from Audio Munchausen syndrome.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.