Guess what I just snagged for under 2K!!

polkfarmboy
polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
They arrive Friday so I will load up pics but these speakers are over 10k and sell used for 6K. Hopefully it ends in fairytail fashion!

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,731
    Can't wait for the drama to unfold...
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,543
    edited July 2016
    I wonder if there will be a shipping debacle yet again
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Hopefully it ends in LMFAO fashion!

:D Fixed
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,459
    If it ends well it would be a fairy tale ending. A fairy's tail is something else.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,117
    What are they? @polkfarmboy
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    I think he really is making us guess... hmmmm
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,332
    Let me guess... a new mail-order ladyboy from Thailand?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Let me guess... a new mail-order ladyboy from Thailand?

OOOOOOOOHHHHH
    That's just WRONG :D;)
  • polkfarmboy
    All will be revealed but feel free to guess. I tell you what .... If anyone can get it right first go then you get a free silver audiophile transport new hdmi cable.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,894
    ^^Good those look like Boxters, which btw were named after slang for lady parts.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • polkfarmboy
    I ordered two ladyboys three years ago from Thailand and when I opened up the shipping crate I found the both of them dead? What had happened is I only ordered bread , water and kitty litter for just one instead of two. I would guess an epic lady boy brawl broke out and one of them appeared to be strangled by his own necklace with beads on it I found snapped and laying on the floor.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    I ordered two ladyboys three years ago from Thailand and when I opened up the shipping crate I found the both of them dead? What had happened is I only ordered bread , water and kitty litter for just one instead of two. I would guess an epic lady boy brawl broke out and one of them appeared to be strangled by his own necklace with beads on it I found snapped and laying on the floor.

Lawd

HEPP deez mannish chidrens❗❕ >:)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,594
    You know, it's kind of hard to navigate pass a PFB thread where he brings up the topic of "Hey, I'm getting some gear delivered !".
    Yeah, it's almost impossible. The thread lures you in, captures you, and doesn't want to let you go.
    Kind of like the Sirens, luring sailors to their demise (was going to say "death" but I didn't want to offend anyone).

I think Homer might have been a little psychic and foreseen these untowards events when he wrote, in The Odyssey:

Oh cease thy course, and listen to our lay!
    Blest Cursed is the man ordain'd our voice to hear,
    The song instructs the soul, and charms harms the ear.
    Approach! thy soul shall into raptures rise Hades descend!
    Approach! and learn new wisdom stuff from the wise!

Sure, I had to change a few words, but Homer was right ! In a way, sort of like Nostradamus. I'll check into that and see what he had to say about PFB's delivery woes and get back to you. :)

Come to think of it, Eric Clapton had a little to say about this way back in '67 at the Whiskey A Go Go.
    Sal Palooza
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    marketing genius.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,543
    dont care to guess what it is but I do care about the fireworks that happens at the end of this thread
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    +1 on the good luck
  • nooshinjohn
    How much would it be to send over 2 hot 20 yr old ladyboys in a 4 by 4 foot wooden shipping container? I would pay for the bottled water, bread and cat litter of course
    He said it, I just refuse to let him forget. >:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,220
    How much would it be to send over 2 hot 20 yr old ladyboys in a 4 by 4 foot wooden shipping container? I would pay for the bottled water, bread and cat litter of course
    He said it, I just refuse to let him forget. >:)

I assume he "smashed" them
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • polkfarmboy
    Nope speakers are smashed up due too shyity pack job! They..... used to be Martin Logan summit
  • polkfarmboy
    This guy put a pair of summit inside a huge box with nothing at the bottom. The legs have just poked straight through the box and one of the legs at the front has just snapped and demolished the cabinet. It's the sellers fault and not the shipping company.
  • polkfarmboy
    godby328w348.jpeg

Here is a .... snap!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    All this audio destruction is sad...
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• polkfarmboy
    I know and if you think about the full retail were talking about 19k of damage in a day.... That's the title of my upcoming Ebook.
  • Paradoxex
    Paradoxex Posts: 189
    This is terrifying stuff. What do you plan to do with those speakers now?
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Can they be repaired?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• nooshinjohn
    Seriously.... who did NOT see this coming?