I am "Blessed" to be alive!!

Options
Last Friday (Friday the 13th by the way) at 1:30am I was woken up by a excruciating chest pain (it felt like an elephant was literally sitting on me squashing my chest) accompanied with nausea. There is no way I could have shrugged this off as indigestion. Luckily I was alert & woke my wife up who immediately gave me an aspirin. She wanted to call 911 but I said to just take me the hospital, which is less than 10min away. I know, I know I should have just called 911.

Off we go, we pull up & were immediately greeted & the medical team were all over me. My head was spinning with all the activity. They quickly accessed that I was indeed having a heart attack. However there was one glitch, the hospital didn't have the heart trauma facilities that I needed immediately. In comes the ambulance and off to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Camden, NJ. This is the place one wants to be for heart trauma I soon learned.

Right into the Cath Lab we go, the Doctor & his team were called & were all there by the time I arrived. They literally wasted not a second, they got me on the table & explained what was happening. I was over so fast I couldn't believe it. My LAD (Left Anterior Descending) was 100% blocked & took 2 stents to take care of the issue. It wasn't until after the procedure & I was stable that I was fully aware of just how lucky I was.

I beat the "Widow Maker" as my heart attack is fittingly referred to. This is a big one as heart attacks go with an extremely low percentage survival rate. The Doctor explained just how lucky I was, I could have gone at any time.

Needless to say, someone (God, my Guardian Angels) were definitely looking out for me. I have no idea why I was spared buy I'm assuming my work here isn't finished just yet. I look at things in a whole new light now. So please heed the signs of having a heart attack (there are quite a few) not just a chest pain & don't second guess...just get medical attention immediately.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    WOW!!! Glad you're ok and yes after reading this I definitely won't second guess something like this.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Options
    I have a friend who was in the same situation,, you are indeed blessed!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Wow!! Kudos to the med team! Glad you made it through. Welcome back. Get better and give the missus a hug.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Glad it went well.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Very glad to hear a positive outcome! My wife came home from work early Sunday morning presenting "heart event" signs...off to the ER. After tests they could only tell us it was not a cardiac situation and we are still trying to determine just what happened.
    This must have been very scary for you and your spouse, I know it was for me with mine.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Amen to that ^^^^, glad you were able to get that help in time Phil.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    very happy for you.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    That's scary stuff, strikes down many and it seems at younger and younger ages! Glad you're still with us!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    Phil, glad to hear you are back alive and well after only a hair away from the other side.

Here's a toast to you to enjoy audio for many more years to come!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    Take those thinners, eat right and listen to your Drs. You are one of the lucky ones for sure!! Hope all works out!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Whoa...what a scary situation. Glad you made it and hope you're doing ok now Phil.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Glad your OK and one smart Lady there on the aspirin thing.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Close call, glad they were able to help you.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    You are blessed you beat the odds!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    So glad to hear you are ok Phil, you are Blessed.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Wow, glad you're OK.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    Holy cow! You are blessed indeed. I'm glad you came thru. o:)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Lucky man, second chance, make the most of it.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thank God for you being on the way to recovery, and blessings to your family as they see you through. And thanks to you sir for reminding all of us about what is truly important. May your recovery be complete and restorative. A big vacation to those places you dream about is in order I think.

I will be holding my wife a bit closer tonight.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Dang, dude, that's rough. Glad you are ok, though.

If you need anything, I'm right around the corner and I work from home now so I'm around all the time.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,555
    Options
    wow lucky guy!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Glad you are okay! This is a wake up call for all of us!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    Hey Phil, glad you're still with us. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Glad to hear you lived to tell the story. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    Options
    Yes you are very lucky man.Thank God for cath labs.I dodged a similar bullet a little over a year ago.I had a 95% blockage that was fixed with a stent.I did not have the severe pain until the actual procedure.It was the most unbearable hour + I have ever had.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Lessoned learned
    Happy you slammed the door on the Reaper

GL on recovery
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Phil you are a lucky man! Glad you are okay. I had a similar experience like that a few years ago. Turns out I had a spark plug wire not firing right in my heart. I got all upgraded to MIT wires though. So I'm good these days! ;)
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Wow glad to hear everything is OK now. Take it easy listen to your body and call 911 you're better off with a false alarm than seeing the light.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Dang Phil, you are a lucky man. Glad your still around. Count your blessings my friend.

BTW...does this mean I have to put back all your audio gear ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    You saved your life by going straight to the hospital instead of ignoring it or chalking it up to heartburn! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2