I am "Blessed" to be alive!!

Options
2»

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Phil, I am so glad for you and your family. I wish you a speedy recovery and lot's of life left to live. God Bless!

Carl

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Wow that's scary...glad to hear they got you taken care of. I pray the that you make a speedy recovery..God bless.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Glad you're alright.

Had the same 2 years ago this August. Didn't have any pain or discomfort in any part of my body. Just got dizzy and started sweating a lot.

Just letting others know that not everybody experiences the same warning signs. Doc told me had I waited very much longer, we wouldn't be having the conversation we had on the icu where I was recovering at.
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    Glad you recognised the signs and acted quickly. I never had any symptoms until I woke up with the 600 pound gorilla ripping my left arm out by the roots. My dad had been a heart patient for years and had multiple bottles of nitrostat around the house. Had I not had access to the nitro my pooch would have been screwed.

100% blockage both sides decending arteries. Double bypass. 10 years now and still have good ekg's. Listen to your doctors and you should be fine.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Wow Phil. Really happy you made it!
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    Glad you made it to the hospital in time and that you are alright
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Glad to hear Phil, I have also survived "The Widow Maker", one stent was all it took to get things right for me.

Watch yourself shaving for the next year, one little nick will turn into a gusher!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,004
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes on my recovery. This is one thing I always knew about the Polk forum...it is so much more than talking audio. It is friendships formed witout ever meeting in person. There is definitely a bond that forms & I am so blessed to be a part of that.

We might not agree on all audio topics but one things for sure, the friends I've met here will always be dear to my heart (no pun intended).

Sincerely,
    Phil
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Gald you're OK man....God bless.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Options
    Scary stuff. Glad you are ok. Wish you the best.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Very happy you had a happy outcome after your event. Live well!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,079
    Options
    Scary stuff for sure. Glad you're still alive and kicking so that you can finish the work you were put on earth to do.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    Wow. That was a close call. Glad to hear you are okay.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Phil - SO relieved to hear you pulled through this. I've been out of town for a couple days and just read this. Wishing you a quick recovery and many, MANY birthdays to come.

Take care of yourself.

-Al
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Sorry about the other day, Phil, I didn't recognize the number you called from. Been getting ton of spam calls lately from 856 area codes so I'm wary of picking up the phone anymore. I almost let it go to voicemail but something was telling me "You should answer that one."
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Glad you are OK and have a chance to recover. I was also lucky last summer and had a right lung full of fluid send me to the ER and they discovered I had one artery that was 90% blocked. I had bypass surgery in September and now with a renewed focus on taking care of myself I am in the best physical shape I have been in since I was 30. Do the cardio-rehab and get a good plan for getting and staying in shape.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    @pearsall001,

Glad you made it through that harrowing event.

Take care of yourself, and be thankful for your wife.

From one Phil to another, my wife saved my life in the ER five years ago. I had a severe gastrointestinal bleed, which the ER physician misdiagnosed. Only after I was taking my last gasp and my wife started screaming for help would anybody pay attention to my plight. When the physician finally did, he yelled "Code Blue," which I think meant I was on death's doorstep. Seven pints of blood later I was back in business -- that is, I regained consciousness.

Every day, now, I wake up and thank the Lord for two things: For my wife, who really does take care of me and for the fact that I am still vertical and breathing.

Hang in there, Phil, and be well!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Wow, that was scary. Glad your OK Phil. Get well soon.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,285
    Options
    [quote=Needless to say, someone (God, my Guardian Angels) were definitely looking out for me. I have no idea why I was spared but I'm assuming my work here isn't finished just yet. I look at things in a whole new light now. [/quote]

Good attitude to have, Mr. Phil. You were given a gift, and you're making the most of it.

Winning the Powerball would be a nice gift, too (as mentioned occasionally to the Big Guy Upstairs), but you have to play the hand you're dealt, and you're doing that quite well. Plug n Chug. :)

Sal Palooza