FS: Polk LS 90 Oak with Upgraded X-overs

Options
Purchased them off the forum here...http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2179332#Comment_2179332

I like them a lot. If the wife would have let me run them with the grill covers off, they would still be in my main rig. They sound outstanding, open, dynamic etc...with solid bass with the grill covers off. Putting them back on mellows the sound slightly, but IMO puts a veil over the sound.

They are in beautiful condition. Upgraded crossovers according to Keith (see linked thread).

I would like to keep them for the man-room to swap out with the SDA2a's, but the only way I could get my new PSB's is if I promised the wife I would sell the ones I had, so here they are.

Local pickup only, or I could potentially drive a bit to meet. Paypal or cash only. I reserve the right of sale to a member in good standing.

Ask any questions.

$350

Thanks,
Paul
2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    clhhcii77vhj.jpeg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • hochpt21
    Options
    wyb1bl1vuwqc.jpeg
  • hochpt21
    Options
    9j01op4u96tq.jpeg
    ewl1he77h336.jpeg
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Location? I would assume near Twin Cities if you got them from Geppy? GLWYS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    He is in Wisconsin
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Correct.

Wisconsin Dells, WI
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,652
    Options
    Gorgeous speakers. GLWS. I love mine. Looked for oak forever but ended up with black. Mine aren't going anywhere soon...
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Wow, the Dells? Dang, you're almost around the corner! GLWTS, nice speakers!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • hochpt21
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Wow, the Dells? Dang, you're almost around the corner! GLWTS, nice speakers!

Where are you?
  • smglbrth
    Options
    Prairie Du Chien area...
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Well hello neighbor - ish...lol. :)
  • smglbrth
    Options
    Ya, I hear ya. Around 2 hours is still closer than anyone else I can think of on here though...
  • erniejade
    Options
    I have personally hear this set of speakers. They have nice solid bass. Great seller!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • factorz
    factorz Posts: 353
    Options
    I guess we are all neighbors since I am just South of you in Milwaukee.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    And I'm just north in the central part of the state. Lol
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Lets all get together and do a live auction. Bidding starts at a dollar. :)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    I'm in for $5. :)
  • erniejade
    Options
    $5 and a Portillos Italian Beef and 1 PBR.
    Folks, you can make this a family vacation weekend. Hit up a water park and pick up the speakers on the way home.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    These are gorgeous! What's the word on Polk fest this year? I'm close to the mother ship and could wait until that happens if we could arrange a polkie express ride for these beauties. Payment up front of course.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I would be good with that if we could make it work. I could get them to around the Madison WI area.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    I always loved the LS series. I remember seeing/hearing a pair (smaller ones I believe) when in college. And that's where my Polk journey began...

GLWTS Paul! Dave, hope you're able to make something work.
  • hochpt21
    Options
    bump
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    Options
    I think you should keep them.... one of your kids HAS to have a B-day coming up... build "them" a little system for their room...

Bet they take "Let it Go" to a WHOLE nother level sound quality wise :mrgreen:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Well, my oldest turned 6 yesterday...sooo. Not a bad idea...LOL.

I'm assuming it's not the price that's delaying the sale but the lack of available buyers in the area..
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I think you should keep them.... one of your kids HAS to have a B-day coming up... build "them" a little system for their room...

Oh, and my kid came home the other day and says, "Dad, have you ever heard this song?" And proceeds to sing I Love Rock And Roll. So we are out of the frozen stage :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited June 2016
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Well, my oldest turned 6 yesterday...sooo. Not a bad idea...LOL.

I'm assuming it's not the price that's delaying the sale but the lack of available buyers in the area..
    hochpt21 wrote: »

Oh, and my kid came home the other day and says, "Dad, have you ever heard this song?" And proceeds to sing I Love Rock And Roll. So we are out of the frozen stage :)

There ya go. Gets them where they are used by someone who will enjoy them....

I'm also guessing its location rather than the item.

Set him up with a vintage AVR, a DragonFly (the new version thats 100$ that works with iOS & Android stuff) and a tablet/ipod capable of pandora/spotify/tidal and he'd be rocking out in style...

Or even an old squeezebox classic so he can stream it all direct and control with a cheap tablet...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Kinda funny my sons 9th birthday was yesterday. I too have a set of 90's. Good luck with the sale.
  • erniejade
    Options
    I am still suprised they are still here. The crossover mods have been done and the speakers sound great!. Maybe throw them on the Chicago craigslist.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    Options
    Interested...
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • mopar paul
    mopar paul Posts: 277
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    Interested...
    Hey sir don't you have enough speakers lol?!! Do you still have that storage building full?