Beautiful Polk LS 90 floorstanding speakers OAK w xover upgrade

Options
FS My beautiful Polk LS 90 floorstanding speakers in oak with crossovers upgraded. The speakers are in excellent condition and work perfectly. There is some dust on the grills. The crossover caps and resistors have been upgraded . All drivers are in great shape. They are extremely well built and well braced. These were top of Polk's line from 1992 to around 1996 and sold for $1600 new. They are very attractiove and do not take up much room They weigh around 70lbs and are about 40 inches tall. Response goes down to 35HZ . They have a slightly warm and inviting sound with a very smooth top end. Asking $349 or BO Local pickup Twin Cities PM for pictures Thanks

Comments

• ken brydson
    Options
    Nice deal on some awesome speakers. GLWS!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Very_ nice price especially with the x over upgrade on them! The LS90's are some nice sounding speakers, I've got 2 pairs of them running. ;) These should move fast ,GLWTS!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,871
    Options
    I didn't know these came in oak. Are they natural oak or painted black?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
  • geppy1
    Options
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,052
    Options
    I would buy them if these were local to me. Great deal.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I would too ! Then I would have 4 of them too. Mine don't have an upgrade and I rate mine VERY high on my best sounding speakers I have ever owned.

GLWTS... Very worthy of a road trip for somebody !!!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,966
    Options
    I would buy them if these were local to me. Great deal.
    Copy that.....great seller too!!! Keith is top notch...

• Polkie2009
    Options
    If someone is still sitting on the fence on these, you 'll rarely find them at a better price, plus these have had the crossovers upgraded .
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    PM sent
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    The LS90 are one of the best sounding Polk speakers in my opinion.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hochpt21
    Options
    payment sent
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    Congrats on the 90's Paul. I think you'll really like them. I love mine. I was on a quest for a pair in oak forever. Ended up finding some in black at a price couldn't pass up...
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Thank you @geppy

!!!!!
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Congrats guys on this heck of a deal. Paul, I think you'll be very happy with the LS90's, I've got a pair of the oak ones like yours and a pair in the rosewood coating. Enjoy! :)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Did any more things fall off the walls with them? They have some darn good bass! Anyone listening to a set with the covers on, DON'T. Night and day difference with the covers off.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Polkie2009
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You are so right Ernie. I've been using my LS90's for side surround duty and I tried one side with cover on and one side with the cover off. Definitely makes more impact with the cover off. So I now runn both covers off.
  • geppy1
    Options
    They sound more open with the grill off yet image stays fairly tight.
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    I used to use LS50's for side surrounds and I had the covers off of them also. Scared the heck out of a friend one time watching some horror show when all of a sudden in the movie there was a big bang come from the right channel. The LS50's have a port on the front and when that big bang hit , the speaker shot out a big gush of air from the speaker, right at him. Lol, that guy jumped about a foot , he didn't know what the heck had happened for a second. Wish I had had it on camera. :p
  • hochpt21
    Options
    I could hardly believe the difference with the grilles. I've not noticed that significant of a difference with any other speaker.
  • geppy1
    Options
    I had a set of VS VR2s that did this but the image was tighter with the grills on but more open with them off. Pick your poison. I also found that to my ears it helped to put some fill in the port on the 90s Opened up the midrange
  • hochpt21
    Options
    What did you use to fill the port?
    @geppy1
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    @geppy1

Gym socks...
  • geppy1
    Options
    Just some poly fill from some old Polks Just a little loose roll. Or what he said would work.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    edited November 2015
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    @geppy1

You dont want to know.... :wink:

I would be curious how they would stack up next to my RTA 11TL's bass wise....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Govstate
    Govstate Posts: 22
    Options
    did these sell?
  • geppy1
    Options
  • hochpt21
    Options
    Yes :)