Anyone into Boating?

Just pulling the trigger on a new Pontoon for the Spring guys. Anyone else playing on the water? Starcraft SLS3 (24 ft) with a Honda BF200 hp motor. I'm stoked.

On another note , hope all of you are great and in excellent spirits. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I always tend to check in when I'm traveling.

g6d2p1cpoh58.jpeg

n0mqwjc1iogc.jpeg

Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580

Comments

• fraydog07
    fraydog07 Posts: 36
    My brothers and I bought a new boat last year! It's a Mastercraft x20. Good for Wakesurfing! bbq7x6pxzwk4.jpg
    (Main) Yamaha rx a3040, Emotiva XPA-5, 2X Polk Audio RTIA9, Definitive Technology Mythos 10, 2X Polk Audio M20, Klipsch RW12d, 55in LG led TV with color changing accent lights behind.
    (Zone 2) Athena Technology AS-F2 100 inch elite fixed screen with led accent lights. Epson 1040 projector.
    (Zone 3, outside deck) 2X Definitive Technology AW6500.
    (Bedroom) Kenwood receiver, 2X Polk Audio Monitor 75t.
  • fraydog07
    2nzqm4wgk0er.jpg
    (Main) Yamaha rx a3040, Emotiva XPA-5, 2X Polk Audio RTIA9, Definitive Technology Mythos 10, 2X Polk Audio M20, Klipsch RW12d, 55in LG led TV with color changing accent lights behind.
    (Zone 2) Athena Technology AS-F2 100 inch elite fixed screen with led accent lights. Epson 1040 projector.
  • fraydog07
    y1605r571vtj.jpg
  • fraydog07
    ekbay6yln0wx.jpg
    Our old Mastercraft x2, and our new x20!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Grew up on sailboats. My dad bought his first 32ft Douglas when I was a teen. He recently sold it when he bought a 36ft Catalina. The past couple years I have not gone very much but this year we plan on going every second weekend. The boat is on Lake Ontario as the rivers and lakes around here are just too small.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I AM JEALOUS. I would love to be an "on the water" guy, but 1 downfall of Arizona life, is lack of lakes. I'm still trying to talk bev into retiring somewhere we can be on a lake as I also love bass fishing. Very cool pontoon.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice party boat man, congrats. Can we have a mini Polkfest on it to break it in ?

That Mastercraft is also sweet, they make a nice boat. Throwing the throttle down and those puppy's will knock you backwards big time. Lucky dudes both of you.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    Those Mastercrafts definitely look nice, but I sure hate the hell out of them when I'm trying to relax, fish and enjoy some cold beers on the bass boat. They put those ballast tanks or whatever in there to throw off bigger wake than 50' yachts. That wake pounding the shoreline along the lakes is really speeding up the erosion too...

But, have fun. Guess that's what it's all about. Although once I get over that damn wake I'll blow by you on the top end.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • steveinaz
    Nice Bass Pete!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    If any of you are in the Charlotte area you're welcome to tag along.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Sherardp wrote: »

Uh-oh you may have a big foot sighting
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Did you wind up on Wylie or Mountain Island?

And Ron......middle finger...... :p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

lightman1 wrote: »

Did you wind up on Wylie or Mountain Island?

And Ron......middle finger...... :p

I told you so :p;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    My wife and I hang out with a friend on his custom built 63ft Carver yacht at Lake of the Ozarks now and then and we have talked about getting a house boat and making port somewhere on the Mississippi but having just bought our house last year, we are focusing on that for now.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • steveinaz
    Ahhh Lake of the Ozarks....my old stomping grounds. We still try to go every year. We have been regulars at Mallard Point for over 40yrs!!!!
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    That's a beautiful boat sherard, I would lose all my friends first trip, anybody spills somethin, ill kill ya, anybody puts their nasty feet up, ill kill ya, fard on the seat, ill kill ya.

For what its worth, I would take a pontoon boat any day, cruising along instead of racin along.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • tonyb
    Lighten up Francis.....it's all vinyl and cleans up easily. :)

All you really need to do to insure proper behavior on the boat is to leave in plain view a rope and a couple cinder blocks. Nuthin' more need be said.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    Just pulling the trigger on a new Pontoon for the Spring guys. Anyone else playing on the water? Starcraft SLS3 (24 ft) with a Honda BF200 hp motor. I'm stoked.

On another note , hope all of you are great and in excellent spirits. It's been awhile since I've been on here. I always tend to check in when I'm traveling.

g6d2p1cpoh58.jpeg

n0mqwjc1iogc.jpeg

Great boats, room to walk around and you can still fish... I haven't owned a boat in years done to the location I live but I rent one every year when we go on vacation and the family goes for the pontoon most years as they are so much more comfortable... You made a great choice.
    Cheers
  • Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501
    Here's a picture of my vessel
    io86a4ivwhhj.jpeg

She's going in next week.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • steveinaz
    This is just painful. Can I go skipper?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    steveinaz wrote: »

For a 3 hour tour? .....
  • tonyb

How does a guy who loves boats and fishing wind up in the middle of the desert ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2016
    tonyb wrote: »

How does a guy who loves boats and fishing wind up in the middle of the desert ? :)

For all the awesomeness of S Az; year-round motorcycle riding, hiking, camping, shooting, atv'ing, bicycling.....lakes are far and few between. We have 2 small lakes within an hour of us (Patagonia and Parker Canyon), but they are "ponds" by Missouri standards. Then...4.5hrs away is Roosevelt Lake, which is big, but there's only boat ramps---no docks, and the only way to be on the lake is either tent camping or RV'ing.
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475

For all the awesomeness of S Az; year-round motorcycle riding, hiking, camping, shooting, atv'ing, bicycling.....lakes are far and few between. We have 2 small lakes within an hour of us (Patagonia and Parker Canyon), but they are "ponds" by Missouri standards. Then...4.5hrs away is Roosevelt Lake, which is big, but there's only boat ramps---no docks, and the only way to be on the lake is either tent camping or RV'ing.

So what's the answer to tonyb's question? Curious minds would like to know.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Three Packard 12 cyl gasoline engines...1500 HP each..three shaft..How is that for a power plant guys?..
  • tonyb
    footwedge wrote: »

I know the answer.....

He married Calamity Jane.......Bev can shoot the eyes off a Lizard at 50 yards riding side saddle. What do you do with that in a boat ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I know the answer.....

He married Calamity Jane.......Bev can shoot the eyes off a Lizard at 50 yards riding side saddle. What do you do with that in a boat ? :)

I'd never let a horse on my boat...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I know the answer.....

I'd never let a horse on my boat...

.....or a woman who sports a Colt 45.....holes and boats don't mix. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    edited May 2016
    footwedge wrote: »

I know the answer.....

In my neck of the woods we take gals with those skills gator hunting.