Low to Mid grade cables for new LSiM703's? (Current ones are homebuilt)

Options

Comments

• notified
    notified Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm going to try this again EARLIER I came across a you tube video that has a sit down discussion with 5 of the major cable makers that addressed a lot of the issues debated on this subject. For you audiophiles it has a excellent cheap idea to improve your snd with just the use of a soldering iron at the end But again most refused to take a look before inciting rude comments before inspecting its value to this ongoing debate.
    FURTHERMORE and PERHAPS its just my computer but it seems like my initial post has been Deleted WITHOUT any JUSTIFICATION offered, Anyway with that said if it so happens any one would like to become a little more educated on this subject it can be found by typing RMAF10 the SNAKE PIT: CABLES AND WIRES EXPLAINED in the YOU TUBE search bar
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    notified wrote: »
    FURTHERMORE and PERHAPS its just my computer but it seems like my initial post has been Deleted WITHOUT any JUSTIFICATION offered, Anyway with that said if it so happens any one would like to become a little more educated on this subject it can be found by typing RMAF10 the SNAKE PIT: CABLES AND WIRES EXPLAINED in the YOU TUBE search bar

You flew too close to the sun!
    That simply will not be tolerated.

Can someone link me to that Hotdog video on youtube???
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Not to incite the conspiracy theorist but K_M reminds me of Monk...and it is a little fishy that K_M, reversed is M_K...and the underscore can be manipulated into an ON and thus results in MONK.

giphy.gif
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • notified
    Options
    K_M wrote: »

Care to elaborate on your reasoning behind that statement, And WHAT is it exactly that wont be tolerated
  • K_M
    Options

Care to elaborate on your reasoning behind that statement, And WHAT is it exactly that wont be tolerated

No idea, I was in "Snarky humor mode" :)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • lightman1
    Options
    6lkz7mb2urxr.gif
    Not hot dogs, but cool dogs on the dancefloor.
  • K_M
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    rs11sjllg75q.gif
    Is this it, KM?

That looks like that dude, from breaking bad.....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Not to incite the conspiracy theorist but K_M reminds me of Monk...and it is a little fishy that K_M, reversed is M_K...and the underscore can be manipulated into an ON and thus results in MONK.

Agreed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ray, don't expect anything close to a reasoned response here because it will not be forthcoming.

lmao....

Notified,

Youtube lesson ? Seriously ? Audio is about sharing your experiences, not claiming others as your own when you have none. Too many internet Einsteins with nothing under their belts to form their own opinions.

Tonyb I'm beginning to pity you!!,
    I assume from your reaction you haven't even taken the time to watch the video before ignorantly stating your uneducated opinion on it!
    As a example of your incredible audacity you state "audio is about sharing" This is exactly what this group of professionals were doing in relation to their field in the audio genre,
    furthermore you go on to state "I claim others as my own" HOW THE HELL do you derive at that conclusion?
    I found a very relevant discussion on the net pertaining to this much debated topic and posted in [a semi sarcastic humorous way]that perhaps something could be learned by listening to professionals in their related field of study
    Dear sir just were DO YOU GET OFF claiming I suggest Their opinions are my own!! Thats so ludicrous in its context that it makes absolutely no sense!!
    and again may I point out that I never offered my opinion on the subject I'M just another student on the road to seek enlightenment!
    As for your BIGOTED "internet Einsteins" comment let me remind you although there is unfortunately a huge amount of fluff and misinformation on it. It was conceived as a means to share pernitive information and when you look in the right places you will find a wealth of wisdom to that regard!!,ie medical data scientific data, etc, posted by prominent universities and professionals not to mention major library's have their catalogues being added daily just to site another example.And this information is available worldwide!!
    In conclusion and I've said this before to you and apologized as it with given in the wrong context but however in this instant it proves duly warranted -"Sometimes you have to remove your head from your **** before you realize that your s--t stinks!! Perhaps if you'd spend less time engaging in your polk troll pastime and more time spent in the pursuit of knowledge that recommendation may not be necessary

Nothing bigoted in my assertions. The internet, as you say, is full of misinformation and very good information. Which ones we attach ourselves to is telling, especially with no experience or further investigation.

My internet Einstein comment was meant in general. Far too many times we get the same Youtube this or that, the same Russell report posted. Most times from those who have formed an opinion already and are looking to substantiate it, all with no experience in the first place to base an opinion on.....and that's usually the point now isn't it ?

In all honesty though, I did not watch the video. Don't really care to no matter what it states. I much prefer what my ears tell me, than what others say my ears must or must not hear.

I also never assumed my sh&t don't stink, but I can tell you this.....NEVER in all the years we have been on this forum, handed out advice to those who seek it, has anyone ever come back and said their musical enjoyment has not expanded. That somehow the advice myself or any of the other good members here have handed out was garbage. That alone is telling of the quality members we have here and the willingness to help others on their audio path. We don't have to agree on everything, but we do need to indulge in conversation with the goal of better audio in mind. Better audio sometimes goes above your pay grade, and mine too, doesn't mean it's of no consequence though.

Again, my comments were in general, not aimed at any specific one person. Just a passing statement in surprise to your posting of a Youtube video in a cable debate thread. If I offended you, my apologies, but for future reference, maybe send me a PM to determine my intent before going off the deep end.

I probably should have worded my response better too in order for you to separate my intentions. For that I'll take my kick in the arse for.
    Post edited by tonyb on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    Options
  • ROHfan
    ROHfan Posts: 1,014
    Options
    I <3 Tonyb.

I saw him first.
    TV: 65" Samsung QLED 4K
    Fronts: Energy RC70 --- Center: Energy RC-LCR
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Pioneer VSX-1120K --- Parasound HCA-1000A --- Oppo BDP-103
    Vincent Audio SA31 preamp --- Teac UD301 DAC
    AIYIMA Tube T7 preamp --- Nobsound 12AX7 tube preamplifier
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Well, that wouldn't be surprising, considering Monk's sick obsession with this forum and its members...but...how can you tell any of them apart since they all spew the same basic rants and misinformation?

Demented - driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.
    https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=iw&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=demented

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Watch out DK, you know how they all seem to stalk you! I think they are all related!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Beware....K_M=Kiley Kamen=Kelly Marks
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • notified
    Options
    Don't know quite how to respond to people such as yourself so I'll try to take your statements as they came
    1- you say your internet comment was generalized but in fact was applied in a context relating to my post.This led me to use the term bigoted as in "the man was so small minded and bigoted as to the possible benefits of the information derived from the internet that he was determined to publicly belittle its source before investigating its validity.
    2-Your next comment is somewhat ambiguous In its generalization it merits some attention in the regard that it implies:- if one refuses look further than your initial information source you run the risk of misinformed ignorance when further investigation proves to be more factual,However when coupled with the no experience comment it becomes rather flippant
    But again since we are discussing it in relation to my post so its relevance to the context is unwarranted and bigamist since you took no time to view its contents before stating your biased opinions
    3-As for your Einstein statement Well my response to that is covered in my '"man was so small" analogy. And that is the point now isn't it?
    As to your 3rd paragraph -That comes as a disservice to yourself as you may have been able to understand some of the technical merits of the advise you are so eager to give out!
    To your 4th paragraph may I point out your advise in response to my post and I quote--"you tube lesson? Seriously? Audio is about sharing experiences,NOT claiming others as your own when you have none,To many internet Einsteins with nothing under their belts to form their own opinions"
    Reading that I can only assume the intended insult in "claiming others and you have none' remark.And I found it was with more contention and implied ignorance towards me in the Einstein comment, Which proved insulting since you couldn't even be bothered to check the validity of its content before doling out you opinion of it in complete ignorance
    Anyway I'll attempt to take your apology in earnest but I'm however left to question its honesty in intention.Perhaps in the future you could show some contemplation before bluntly expressing your opinions!
    As for your suggestion to pm you before going to the deep end Well it may be good advise but had you applied that to yourself when you went into a political tirade over my misuse of the phrase progressivism in another thread, I wouldn't need to point out how hypocritical it is of you to say!
    To close on a note about cable debates If you have no basis of technical merit in relation to their use it can only come down to a he said she said debate,And in that regard irregardless of your years of listening experience the only valid statement that can be suggested is- IMO they change the presentation of the sound in the following manner,,,,, and leave it at that!

Notified,

Youtube lesson ? Seriously ? Audio is about sharing your experiences, not claiming others as your own when you have none. Too many internet Einsteins with nothing under their belts to form their own opinions.[/quote]

Nothing bigoted in my assertions. The internet, as you say, is full of misinformation and very good information. Which ones we attach ourselves to is telling, especially with no experience or further investigation.

My internet Einstein comment was meant in general. Far too many times we get the same Youtube this or that, the same Russell report posted. Most times from those who have formed an opinion already and are looking to substantiate it, all with no experience in the first place to base an opinion on.....and that's usually the point now isn't it ?

In all honesty though, I did not watch the video. Don't really care to no matter what it states. I much prefer what my ears tell me, than what others say my ears must or must not hear.

I also never assumed my sh&t don't stink, but I can tell you this.....NEVER in all the years we have been on this forum, handed out advice to those who seek it, has anyone ever come back and said their musical enjoyment has not expanded. That somehow the advice myself or any of the other good members here have handed out was garbage. That alone is telling of the quality members we have here and the willingness to help others on their audio path. We don't have to agree on everything, but we do need to indulge in conversation with the goal of better audio in mind. Better audio sometimes goes above your pay grade, and mine too, doesn't mean it's of no consequence though.

Again, my comments were in general, not aimed at any specific one person. Just a passing statement in surprise to your posting of a Youtube video in a cable debate thread. If I offended you, my apologies, but for future reference, maybe send me a PM to determine my intent before going off the deep end.

I probably should have worded my response better too in order for you to separate my intentions. For that I'll take my kick in the arse for.[/quote]

• lightman1
    Options
    Who wants to see the dancing chicken again?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Who wants to see the dancing chicken again?

How about a dancing frog...

...SHOW TIME!!!!
    https://youtu.be/MsROL4Kf8QY
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    hey where's that Ravioli dude????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    Options
    Chef Boyardi or Tonyb??
    They might be one in the same. Funny how you never see both of them together in the same place...?????...
  • F1nut
    Options
    SPEAKER CABLES MATTER

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• notified
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    SPEAKER CABLES MATTER

And with the right information you may come to find out why
  • F1nut
    Options
    Too late, I already know.

President of Club Polk

• notified
    Options
    At least some do,I'm beginning to regret trying to help others after the load of crap I had to endure!!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Don't know quite how to respond to people such as yourself...

Learning how to use the quote function would be a good place to start. ;)
    I'm beginning to regret trying to help others after the load of crap I had to endure!!

One of the nice things about the Internet is how easy it is to just walk (browse) away.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • notified
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DarqueKnight - ya its been rather trying, trying to figure that out.Problem is once you hit the post your stuck with needing to leave something in the field .No help is offered in the search bar, Perhaps you could offer your assistance along with the criticism?
  • notified
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [quote="xLax7[/quote]

Endurance builds confidence. Now have a tissue and some S A U S A G E !

I'm somewhat impressed that quote you gave was actually the first intelligent thing you've expressed so far! Pity you had to follow it up with such a witless attempt at humor

This discussion has been closed.