Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk SDA's Monitors..

Comments

• mgsimmer
    mgsimmer Posts: 16
    Hi Larry,
    I need a set of rings for my Monitor 5As. Will any of these work?
    The drivers were originally MW6500s but may be changed to MW6516s.
  • mgsimmer
    mgsimmer Posts: 16
    mgsimmer wrote: »
    Hi Larry,
    I need a set of rings for my Monitor 5As. Will any of these work?
    The drivers were originally MW6500s but may be changed to MW6516s.

I'm guessing that the ones used for the Monitor 7s will work? Unless the rings include rings for both the drivers and prs? I really only want rings for the drivers...
  • jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    On my second ring installation (right speaker) into my 3.1TLs, I discovered that there is an overlap between the tweeter rings and the 6" rings above and below it. So one of the rings won't lie flat against the inside of the soundboard. I intend to grind down the overlap with a belt sander, but does anyone think it worthwhile to fix the rings I already installed in the left speaker?

Jim
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Just break off the round ends of the tweeter brackets and use those for the tweeters. Larry is a very smart guy, he designed them to break off if need be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    Thanks F1nut.

Then I guess I could have left the hurricane nuts in place.

Jim

5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • GSXSRT4
    GSXSRT4 Posts: 43
    I have a newb question. Price is for a pair of speakers or priced individually?
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Pair..

Does this mean you're still taking orders :)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    I still have some, depending on what you need..
  • monepolk
  • monepolk
    If you decide to make a set for the SDA 1.2TL let me know. I would love to have a set.
  • Toolfan66
    As soon as I get time to do a count on what I have, I will update here, and those of you that have PM'ed me..

Thanks for being patient...
  • monepolk
    edited July 2016
    No problem, I'm enjoying listening to them now. One member did the tweeter upgrade another the crossovers I might as well add the rings.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    As soon as I get time to do a count on what I have, I will update here, and those of you that have PM'ed me..

Thanks for being patient...

Thank you for the update.
  • lbcgav
    lbcgav Posts: 23
    If you're still making these, I'll take a set for a pair of SRS 2's.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Amazing that all these years later. The ubiquitous Larry's Rings are still the must have of upgrades.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Guys I'm trying to get some things together here, but we have been very busy... Hopefully soon...
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Larry, put me down for a set for the 2.3 TL please.

If you have tweeter brackets as well then I will need 8 total....6 for 2.3TL, and 2 for the 2B TL.

Thanks.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Hey Larry ,Full set needed for SDA SRS including tweets ,speaker con plate and crossover plate.
    Thanks
  • Toolfan66
    Just to clear things up, I have had quite the demand lately for the rings, I don't want any of you thinking I'm not seeing this, or not hearing you..

Just so you all know, the shop is slammed at the moment, as well we will be moving the business starting next week, this will be a huge deal for us trying to keep production going as well as moving equipment, we have been preparing for the move the last few weeks as well..

So to sum it all up, it will be a few weeks before I can jump in the ring so to speak..

Hope this helps, and hope you all can wait for a few, but I will get to them...

Thank you...
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    Thanks for the update. Good Luck with the move.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    edited March 2017
    Guys the tool man has a ton on his plate at the moment. It may be sometime before he steps up to do another run. In the meantime go with hurricane nuts.
  • Toolfan66
    He's right, I do have a lot going on right now, and as far as my projects I'm using it as a means to keep my mind busy, I realized I needed something to keep me busy outside work..
  • Hi - just signed up here for this request specifically - Larry - I need a set for 2.3tl's Pahleeeze! Thanks - Dave
  • luccas88
    luccas88 Posts: 1
    Dear Larry, would like to reserve for 1 set for 2.3TL. Thanks so much!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    WOW one post and BANNED now that folks is a new record >:)

Wow
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I saw his avatar, which I'm sure is why he is now banned. So, instead of reaching out to the newbie and explaining why his avatar isn't acceptable he gets banned. This is going to keep a customer how???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    F1nut wrote: »
    I saw his avatar, which I'm sure is why he is now banned. So, instead of reaching out to the newbie and explaining why his avatar isn't acceptable he gets banned. This is going to keep a customer how???

are you serious ? double WOW
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    It certainly is not a comon sense approach. Why not put something like "N/A" in the avatar area and let him stay active.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA