Driver/Speaker rings for your vintage Polk SDA's Monitors..

Comments

• hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    edited January 2016
    I need tweeter brackets and binding post brackets for sda srs 2.3tl and sda-crs please.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    I will update you guys tonight, the 3.1's will be no problem..
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    When you get the chance pm the total and I will send the money to you.
    Thanks Larry!
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Still have a few rings, and tweeter brackets left, let me know what you need and I will let you know if I can cover it..

I could use a pair of tweeter rings if you have any left by now. Please let me know the price.

Jim
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • Funds sent. Thank you Larry! Now I have complete sets for both pairs of my SDA's. YOU ROCK!!!
  • dkfreebird
    Payment sent,one more set to install and I hope I'm done for a while. :)
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Toolfan66
    Will update what I have left soon..
  • Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Still have a few rings, and tweeter brackets left, let me know what you need and I will let you know if I can cover it..

Larry, I'd love a set of tweeter brackets if they're available, and if they'll work with peerless tweets. Thanks

• waxman
    waxman Posts: 124
    I'm just now installing the rings on my 2.3TLs. Ran into the following when installing the passive radiator ring.

I drilled and installed the ring for the passive radiator, and the threaded barrels of the rings protrude from the surface of the speaker lip a little bit. That's going to defeat the purpose of the rings because I won't be able to crank down on the screws to get a nice airtight seal between the radiator and the lip. Suggestions? Common?a8lalrzbyks2.jpg
    vdum17cy7hso.jpg
    AA.JPG 96.2K
    BB.JPG 71.9K
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited January 2016
    Why is your bezel so thin? That's crazy. You could put washers on the backside under every thread? Maybe put the "guide" ring in between, would that make it thick enough?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • waxman
    edited January 2016
    the bezel steps down on both of my channels to fit the PR, which from all accounts from the first owner are virgin/untouched. They left the factory this way. The driver bezel depth area is much thicker.

Re thoughts- I could use the template to thicken it up a bit, but then I'd need a second for my left channel PR. Maybe Larry has a spare template?
  • Nightfall
    edited January 2016
    Does putting the guide ring on the back side between the bezel and the actual ring work? If it does and your other speaker is the same PM me and I will get you a second guide ring.

• waxman
    Hi Nightfall. Yes, adding the template ring brings the stanchions down to flush with the lip. PMing about to go out. thank you!
  • Nightfall
    Okay so I'm an idiot. You have 15" PRs, I have a 12" guide ring. I am sure somebody will either have their leftover guide ring or another idea to help you out. Sorry for the idiocy, it's getting late and I'm tired.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I answered your issue in your other thread. Just cut a little off each post. Simple.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Can you grind them flush and chase the thread with a bolt?

image_21332.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited January 2016
    F1nut wrote: »
    I answered your issue in your other thread. Just cut a little off each post. Simple.
    This ^^^^ use black marker to mark then grind down a little. Had to do same with my sda1
    Do not try to grind down installed take out
  • waxman
    I have my doubts about a dremel given the stand-offs are steel, so will have to see if my angle grinder still works. Anyone off-hand know the size and pitch of the screws? My tap and die set is very limited.
  • pitdogg2
    edited January 2016
    should be on box Larry sent, at least it was on my set. Do yourself a favor and trim to just below the surface 1/16 or so you still want to be able to get it tight enough.
  • F1nut
    I speak from first hand experience...again. A cut off wheel on your Dremel with work perfectly. The thread is 8-32.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    F1nut wrote: »
    I speak from first hand experience...again. A cut off wheel on your Dremel with work perfectly. The thread is 8-32.

yes mine was also 8-32 and yes a dremel will work I used both a angle grinder but my Dremel with the heavy duty cut off with the fiberglass on both side worked wonders and was way less cumbersome

I didn't want to say 8-32 and then this time Larry got a good deal on a metric pitch bolt...
  • F1nut
    IMO, using an angle grinder for this job would be like using a sledge hammer to drive in a thumb tack.

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    edited January 2016
    Listen to what Jesse is saying, I had the same issue on mine, not sure why some of the passives are deeper on some than others, but this is only like the forth time I have seen this, and one set was mine...

You shouldn't need to re-tap the hole as the top of the hardware is more like a tube, just de-burr the hole, and all should be good..

You would be better off using a file than an angle grinder..
  • waxman
    Got them done. My dremel/wheel combo was overmatched, but rather than use an angle grinder, I used a air powered cut off wheel (3" diameter) which worked well, then a file to fine tune, then chased with the tap (a few had some shavings in the hole). Fit great now. Thanks for the suggestions. uxjpfvvklfmf.jpg
    gwug27dcd9kl.jpg
  • F1nut
    Excellent.

President of Club Polk

• elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    If there are any tweeter brackets and binding post rings I'd dig a pair of each for my CRS's. Thank you!
  • Larry,

Could I get a set of rings for Monitor 7's?

Thanks!
  • dkfreebird
    I got my box of goodies today,thanks again Larry for doing this for everyone!
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• I'd like a set for SDA SRS 2 s.

Thanks!
  • Got mine too. Thanks Larry!