Vive La France!

Options

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I certainly don't know who was behind this, but my initial guess is the Syrian refugees are a future problem.

Apparently one of the bombers was a refugee. That was fast.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/europe/paris-attacks-passports/index.html
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »
    You feel we illigally invaded Iraq after they invaded Kuait and we have it coming to us huh? The terror organizations are justified in their actions because of ours?
    You mentioned that the French are our allies so where were these allies when we were in Iraq?
    Why didn't they join us there?

We didnt need any help in Iraq. There is represention from all of NATO in the Middle East.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    This is going to get ugly.
    Angels on the sideline,
    Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
    Eden has enough to go around?
    Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
    Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
    Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
    Over pieces of the ground.
    Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
    They forge a blade,
    And where there's one
    they're bound to divide it,
    Right in two.
    Right in two.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
    Over pieces of the ground.

I only wish this fight were "over pieces of the ground."
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,390
    Options
    Second terrorist confirmed as a refugee....and we are allowing 200,000 of them over the course of the next two years into America? That's not sad, that's scary.

If you notice, there are no women and children either. All grown men.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it must be.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    edited November 2015
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it must be.....

Tom

But that's not politically correct and would be racial profiling, lets strip search grandma instead

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Evil opposition needs to be met with even more opposition. I get it, I served my country myself. It's just a shame that it has to come to that at all. I don't think there's anybody that would disagree with that.

• treitz3
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    <snip> lets strip search grandma instead
    Okay, that's a mental image I could have done without. LOL

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Evil opposition needs to be met with even more opposition. I get it, I served my country myself. It's just a shame that it has to come to that at all. I don't think there's anybody that would disagree with that.

Yes it does suk, because there are lots of innocent people these cowards hide behind. There is not an efficient way to handle these people.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• treitz3
    Options
    12193503_1276168932408706_2086458526339458754_n.jpg?oh=7ff9ea0a0d5612d6bc3b4ac0081d9eb5&oe=56F686EB

Tom
  • oldmodman
    Options
    What do you call a Country that has a weapon in it's inventory and refuses to use it?

Extinct.

Yes the atomic bomb is a terrible weapon. And we will not use ours until Iraq has supplied every Islamic terrorist with them.
    At which time it will be too late.
    ao5oqwtn8xj8.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I've said it before, we have a problem with being able to identify a problem and a direct solution.

In **** Germany, many Jews thought Hitler wasn't so bad and things would never get to a point they did. They were wrong and paid the ultimate price.

Are you willing to take that same chance and gamble with your life or those of your children ? Europe has once again looked the other way by allowing the radicals to take a foot hold. We are doing the same thing too but somehow are expecting a different outcome. History repeats itself as they say, when will we become smart enough to learn from it ?

The radical Muslims, and I call them that because there are Muslims who are peaceful and do not wish to behead all non-believers, have taken over all Muslim ideals. Their goal is for all to be Islamic or die. Their book tells them so, their prophet tells them so, and they read this every day and teach it generation after generation.

They will not stop, until they kill all non believers, even the moderate Muslims. You convert or die, there is no middle ground. By allowing these radicals to enter a country and set up networks, you are passively accepting the consequences.

The Saudi's, which never get mentioned, are also a big contributor but like to talk the peaceful game.

When you sit back and look at the world, and it's billions in population, where are the depressed, the refugees to go ? The legitimate ones anyway. Europe and the U.S. are the only bastions of safety left. Asia you have the Koreans and Chinese, Russia certainly won't take any and not exactly a bastion of freedom either. Africa ? South America ? Mexico ? Canada and Australia has wised up and severely limited it's immigration.

Bottom line is, many of these people need to stand and fight for their own countries much like we did. Which btw....to all the French haters, they were our allies back then as they are now. The U.S. has always been a friend to those seeking to turn their countries towards freedom. Many however like the idea, but not the price you need to pay. When we fought for our country, we had no military to speak of. A bunch of farmers and business men who pledged their lives and fortunes for something better. These other countries need to do the same and we would help them organize and fund some of it. The way we go about it now, funding radicals for regime change, always backfires on us. It is our leaders who took a stable middle east and turned it upside down.....and never finished the job on top of it.

Someone....some leaders somewhere, need to stand up and say this belief of converting or die will not stand in todays world. I don't see anyone willing to do that though. This type of thinking needs to be met swiftly and with harsh consequences, not coddled or looked on with compassion.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gentlemen,
    I can certainly understand the deeply held feelings that everyone feels during this time of global unrest and frustration. Expressing your sympathy with the people of France and everyone dealing with this horrible tragedy is commendable. However, as per the agreed upon rules, leave your political comments outside the discussion. I'm sure there are countless other avenues to express these views.
    Also, please refrain from adding to the general fear that is already prevalent. Postings that deal with advocating wholesale genocide and similar topics will be deleted as well. This is a time to set aside our differences not exacerbate them.
    Thanks, Ken
  • tonyb
    Options
    This is a time to set aside our differences not exacerbate them.
    Thanks, Ken

Won't get any argument from me on that....as probably the majority here too. Many only wish for differences to be set aside and simply take care of business. Easy enough in theory but not so much in application.

That said, I'll leave you with another George Orwell quote.

" A society that strays from the truth is the first to condemn those who speak it" Maybe not exact, but the message is still the same.

With that, prayers for all those harmed by this senseless act.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,964
    Options
    oldmodman wrote: »
    What do you call a Country that has a weapon in it's inventory and refuses to use it?

Extinct.

Yes the atomic bomb is a terrible weapon. And we will not use ours until Iraq has supplied every Islamic terrorist with them.
    At which time it will be too late.
    ao5oqwtn8xj8.jpg
    Really dude....

• F1nut
    Options
    It seems the "hackers" of the free world have declared war on ISIS. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Now, why didn't our Gov't think of that?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Speaking of hackers, gaming consoles may be being used for communication

Maybe the hackers can figure this out

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/11/14/why-the-paris-isis-terrorists-used-ps4-to-plan-attacks/

• F1nut
    Options
    Also, please refrain from adding to the general fear that is already prevalent.

Sorry Ken, but that attitude of sticking ones head in the sand may make some folks feel good, but that feeling will leave them PDQ when some dirt bag terrorist is standing in front of them.

This isn't going away any time soon.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    It seems the "hackers" of the free world have declared war on ISIS. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

We are Anonymous. We are legion.
    We do not forgive. We do not forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAUZnDIWu2I

• Nightfall
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Make no mistake. This group (Anonymous) that has the backs of "the people" are criminals and the ones that have been caught have been jailed.

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Make no mistake. This group (Anonymous) that has the backs of "the people" are criminals and the ones that have been caught have been jailed.

I agree, they have played havoc with Sony and many others, but in this case evil fighting evil not so bad.

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,106
    Options
    Speaking of General Pershing. We have a street named in his honor in Omaha. Also, this is interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pershing_Rifles
    jivs8tyx7bwf.jpg
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    I can honestly say that I would have no pity on savages who have beheaded and murdered 100's of thousands of innocent people in the name of religious perversion. I for one do not view what has happened in France as a "Setback". This lack of leadership and egotistic/narcissistic behavior needs to be prosecuted before any more of this continues. History proves that this will only get worse until it is met with overwhelming force. Take no prisoners as they will only reform and need to be readdressed.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Because we are not at war with Isis. Maybe congress should invoke Article 5 and declare it.

France bombed an Isis training camp with the help of our intel. My question is, as is many others also, if we knew about the training camp....why didn't WE bomb it ?

You see video of them training in the open, traveling through towns, all out in the open yet we do nothing. Obviously our objective is politics and not defeating an enemy.

Now I hear reports of 100k refugees to come here. Funny, I heard of no effort to bring any Christians here when they were begging for help as they were being slaughtered. Not a peep....so those professing we need to take Syrian refugees on the grounds of compassion can shove it where the sun don't shine.

We can all put differences aside for compassion, safety, human rights.....that I have confidence in. However it is our own leaders who can't seem to do so, not we the people. There is also a fine line between compassion and immigration and just being plain old stupid. We always seem to step in the pile of stupid.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Peace through strength. A proven recipe for successful foreign policy. ISIS has ZERO air power, if our leaders had the will, this would be finished quickly. The 3 F's. Bomb the food, fuel, and firearms supply lines; let them starve for a few weeks, and when morale is near zero, finish them off.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Peace through strength. A proven recipe for successful foreign policy. ISIS has ZERO air power, if our leaders had the will, this would be finished quickly. The 3 F's. Bomb the food, fuel, and firearms supply lines; let them starve for a few weeks, and when morale is near zero, finish them off.

Good point, except we haven't exactly oozed strength in the last 8 years and the results of that are showing worldwide.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Good point, except we haven't exactly oozed strength in the last 8 years and the results of that are showing worldwide.

Exactly. As this administration has demonstrated, denial is never a good strategy.

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • charley95
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    Impeach Impeach Impeach.

Oh man, don't start or this thread will get closed quicker than F1NUT can grab another can of Dapper Dan. lol

It's inevitable it will though, so those who want to continue the conversation with the handcuffs off.....go here.

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/thread/311/paris?page=1&scrollTo=2876

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I think that we are all very frustrated with the current events going on.
  • tonyb
    Options
    Impeach Impeach Impeach.

Oh man, don't start or this thread will get closed quicker than F1NUT can grab another can of Dapper Dan. lol

It's inevitable it will though, so those who want to continue the conversation with the handcuffs off.....go here.

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/thread/311/paris?page=1&scrollTo=2876

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I think that we are all very frustrated with the current events going on.

I think frustrated is putting it mildly, more like pulling our hair out in disbelief. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's