Vive La France!

Options
Tonight my prayers and respect go out to the people of France. Nothing else to say...
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    Options
    Amen
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Tonight my prayers and respect go out to the people of France. Nothing else to say...

Actually John, there's plenty to say....we just can't say it here. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    160 dead - RIP. Time for action is now.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Events in Paris yesterday were an horrific disaster for France and humanity -- and a shrill warning to the USA.

If we do not wake up to the threat we face, our civilization is even more in danger than it was from Hitler, Hirohito, and Stalin.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The innocents are always those who are targeted by cowards and madmen! Sympathies and solidarity to and with our French brothers and sisters, and a call for the end of Terrorism. Enough!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited November 2015
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    The innocents are always those who are targeted by cowards and madmen! Sympathies and solidarity to and with our French brothers and sisters, and a call for the end of Terrorism. Enough!

"Terrorism?"

We shall never end "terrorism" in general. There will always be transient "terrorism" at play in a world of fault-ridden human beings.

However, we now face terrorism that is being used by a fanatical group of Muslims as an instrument to establish the Caliphate their prophet mandated as their mission in life centuries ago.

We need to focus on that specific threat -- not some amorphous concept of "terrorism."

And the most important step we have to achieve is that of persuading so-called moderate Muslims that they must join us in the fight.

If they are truly "moderate," they will renounce tenants of their view of civiliization that pit them against those who do not share their view.

If they do not, we cannot succeed, and the battle will go on forever.

Just MHO.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    We can only dream.
    https://youtu.be/R15uLXHqMyo

Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • F1nut
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Actually John, there's plenty to say....we just can't say it here. ;)

In a situation like this, we should be able talk about it here.....we NEED to be able to talk about it here.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    And we wonder why people don't know what's going on or get duped by the obfuscation.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,964
    Options
    Mike, please expand on your comment above...F1 made a great point 2 posts up.
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tonight my prayers and respect go out to the people of France.

+1

It's way past time for our leaders to get their heads out of their posteriors.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    It is too bad it takes this type of c r a p to put a stop to the stupid French bashing (Freedom Fries. LOL) in the recent past from The Lunatic Fringe. Vive la France !
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    All I know is France tried to be noble and got burned. This ultimately proves there is absolutely no reason to deal with these radicals in a civilized manor.
    We can only hope that with the holiday season around the corner that the International Intelligence committees share the information and protect the innocent bystanders.

Stand tall, protect your own, and bless those who are effected.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    All I know is France tried to be noble and got burned.

Actually, I think it is the opposite. A few years ago they tried, and maybe did, ban women from wearing Burqas in public, which I agree with. I did think that was ironic since France is a women's fashion center. Anyway, that appears to have irritated The Stupid People.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    All I know is France tried to be noble and got burned.

Actually, I think it is the opposite. A few years ago they tried, and maybe did, ban women from wearing Burqas in public, which I agree with. I did think that was ironic since France is a women's fashion center. Anyway, that appears to have irritated The Stupid People.

What I was referring to is France opening the gates to Syrian refugees by the train load.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• BlueFox
    Options
    I certainly don't know who was behind this, but my initial guess is the Syrian refugees are a future problem.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    It's not just Syrian refugees, it's border policies in general.

• F1nut
    Options
    France had some pretty strong words in response to the cold-blooded murders, let's hope they follow up on them.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    Options
    The French did deal with Mali.

"French Army operations in Mali (Operation Serval) in 2013 provide a model for designing and operating an expeditionary force, one that has a number of attributes and competencies that United States Army Chief of Staff General Raymond Odierno has indicated to be requirements for the Army."

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR770.html

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    Options
    It's not just Syrian refugees, it's border policies in general.

Exactly.

Europe in general prides itself on their open border policies. Those policies were in place to allow free travel within European countries for economic reasons given their individual sizes and geographic locations. Think of it like we travel between states here.

Nice in theory, but the world is not the same place anymore. The radical nutjobs have a plan, have had that plan for centuries. Our plan to combat it is about as old as your last thought.

They populate countries, having as many kids as possible putting strain on western welfare systems. This is a tactic as old as anything, we even used it here. The time has come to start vetting the people you let in the door both abroad and here and slow it down. I know many have good intentions, but those intentions don't always work for the benefit of the country.

Comes a point where you have to put politics aside and simply do the right things to protect yourself/country in a growing violent world. I've stated before the world economies are in a huge slump, and when economies go south violence rises. We see it in poor neighborhoods here and every other poor nation. Don't see it getting better anytime soon either.

The problem with the Islamic nutjobs is, you can't kill an ideology. Even if you killed them all, as long as 2 survive they will eventually grow again. Repercussions from this line of thinking must be met swiftly and harshly to beat back any future thoughts of terrorism. Too bad we lack the will to do that though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Might I also add, why do we pay the U.N. half a billion dollars a year for ? As many other nations also do, aren't they suppose to be the worlds peace keeping force ? Why are we always to foot the bill ?

Many powerful figures in the world seek regime change. Billionaires, political figures, to make the world in to their idea of what it should be. We do it all the time, seeking regime change in Syria, other African nations etc. so that boots on the ground and war can be avoided. Sometimes that happens by funding opposing groups to those current governing bodies. George Soros does that here by giving and funding hundreds of organizations to change our political system and culture.....and with much success I might add too.

We ourselves are not so innocent in trying to change world power to our liking, and others are doing it also, but this type of behavior usually has some very bad consequences. None of which affect the powers at be or the affluent of societies. They live in a bubble, behind fences and walls with armed security around them while denying the average joe the same luxuries and safety. In other words, when things go south from their incestuous meddling in policy or other governments, who pays the price ?

We do, the average citizen, who fights the wars and dies, the others who pay the taxes for bogus causes or policy. The benefits are reaped by them, the downside is always reaped by us. This how it always seems the rich keep getting richer and the poor....poorer.

Men of honor and integrity are whats needed, not power hungry corporatist who only seek to line their own pockets at the expense of the many.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    All I know is France tried to be noble and got burned. This ultimately proves there is absolutely no reason to deal with these radicals in a civilized manor.
    We can only hope that with the holiday season around the corner that the International Intelligence committees share the information and protect the innocent bystanders.

Stand tall, protect your own, and bless those who are effected.

I don't know if there intentions were nobel or just political. Politicians will do or say anything to gain a voting advantage. To them it's not about doing the right thing or protecting their citizens... It's about power.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    Options
    Human beings in general are corruptible, even the most noble and staunch in their beliefs. What usually changes is those around them, advising them to go against their staunch beliefs to gain favor from one group or another. That's why you see so many flip flop on those beliefs.

To be fair though, it's not uncommon. God knows we all have changed our beliefs as we age but certain things remain the same and are what keeps us grounded. Those are the things that need to be expanded and promoted. Many of us want the same things, we just differ in how to get there.

Part of running a country is expanding on the things that unite us all, not divide us. Unfortunately the things that divide us are whats being pushed front and center these days.

As I commented on other threads, this all runs hand in hand with our own failures to tackle the tough problems we have internally. Education, family unit, welfare, immigration, economy and good paying jobs to name a few. Most of the negative things you see today is a result of,or cumulative effect of bad policy and poor leadership on both Fed. and state levels.

One needs look no further than the situation at Missou to see where we have failed as parents, educators, and political leaders.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    One needs look no further than the situation at Missou to see where we have failed as parents, educators, and political leaders.
    Others would see this as a huge success for the above groups. What we fail to understand is that there are different, competing, and rather intrenched points of view.
    Ones view of success is anothers view of failure. Sound familiar?

LOL....I get your point, but I do believe the majority see it as a failure.

The refugee thing....is being fast tracked for us to take 10k and even more. Does anyone seriously trust the government to vet a single one ? I mean....they do such a great job at the southern border, are we to expect something different ? Really ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Definitely think you're onto something, Tony. Imagine Islamic "radicals" trying to recruit in a society that provided ample opportunity for education, jobs and success, that was tied into the global economic system and international community instead of lashing out at them from another time and place (an almost pre-industrial vortex of "badness" and "hopelessness").

Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    America has nothing to fear.
    Seriously :(

jwns3zix6j4w.jpg
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    If the governments of the countries where these crazy groups operate are unwilling or cant do anything about them,then we and others need to hit them hard. Innocent civilians will die, but they are dying now.
  • deronb1
    Options
    Murders are not going to change either. And we do have the right when we or our allies are threatened. We are allied with France you know.

These people wont stop and their countries dont care. Are we just supposed to suck it up and let them get away with these horrible acts?

Get off the isolationism boat and grow a pair!
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    ISIS declared war on the U.S. on July 21, 2012. They are obviously a clear threat to our interests around the world. We can't afford to let this be someone else's problem.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • deronb1
    Options
    You feel we illigally invaded Iraq after they invaded Kuait and we have it coming to us huh? The terror organizations are justified in their actions because of ours?
This discussion has been closed.