Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Options
2»

Comments

• ken brydson
    Options
    American Werewolf in London scared the cr*p out of me back in the day...
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Poee7R wrote: »
    ?...The Boogens... I was warned. Had me blinking into the dark many nights.

Was fun stuff for a kid.
    Dave

Was that the one with the creatures in an old mine?! That movie scared me to death as a kid, but I had convinced myself I made up the title....

Imdb here I come:-)

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    edited September 2015
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Poee7R wrote: »
    ?...The Boogens... I was warned. Had me blinking into the dark many nights.

Was fun stuff for a kid.
    Dave

Was that the one with the creatures in an old mine?! That movie scared me to death as a kid, but I had convinced myself I made up the title....

Imdb here I come:-)

What do ya know - Amazon has it on blu ray for $17....

Should be here by the end of the week, so I can scare the crap out of my kids:->

Thanks!!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,871
    Options
    the final destination series as the accidents could actually happen.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    So, here is the age revealing itself, i wasn't a scary movie type when younger but i can tell you this. When i saw Jurassic Park in the theater back in 93 (i was 9) i was scared $h1tless!

Then my father had be watch John Carpenter's "The Thing"....didn't sleep for a while after that one.

I saw Evil Dead references above. Awesome series! Didn't see them until college. The remake will F you up a little.

If you want to see a real thiller, check out "Jackhammer Massacre". The premise is, a guy with an electric powered jackhammer chases people throughout a warehouse. Classic! :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    The Omen and Excorcist also scared me when they first came out. Pretty young then.

Few years back, found Gremlins on sale for $5, so I bought it. Cousins grand kids. (4, 6, and 9) where over her house and threw it in for them. The first time a gremlin appears, the 2 older ones, both girls, screamed and would not even stay in the room while it was on.

The youngest, a boy, said cool, can I have some more popcorn? Grandma made me turn it off. Come to think about it, even Ghost Busters scared those 2 girls.
  • westmassguy
    Options
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. 1973 TV Movie with Kim Darby & Jim Hutton. Scared the C R A P out of me. Not to be confused with the terrible 2010 remake.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    Psychological horror movies for me...saw The Chang
    Ing on TV when I was a teenager and it freaked me out. The Exorcist of course and even more recently the Ring and the first Sinister movie.