With which Polkie do you most relate?

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    tonyb wrote: »
    I can relate to all of you boneheads. :) For different reasons too.

CNH- because he's a thinking man, and a Greek which makes him a neighbor. The kind of neighbor you wish would move because his weeds keep blowing onto your lawn. :)
    LW- Because he tries....even though his budget is limited he's still out there looking for ways to improve his listening experience. Which btw....represents a lot of folks and many of us have been there too.

H9- Because he's a tube God....a funny tube God at that.
    GG- Because he's frickin' hilarious and short and to the point
    Enders- because I just love yankin' his chain.
    PFB- no explanation needed
    All the Kens- just because their name is KKKKKen.
    BBL- who doesn't love a smart arse.
    F1NUT- also funny as heck, knowledgeable....straight shooter.
    Rich- Man is a DIY animal, also has brains beyond anything I can comprehend.
    John- because I can talk sh&t with him.
    All the California Polkies- because I feel sorry for them.....and jealous at the same time.
    Keiko- just because I want to slap him for posting whales in his backyard.
    DK- guy goes into a review with more depth and details you'd be hard pressed to find in any magazine.
    Earniejade- because I just want to buy the guy a bigger room to put some monster floorstanders back up.
    Trey- like watching your kid grow up, very proud of the dude and he does excellent work.
    Canadian Polkies- just because your Canadian, need more be said ?

Just a short summation, apologies if I left anyone out. I love 99% of the people here. The other 1% can kiss my tubes. :)

Wow I guess when you told me I was on your Sh___ list is was an "it" and not an "ort"
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    No worries man, nobody is on my sh$t list.

Listen up, this thread is exactly what I'm talking about in the FM poll thread. All you guys have fun, talk audio, yank each others chains.....your a family of sorts. You actually give a sh%t if something bad happens to one another. It's more of a personal relationship than just doing a flyby, asking a couple questions and hitting the road.

It's only normal for any new family member to be somewhat laid back until they get the lay of the land. Then they eventually start talking like Enders....and you can't shut Dan up now. lol

Anyway, you guys remind me in this thread what makes this joint worth it.....rock on with all your bad selves.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,544
    Halen and zero.

Halen because he and I agree on several things.

Zero because I've known him forever and he's a punk.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,579
    tonyb wrote: »
    Then they eventually start talking like Enders....and you can't shut Dan up now. lol.

:no_mouth:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited August 2015
    :no_mouth:

I'll hold you my sweet, delicate snowflake.....
    Come, lets share a box of wine and talk about how big of a **** T-bone is. :D

If i spell tird incorrect, will it still hide it?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,118
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I'm basing this on Polkies that you know virtually, not personally.

For me it's rooftop and kenbrydson. No matter the topic, I generally agree with their opinions and they just generally seem like people I'd like to sit down with and have a beer.

One of these days I will make it up to DFW to have a beer with yous guys...

Would love to have a beer with Paul, got to meet skip the other day briefly, one day it will be longer. And I bet ole enders would be a hoot once he gets all loaded up on diet mountain dew...

Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Harmon Kardon HK3490; Bluesounds Node N130; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,579
    edited August 2015
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    And I bet ole enders would be a hoot once he gets all loaded up on diet mountain dew...

They don't have enough to make that happen :smile:.

I'm ALWAYS jacked up on Diet MD lol..... I've debated quitting and putting that money in my audio fund instead lol...

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,109
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    moose68bash seems to have his head screwed on pretty tightly.

By and large (and FWIW), there's more aggressive "opinionation" on these forums than I care for -- more ad hominem attacks than I enjoy.

I still like old Polk speakers, though, so I hang around.

Thank you, @mhardy6647.

I also appreciate your posts, which indicate that we have several interests in common beyond music and good sound -- e.g., nature, wildlife, open space, and photography (I like photography but don't pretend to your competence!)

We also both live in the Granite State!

There are obviously a lot of great folks on this Forum, and there are a few to whom I owe thanks for all the help, advice, and expertise they have given me -- @VR3, @DarqueKnight, @F1nut, @Toolfan66, @helipilotdoug, @motorstereo, and @nbrowser, to name a few. I know that I owe thanks to more.

I owe motorstereo a special public "thank you" for giving me a couple of line control stands that he had picked up at a flea market so that I could build two speaker stands for my Allison 6 speakers. I had seen his use of one of these stands to build a stand for his Dreadnought, he offered me these.

I shall start a thread to show what I am doing with these, but first I have to verify that my "design" (such as it is) will work. My first to attempts proved undoable -- for me at least.

In any case, motorstereo, thank you. More to come n the fate of the two stands you so generously gave me! :)

Thanks Phil and I'm looking forward to seeing how you made out with those stands. I do feel as though I came out on the winning end though. I got to meet a nice and knowledgeable Polkie and that extra large goodie bag of Moose candies you left here was delicious and did not last long. You were also the first and only person to see my humble rig that knew exactly what "Larry's rings, a dreadnaught, rdo1098's and a proper sda soundsage and set up were. The pleasure was mine
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    Brian,

You are too kind!

Lisa and I enjoyed meeting you, too, and I don't think anybody would refer to your rig as "humble." You have quite the rig, and a great listening space!

I'll soon be posting pictures of my "parts" for the speaker stands (I now have them all), and I hope soon also to have identified folks who can do some light woodworking and machining for me so that I can put the stands together.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Who do I most relate to...I'd have to say...I don't know. I'm a bargain hunter so that likens me to tonyb, that's about all I got...lol

More than half the active members here are bargain hunters Ken. I just happen to be one who pairs my audio with food and wine. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited August 2015
    This is a tough one. Top three would be tophatjohnny, voltz, and boston1450. All kool kats in their own way. Honorable mention goes to F1nut and Ken Swauger. Never spoken to either of them, but both have had unlimited patience, and have given freely their advice and knowledge. Professionally, I've worked with several members who are super individuals, TennMan, dhart86, msg, ScubaSteve82103, stogie, leftwinger57, gimpod, MikeReeter, Mr_Hz, to name a few. Apologies to anyone I've left out.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    David youve been awesome dealing with all my questions & projects you have helped me with (alot). The woofers repair you did on the 1970's ADS's looked brand new & i thought you sent the wrong ones back LOL. Tagged everything & explains things well. Super clean work & i cant wait for my new binders to show up this week & install everything. Cant wait to do more projects/upgrades to crossovers. Stand up guy. I enjoy bs'n with ya. I thank you..... Voltz i got a project coming up & im gonna be bugging ya soon. What a great community here
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    I've got to go with CNH, we see eye to eye lots, even though sometimes he gets WAY out there. But then again, I like that.

I'll give a shoutout to ES, because he's sooo damn sexxxy. :wink: Hi big boy....
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2015
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    I've got to go with CNH, we see eye to eye lots, even though sometimes he gets WAY out there. But then again, I like that.

There is no well that is so DEEP that bending over we cannot see our own reflection at the bottom of it. (Leszek Kolakowski).

Sometimes I'm just WAY DOWN there! lol

But the feeling is mutual.
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,532
    ^ Match point. *mic drop*
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sounds good Randy! Glad to be of help anyway I can :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,576
    Thanks Darryl for tube info. Look forward to getting back to you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    what I like about my 703's, if I pay more attention to one over the other
    it doesn't get jealous.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I can relate to RED and sometimes to what Red is relating too.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Pie is where it's at!!
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    That is an especially nice slice of pie!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    holy stroganoff...
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    F1nut wrote: »
    That is an especially nice slice of pie!

Holy...F1 and I agree on something...??!!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Me myself and pie
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited August 2015
    So Polkies have "finally" reached a consensus about something. And what might that be? Fantasy women none of them could ever have? Remarkable!

All in good fun, boys!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • I love to eat pie.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • F1nut
    cnh wrote: »
    So Polkies have "finally" reached a consensus about something. And what might that be? Fantasy women none of them could ever have? Remarkable!

All in good fun, boys!

I've had better.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    I don't drink.

President of Club Polk

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    F1......i call BS.
    Pics or it didn't happen.......your pasty white caboose needs to be identifiable in said pic.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    cnh wrote: »

All in good fun, boys!

cnh,

Being the intellectual you claim to be, I assume you are familiar with the term "Freudian Projection". :) Or you can just Google it...

I will make no claims, but your post did make me literally laugh out loud.