gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
edited February 2015 in Headphones
bkb5pqjpqagj.jpg

1. Velodyne Vpulse MSRP $89.00 paid $39.00
2. Bose Ie2 MSRP $99.00 on sale for $79.00 with BB reward points paid $59.00
3. Sennheiser CX 200 Streets II MSRP $49.95 paid $ 20.95
4. Sennheiser MX 365 MSRP $19.99 paid $17.99

these all replaced my old Klipsch IEMs S4s that quit working and my Polk Audio UltraFit 3000s that my wife hijacked from me they sound great and she liked them enough to take them from me.

The Velodynes are my favorites the only thing is the stock silicone tips no matter what size S M L will not stay in my ears which means, loss of a proper seal and diminished loss of sound, but adding the Comply ear tips solves that issue the bass is heavy yet very articulate on these the mids and highs are still noticeable and are not overwhelmed by the heavy bass these sound absolutely fantastic once you get that perfect seal thanks to the Comply Tips. These come with a draw string bag for storage but I paid $4.99 for a Velodyne hard case.

The Bose Ie2s sound also pretty awesome the Bose trickery is in fold here these are the most comfortable IEMs I have ever owned and fit in the ear canal floating they stay suspended in the ear canal and earlobe the bass is not as prominent as the Velodynes but the mid and highs are excellent if they are pushed into your ear canal further they are just as bass heavy as the Velos and would be the clear winner but they rest on the earlobe and are suspended right next to the canal they come with a decent case that all my I pods fit into
they are over packaged for sure like you are getting a full sized pair of headphones.

The Sennheisers both sound great the Cx 200s almost sound as nice as the Velos however the highs seem to be a tad shrill at louder volumes same for the MX 365s all in all good phones and I also put the Comply tips on the CX 200s also.

There you have it the Velodynes and the Bose sound very good and both are my favorites, what IEMs can anybody suggest that they enjoy. The MX 365 are earbud style and don't sound as nice as the CX 200s but are still worth a purchase. The Wifes not getting any of these B)
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004PNZFZ8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1422886702&sr=8-1&keywords=shure+se215&dpPl=1&dpID=31AzualGvjL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

I think I might add these to the mix to see if they can better the ones I have now the head fi crowd seem to think these are worthy of owning anyone own a pair of these? I got some kind of problem once I get interested in something it's hard to stop, but I think that these Shures might be a welcome addition to the collection, hey they are on sale staying within the cost of the others don't think I would want to pay MSRP on these Shures.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well I guess I will never know how these will sound as I got an email saying they are back ordered and now when you click on the link you get some what of an explanation as to why. I'm thinking knock off ones, I thought the price was to good to be true besides I'm happy with the ones I got, I canceled my order on the Shures. I thought the Beats and the Sennheiser CX 300 were the only ones being copied.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm glad that you are still enjoying the vPulse IEMs. They are my favorites as well. I got an additional pair in Black for $19.99 on sale during the holidays from newegg. I agree that the Comply tips are a must have upgrade for ALL of my IEMs.

5gcqll5aqj5k.png

So, to answer your original question, other IEMS worthy of your consideration are the Brainwavz Delta IEM Earphones (these come with a pair of Comply foam tips and a 2-year warranty!). I got an additional set of these for the Mrs and she really likes them.

enq0qrrvzp3b.png

Last but not least are the Panasonic RPHJE120K. These seem like a joke at their MSRP but, in all honesty, they are very good IEMs.

1r7sox0r0cpa.png

I wouldn't hesitate to take any of these IEMs with me while I'm out and about.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    I'm so not a headphone guy. I use them as a necessary way to listen to music while I'm at the Gym or on the trial mountain bike riding. Occasionally I'll use them at home but in no way would headphones ever be a part of my long term listening habits. I don't think headphones sound anywhere near as good as speakers in a room. You miss the airy space which I feel like I'm in a box when I have headphones on.
    I have tried some pretty high end headphones and I don't find any value in them. I have 2 pairs of higher end Klipsch head phones and I think my iPhone Apple models are just fine.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    best IEMs I have bought so far are the $17.99 Xiaomi Piston II. They take three weeks to deliver from China on a slow boat. Ibuygou is the site I got them from. lots of counterfits out there. amazing open sound. worth a look. Peace
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Dan these are in ear monitors IEM used for on the go, mounting biking, walking the dogs gym, not for listening In the comfort of your home, where heap phones come in play. Any of the above mentioned sound much better than the tin can no bass sounding IEM'S that come with your apple gear or androids.

I mountain bike a lot and of the ones I mentioned the Bose IE2 win they sound great and stay in your ear on any off road trail. There is a difference between IEM'S and Headphones.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    best IEMs I have bought so far are the $17.99 Xiaomi Piston II. They take three weeks to deliver from China on a slow boat. Ibuygou is the site I got them from. lots of counterfits out there. amazing open sound. worth a look. Peace

Yes, I have a pair of the Xiaomi Piston II as well (gold color, come in a neat plastic box that smells like chocolate and is wrapped in an outer, intricately folded, paper box.

I do like them and they match my gold Fiio X1 nicely but, I still like the vPulse the best out of the bunch. YMMV.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10