Life sucks and other dumb things

As some of you guys know I'm in a wheelchair and need help getting going for the day, so this morning started out like any other day, my aid come's in turns the light on, wakes me up then brings me coffee, and when I'm done with my coffee we start the get my fat a.s.s out of bed procedure, now mind you she's kinda tall and likes to crank the bed height up so it's easy for her so when she's done with that she just toss's the controller in the bed nailing me right in the knee cap (keep in mind that I do have sensation it's just really really HYPER) so my leg jumps violently and she says without thinking "I'm sorry I forgot you had legs" to which I say "That's OK I forgot your blond!"

You know your old when you start getting all that AARP junk in the mail but you know your really old when you start getting stuff from funeral home services and cremation society's, Are they trying to tell me something aw screw it just put my butt on the barbie till I'm charcoal then flush me down the nearest toilet, I won't care I'll be dead.

Notice all the legal ads lately, that go something like this:
If you have been diagnosed with/prescribed or taken (Insert Drug or Disease Here) and have suffered from
A whole list of nasty side effects.
And or Death

Please call the law offices of "Jerk-offs, Ambulance Chasers and Scum Bags", you may be entitled to a cash award.
Just one question, If your dead how are you suppose to call these jerks let alone get your "cash award".

Why are most hour long shows actually less than 40 min's after you get rid of the commercials, I can remember when they where 50-55 min's. Also as of late can you even remember the last movie you've seen that was in retrospect really good or even worth the price of the ticket, I can't. Usually I'll wait for them to hit cable, netflix or the bargain bin before I'll watch them.

One last thing how can anyone justify spending hundreds of dollars just to go to one pro ball game, figuring a family of 4.

That is all carry on fellow travelers.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Damn I don't know about to Tony guys (You and TonyB) but y'all crack me the F*** up

Cheers pal, at least you still have your sense of humor
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    DSkip wrote: »
    On that note, how hard is it to make a good canned potato soup? I just tried two, and Campbells was edible, but the other one was downright disgusting.

Apparently pretty hard, I agree Campbells is some what edible. I guess if you want a good potato soup and I love potato soup is to go home made.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    You sound just fine to me.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I think we can all agree on all your statements you are absolutely spot on. As far as potato soup goes this one is quite good.http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Creek-Country-Kitchens-Creamy/dp/B000H27NWO
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited November 2014
    http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Creek-Country-Kitchens-Cheddar/dp/B000H25WNQ

This link works. (NOT) anyways Bear Creek creamy potato soup mmm mmm good
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Progresso Hearty Potato with Bacon is pretty good. I doctor it with some whole kernel corn. A somewhat pathetic attempt to re-create my late moms Corn Chowder, but it's not bad.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited November 2014
    Sorry about the day and the blonde. Good help? My wife's father just got dumped out of supervised care because he could make NO more "progress" he'll be 90 soon and his spine is shot-what do they expect him to do: Take up rock climbing? We sure care for our aged, now don't we?

But it sounds like you have the humor to cope with it all.

On an another note: Who eats "potato soup"? Certainly not my ancestors, nor George's! lol

Hang in there, reminisce with some "good tunes"!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • I get calls all the time from the "Neptune Society", which is the local burn em and dump em group.
    My favorite response is to tell them that I no longer require their services since I died two months ago and gave my body to the UCLA school of medicine and my brain to the engineering dept. If they ask any stupid questions I tell them that they installed my brain in an AI answering machine.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    oldmodman wrote: »
    I get calls all the time from the "Neptune Society", which is the local burn em and dump em group.
    My favorite response is to tell them that I no longer require their services since I died two months ago and gave my body to the UCLA school of medicine and my brain to the engineering dept. If they ask any stupid questions I tell them that they installed my brain in an AI answering machine.

:p Got to remember that for future reference.

"Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Glad to see your humor is holding you up Tony.

btw....Potato soup is awesome....some shredded cheddar/bacon bits on top with a dollop of sour cream....damn I'm hungry now.

Isn't it funny though, most of us go threw life in a daze.....raising kids, working our rear ends off as the years whisk by. Only when we have time on our hands do we stop and look around and go "WTF is going on" ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    cnh wrote: »
    On an another note: Who eats "potato soup"? Certainly not my ancestors, nor George's! lol cnh

I use Campbells potato as the base for when I make fish chowder. Add to it a can of fish or clam stock your seasonings and the seafood of your choice I like scallops, salmon, tilapia, and minced clams.

The chowder comes out rich and creamy and I didn't have to do any slicing or dicing of potatoes!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    Good idea there Cathy. Big fan of clam chowder myself. Though I dunno about the Salmon in clam chowder.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Best Chowder i ever had was "Smoked Corn Chowder" from a local Cajun Restaurant. never found anything in the store that ever came close to it :(
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • gimpod wrote: »
    "That's OK I forgot your blond!"
    LOL And then she said???

Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    tonyb wrote: »
    Good idea there Cathy. Big fan of clam chowder myself. Though I dunno about the Salmon in clam chowder.

That's because it isn't clam chowder, it's seafood chowder, and quite frankly it's just one container of minced clams that simply gets lost in the base.

http://www.food.com/recipe/seafood-chowder-83265
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Clam Chowder I get but it's a LOT more than a potato soup, no? I've had some of the "best". New England style! That's where WE are!

Tony? An Italian eating Potato soup? Oh, the Horror! the Horror! Just pulling your leg.

That recipe does sound interesting, Cathy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I can see Tony eating potato soup with a glass of Chianti Classico :)

I wish AARP wouldn't send some much junk mail, makes no since to send me 10+ letters a week. there goes half there budget!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    It's pronounced CHOW-DUH, for those of you not from New England.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    It's pronounced CHOW-DUH, for those of you not from New England.

Your soo right....lol.

Being a fan of clam chowder, the best I've had so far was actually in a dive of a place in Bodega bay California. Small shack with 5 things on the menu, that's it. One of them being a hotdog no less. I asked the lady why she has hotdogs on the menu when everything else was fresh caught fish or chowder. She replied that if you were a fisherman eating the same thing day in and day out, you'd crave a good old fashioned dog too.

Good point....but her chowder was out of this world.

Chianti doesn't mesh with chowder btw. Maybe a nice light Pino Noir or a buttery Chardonnay....or a Pino Grigio. Come on guys, get your food pairing on...lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Tony..that place wouldn't have been called The Fish Shack?? AKA Fishetarian?? If so..that place is excellent!
  • tonyb
    I think so pal, can't say for sure though. It's a small road side shack on the interior bay.....only a couple seats inside and picnic tables outside. Right where the boats come in and dock. All I know is this dump had fantastic food and the chowder blew me away.

I was hungry and just driving around and it was the only place I could find for fresh fish....then when I saw chowder.....ohhh baby, look out. I'll knock over a few senior citizens for good chowder.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    And, quahog is pronounced quo-hog .......

I used to get great vichyssoise, ice cold, sprinkled with some fresh chives. That was good potato soup ! :)
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Great thread........
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • gimpod
    You just gotta love this place even with the bad layout when a basically b.s. rant post get's turned into a discussion about potato soup and clam chowder. :D
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    gimpod wrote: »
    You just gotta love this place even with the bad layout when a basically b.s. rant post get's turned into a discussion about potato soup and clam chowder. :D

squirrel....

• gimpod
    I have no shame! >:)
  • tonyb
    gimpod wrote: »

squirrel....

LMAO.....

Yeah, sorry about that man. My fault for the derail. Carry on with your rant.....but you have to admit, it made you forget about it didn't it ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gimpod
    Yep! :) , Don't worry about the derail your cool, it just show that we all have the attention span of a three year old for the most part but that's one of the things that makes this place so fun. :)
  • gimpod
    UPDATE on The Aid Who Forgot I Had Legs

Well a couple months back she finds out that she can get all the info on her birth parents, so she does and finds out she is Native American (Oglala Sioux Tribe in South Dakota) and gets her Tribal I.D. card and number. So she shows up the other day all proud about being Native American.

Now being the caring PC person that I am I replied with "So since your a certified card carrying savage does that mean I only have to pay you half as much and if so can I get a refund starting from your first pay check."

Payback is a b.i.t.c.h. >:)
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    :p
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer